Stayed for 1 night on a business trip. Very convenient location as literally 1 minute walk from the train station & 5 mins walk to office area of Halifax. Check-in experience spoilt by key(s) issued to original room not working twice (no lift so had to carry suitcase up/down several flights of stairs twice). Success at 3rd attempt when key to new room (109) worked first time, though by this stage receptionist was so embarrassed by the situation she personally escorted me to the room, offered to help with luggage and made sure key no 3 worked.
Room was a bit small for a double and furnishings/decor rather dated. Frosted glass on window, so no view. Very noisy fan in bathroom. Only 1 bath towel & 1 hand towel in the bathroom, but this was more than sufficient as there was no hot water when I wanted a shower in the morning. Disappointing response when I reported this to reception, ...we'll get someone to look at it, when what I really needed was access to a shower with hot water.
Had a room service evening meal in my room. Though choice was limited, food was excellent and restaurant staff were flexible enough to let me add a dessert from the restaurant menu. Breakfast in the restaurant in the morning was fine, all hot food was cooked to order, so need to factor this in if you are planning on a quick breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Imperial Crown Hotel is conveniently located in the centre of Halifax. Situated opposite Halifax Railway Station and The Eureka Children's Museum. The Victoria Theatre, Square Chapel, Piece Hall; plus other local attractions are all in close proximity. Making us a great choice for both Business and Leisure stays. The hotel offers a range of 41 bedrooms spread over 5 floors. All rooms are en suite with tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer, television with free view channels, direct dial telephone, FREE Wi-Fi, FREE parking and a 24-hour reception and bar service. The Imperial Crown Bar & Restaurant offers Breakfast plus a wide range of meals, snacks and refreshments all available throughout the day, to both residents and non-residents. Our menu incorporates some truly mouth-watering British classics, all fresh and cooked to order. The iconic Archives Suite provides an excellent choice for Weddings, Private Functions and Conferences. Directions: Join the M62, and exit at J24. Take the A629 to Halifax, and follow the signs for Eureka Children's Museum and the railway station. The hotel is opposite the railway station. Our car park is located on the opposite side of the road, a permit will need to be displayed in your vehicle; which can be collected from our reception. Leeds Bradford International Airport is about 38 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Imperial Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Crown Corus Halifax
- The Imperial Crown Hotel Halifax, West Yorkshire