“Real let down”

Eureka! The National Children's Museum
Ranked #3 of 37 things to do in Halifax
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We're an award-winning children's museum in Halifax, West Yorkshire, with more than 400 interactive exhibits which inspire children aged 0-11 to learn about themselves and the world around them through imagination, discovery and, most importantly, play!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Lancaster, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Real let down”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I remember going to Eureka as a child, I am now 28 and it was fantastic! We visted over the weekend and much of the same stuff is there from when I was a child, the car garage the mini M and S and the bank. Eureka really needs investment, the mini M and S was so tired and really needs a revamp. The about me section was really interesting and it would have been fantastic had the whole of Eureka been up to this standerd. There were other areas upstais that were even more tired than downstairs and it was such a shame. Eureka has the potential to be fantastic again with some investment. The price was astonomical due to the museum's condition, we did use some Tesco club card vouchers, but I didnt feel that the £36 entrance fee was worth it to be honest. Please Eureka invest some money, this place could be amazing again.

1 Thank Steph W

• Polish first
Reigate, United Kingdom
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Love this place”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Been wanting to go here since it was built and I was in my late teens. Now 20 years on and with 2 children I have the perfect excuse and it has been well worth the wait. My boys love it. Hands on fun experience with plenty to see and do.

Visited September 2013
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Great day out, take a packed lunch.”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We live in Halifax and find the annual pass a great money saver. Upstairs is great and the children love the new activities. Downstairs is getting a little tired and could do with some of the items changing to keep our interest.
The different themes are great and we always find the staff friendly and helpful.
We take sandwiches and eat on the non working train that has been placed to the left of eureka , especially to eat your packed lunch on . That's a great idea.

Derbyshire, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Fun day out!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit with our annual passes. We have a 3 year old and there's plenty to keep him occupied.

Very accessible if you have a pram. Lots of benches to rest tired little legs.

Fab cafe, not on the cheap side but lovely food. I would avoid 12-1pm as the queue is quite big.

The outdoor area is good, lots to do. Lots of picnic tables too.

Anyone with a young family looking for a fun and educational day out I would defiantly recommend.

Halifax, United Kingdom
“good for kids of all ages”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

took the grankids last week, it was interesting and a great day out for all kids of all ages, I played on several machines.
the whole experience gave my family a wonderful day.