“Our first visit - definitely not out last.”
Review of MASTERS RUCHEE - CLOSED

MASTERS RUCHEE
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: well recommended on local sites. 01422339988 HX1 1JB
Reviewed 18 October 2012

My wife and I were in Halifax, West Yorkshire on business, staying at the Travelodge, and checked out Trip Advisor to see what it had to say about Indian Restaurants. Masters Ruchee came up as highly recommended, and in the centre of town only 10 minutes walk, so we headed there. The place seemed very quiet at 7.00 pm, but it was a wet Tuesday night, so not surprising. The ambiance was good, the greeting warm, and we had seats by the window. The proprietor Rashid came over and we soon got into conversation. In fact he is Bangladeshi, not Indian, and a charming and friendly man. When the food came he discreetly left us in peace, although he was obviously paying attention as he was quick to produce a glass of water when I coughed! The food was excellent - good quality ingredients, freshly cooked, rich but not heavy, full of flavour, with beautiful rice. (Keema rice can be recommended!) Generous sambals and popadoms, hot towels, chocolate and mints all provided free of charge. Good Qawwali music ( Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan ) on the sound system. Neither quick nor slow service. Price was very reasonable - (£15.00 per head including starters and a beer each) - less than I would expect for that quality. We would certainly go back, not only for the food but to renew our acquaintance with the charming Rashid, and find out how his family are doing. (As God loves the arrow that is straight, so he loves the bow that is steady!) Recommended, thank you

4  Thank WillyRuby

Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

I've chosen Masters Ruchee as my "place to go" when looking for a curry or Bangladeshi food in Halifax. Aside from the service from all the waiting staff which is consistently attentive and professional, the quality of the food is great. I've eaten here a number of times, first going with my wife, but since returning on numerous occasions with family, friends and colleagues from work. My favourite dish is the Dhamandhi Thali which costs around £11. Whilst initially sounding expensive for a single dish it is easy to see why. There is no need for a starter as the dish comes with a selection of bhajis, lamb chops, chicken tika, masala fish and two chicken quarters, one of which is usually tika style. There is rice, curry sauce and a whole naan. I don't count side salads as real food, but they're also pretty good from here, opting for lettuce as opposed to other places that give you raw cabbage. I'm always pleased after a visit here and would recommend it to family and friends alike! 5/5!

1  Thank SavileParkFoodie
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I've tried most of the indians in halifax and this is head and shoulders above the rest if you want quality food and atmosphere rather than a drunken vindaloo.

The price is much the same as your average greasy takeaway so it's a no-brainer for me. Service is excellent too.

1  Thank ChrisB1898
Reviewed 22 August 2012

the food was absoloutly unbelievable. they managed to impress me and it is very hard to impress me with food. a definantly worth of 5/5 star

2  Thank Johnathan a
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Great food and service. Would definitely recommend it to the people in Halifax and local areas

3  Thank Lady311