Stayed on a Last Tango in Halifax package, upon arrival the room we were allocated smelt of smoke so we were moved to a pretty designed room at the end of the corridor upstairs, tiny but everything we needed was there. The room was very clean and the housekeeper very professional in moving us. We had included in the package a small afternoon tea but was asked when we checked in if we wanted to upgrade to a full afternoon tea for extra cost, we agreed but when we sat down we were told we couldn't have the full afternoon tea as chef couldn't cope with this and a wedding. We insisted and they agreed to do this, although we would have at least a half an hour wait. The afternoon tea when it arrived was lovely but other people in the room weren't served theirs and walked out after an hour. We upgraded dinner also to a tasting menu, this was really excellent and the amount was perfect. The only downside to dinner was the 30th birthday party in a private room. They walked through the dining room to get to the bar, which didn't make for a relaxing atmosphere. Our bedroom was directly above the private party also and as the room didn't have a bar people were going out every few minutes and the banging of the door meant i got practically no sleep. Once the party had finished at 1am the night porter started to clean the room until 4am. I did complain and received £50 off the bill but having hardly any sleep wasn't much fun. Breakfast was good but overall I think mid week breaks would be better as the staff seem to struggle with having a wedding, a private party and hotel guests at the same time. The old part of the hotel and the grounds are beautiful and it has lots of history.and if you are a Beatles fan then it is worth staying to experience where they stayed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halifax's only four-star hotel is now listed in the 2013 Michelin Guide along with the country's elite hotels & restaurants. Holdsworth House is a beautiful Jacobean manor built in 1633, which has been owned and run by the Pearson family for 50 years. The manor stands in stunning, secluded gardens and is just three miles north of Halifax. It feels a world apart from the bustle of everyday life and is a perfect choice for accommodation, weddings and conferences. In this beautiful old house you'll find open fires, cosy lounges, fine antiques and tapestries that create a sense of history and comfort. The 39 charming bedrooms are all ensuite and have all been individually furnished. Dinner is served by candlelight in the 17th Century, oak-paneled 2 AA Rosette-winning restaurant whilst the Long Bar has a simpler brasserie style menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holdsworth House Hotel And Restaurant
- Holdsworth Hotel Halifax
- Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant Halifax, West Yorkshire