“Lovely Location, Let Down by Service”

Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I recently stayed for a week at The Holdsworth House for the second time in around a year, and although the setting is absolutely stunning, I feel I should comment on the poor service at breakfast. While it may not seem that important, as I was there on business and having to arrive at my customer's office every monring I consder it one of the most important aspects of my stays. I only managed to get my breakfast served once, on the other days I had to cancel the order (or didnt get the opportunity to order at all) as the waitress was too busy talking with some actors that were staying at the hotel at the same time. It is a shame as I have another visit due before the end of the year, but I would be reluctant to use this hotel again because of this.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Paul W
HoldsworthHouse, General Manager at Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Paul W,

Thank you for taking the time to review Holdsworth House following your experience with us.

May I firstly say how disappointed the team and I were to read your comments about the service you received at breakfast. Delivering engaging and individual service to ALL our valued guests is our absolute aim, however I can see that we have been unable to fulfill our promise during your time with us, and for this I would like to sincerely apologise.

I will of course be sharing your constructive feedback with the breakfast team, in order that future guests are not affected in the same adverse way you were. If you do have the time speak personally with me I would be most grateful (01422 232362), as I am keen to understand more about what happened and work to reinstall your confidence in the hotel.

On a positive note I was glad that you found the setting of the hotel to be stunning, we continue to work hard to maintain Holdsworth House as a unique and special property with service to match.

Kindest regards

Richard Christie

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I've been lucky enough to stay at Holdsworth house this week when its decorated for Christmas. It's a beautiful hotel anyway but with the Christmas decorations in place it was stunning.
As in previous visits the food was excellent!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
HoldsworthHouse, Public Relations Manager at Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Tony B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your views of the hotel.

Holdsworth House lends itself so well to the Christmas period and we love to celebrate it, while making our guests feel special by offering great food and service.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Thank you for a lovely night we were there for a friends wedding so stayed all weekend. Room was great, staff so helpful and food was out of this world. Will be stopping here again one of the best hotels ive ever stayed in A star see you soon

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
HoldsworthHouse, Public Relations Manager at Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Lee B, thank you for sharing your feedback. It's amazing for our team to be recognised for their hard work; just a few words can mean so much. Come again won't you!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I have stayed in many hotels and I have to say Holdsworth House is perfect in every way. The wonderful staff keep it spotless, the food is excellent and the Management is fantastic. I would highly recommend this hotel for any occasion.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you Denise E for your very kind words, our team here truly appreciates such feedback. We hope you'll be staying again soon so we can continue our good work.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

We got married at Holdsworth House on the 15th of November and we had such an amazing day. The staff on the day couldn't of been more helpful. The food was delicious. I can't recommend this hotel enough.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Tracy, many congratulations from everyone here on your recent marriage. We are thrilled to have been part of your wedding day and hope that you have many fond memories for years to come. We'd love to see you again at the hotel before your first anniversary.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Recently went to a wedding at Holdsworth House. The hotel is welcoming, full of character and the perfect venue for a wedding. The staff went that extra mile to ensure all our needs were catered to. As an example, I needed a needle and thread and called reception and within a minute, there was a knock on my door with a sewing kit. The food was of the highest standards. The rooms were cosy and the breakfast was just what was needed the day after.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank wcslingsby

Thank you Warren for taking the time to share your experience of Holdsworth House. We are delighted everything was to your satisfaction and liking, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed for business and enjoyed good food and friendly staff. Was lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite which was superb (and unusually on two floors with a mezzanine bedroom) and very comfortable. For the money it's great value and by far the best hotel near halifax that I have stayed in.

• Stayed: November 2013
HoldsworthHouse, Public Relations Manager at Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear CandKP thank you for reviewing Holdsworth House, everyone here is delighted when another guest recommends us. We hope that you'll stay with us again when you come for business in Halifax and West Yorkshire.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Halifax
The White Swan Hotel by Compass Hospitality
The Imperial Crown Hotel
Wool Merchant Hotel
Wool Merchant Hotel
#6 of 10 in Halifax

Been to Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!