We stayed at the Imperial Crown Hotel this weekend with a coach party, and must say after reading the reviews we were a bit worried. We found the hotel very comfortable. OK the room we had number 213 was not very large, but big enough, nice comfortable clean double bed, nice clean bathroom, and probably would rate the room 3 star. The stair carpet was repaired in several places and the stairs goes off in several directions tothe various bedrooms. There is no lift so this would be a problem if you are disabled. The staff were very nice, the food was good, apart from no fried eggs for breakfast, just scrambled, which I found a bit dry. Excellent bacon and sausages. The reception area which acts as the lounge as well is small but has a lot of character. Nice bar area, but again small. The hotel l is just a short walk from the town centre. If you want to book a night on New Year's eve I would suggest, like any other hotel or restaurant BOOK IN ADVANCE.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Imperial Crown Hotel is conveniently located in the centre of Halifax. Situated opposite Halifax Railway Station and The Eureka Children's Museum. The Victoria Theatre, Square Chapel, Piece Hall; plus other local attractions are all in close proximity. Making us a great choice for both Business and Leisure stays. The hotel offers a range of 41 bedrooms spread over 5 floors. All rooms are en suite with tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer, television with free view channels, direct dial telephone, FREE Wi-Fi, FREE parking and a 24-hour reception and bar service. The Imperial Crown Bar & Restaurant offers Breakfast plus a wide range of meals, snacks and refreshments all available throughout the day, to both residents and non-residents. Our menu incorporates some truly mouth-watering British classics, all fresh and cooked to order. The iconic Archives Suite provides an excellent choice for Weddings, Private Functions and Conferences. Directions: Join the M62, and exit at J24. Take the A629 to Halifax, and follow the signs for Eureka Children's Museum and the railway station. The hotel is opposite the railway station. Our car park is located on the opposite side of the road, a permit will need to be displayed in your vehicle; which can be collected from our reception. Leeds Bradford International Airport is about 38 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Imperial Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Crown Corus Halifax
- The Imperial Crown Hotel Halifax, West Yorkshire