I stayed at the imperial crown for 5 nights for work.
The location is excellent - you can walk everywhere from here. Boots, WH Smiths and Tesco just around the corner too.
I was lucky as I was in a large room - however it did look onto a busy road and building so when I was in the room I generally had to keep my curtains closed.
The room was clean and ok.
Bathroom was hideous - Gray bathroom suite with a noisy fan and I didn't have a shower screen - it was a make shift curtain on the wire you use for hanging wet stuff on. It was too long and blocked the plug and was a real accident waiting to happen. Management need to get this fixed as it is a health and safety issue.
Restaurant was nice - good was lovely and the staff really personable and lovely too.
Breakfast was good - good selection and hotel breakfast could be ordered.
Staff were really nice in the hotel and really went out the way to help you - particularly matt in the restaurant.
The hotel has so much potential but def needs a refurb.
After 3 nights I had had enough and couldn't wait to get home. I would def choose this hotel again - for a night or 2 but longer than that I would need more facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Imperial Crown Hotel is conveniently located in the centre of Halifax. Situated opposite Halifax Railway Station and The Eureka Children's Museum. The Victoria Theatre, Square Chapel, Piece Hall; plus other local attractions are all in close proximity. Making us a great choice for both Business and Leisure stays. The hotel offers a range of 41 bedrooms spread over 5 floors. All rooms are en suite with tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer, television with free view channels, direct dial telephone, FREE Wi-Fi, FREE parking and a 24-hour reception and bar service. The Imperial Crown Bar & Restaurant offers Breakfast plus a wide range of meals, snacks and refreshments all available throughout the day, to both residents and non-residents. Our menu incorporates some truly mouth-watering British classics, all fresh and cooked to order. The iconic Archives Suite provides an excellent choice for Weddings, Private Functions and Conferences. Directions: Join the M62, and exit at J24. Take the A629 to Halifax, and follow the signs for Eureka Children's Museum and the railway station. The hotel is opposite the railway station. Our car park is located on the opposite side of the road, a permit will need to be displayed in your vehicle; which can be collected from our reception. Leeds Bradford International Airport is about 38 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Imperial Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Crown Corus Halifax
- The Imperial Crown Hotel Halifax, West Yorkshire