“Absolute rubbish” 1 of 5 bubbles

The Shoulder of Mutton
Ranked #217 of 291 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
Description: Beautifully situated in Shelf, the Shoulder of Mutton is an iconic pub serving great food, with a sunny beer garden and a warm & comfortable interior. The team strive to create and environment that everyone can enjoy and their aim is to keep up to date with current trends with food and drink. All food is prepared freshly on the premises, using only the very freshest, locally sourced ingredients. A warm welcome awaits you from Luke , Stacey and team at the Shoulder of Mutton.
leeds
“Absolute rubbish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

We normally go to other pubs around the area but heard good reviews about this so thought we'd give it a go.

Had to wait 40mins for food which I don't mind if its home cooked and worth the wait. I ordered the sizzling platter (I.e. chicken fajitas) and my partner ordered fish and chips

My chicken fajitas were served with sour cream which tasted like double cream so I mentioned this to the waitress of which she seemed to snigger at along with other complaints she'd received from tables around us. I was asked what other sauce I wanted so opted for mayo!!! Could have done this at home. The chicken which was served with tomato quarters peppers and onions was mainly liquid and it dribbled out of the wraps of which I had 2 and were served on their own even chiquitos give you 4 or 5

Secondly my partners haddock came and looked burnt however the fish was slightly under cooked - indicates that the oil in the fryer hasn't been changed for a while! The plate was swimming in oil and had about 10 chips on his plate!

Would we revist? Never!!! Not with better competition within minutes if this pub with same prices and a lot better quality

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank lauralou42

“Very disppointed with the servce that I received.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I booked my sons first birthday party with you, I booked a month before and then I phoned twice the week before to make what food you were going to serve the kids. I was told that they was going to be sandwiches, biscuit, sausage roll, and hot food chips pizza and chicken nuggets and jelly and ice cream. On the 7th sept the day of the party, I couldn't get in to put the decoration up which was put in the diary that I was come in early to do so, then I paid £100 for 2 plates of sandwiches that children couldn't eat because they was in crusty rolls, a plate of biscuit an sausage roll and 2 bowls of crisps and jelly & ice cream. I didn't received any hot food that I was told, staff was really rude. I got £40 back but I still don't think that was good enough. The food that was served wasn't anything like what you would have at a one year old party. Thanks to you and your staff you ruined my son first birthday party. If anyone asks me about your places iam going to tell them the truth how much you have disappointed me and my family and friend. Bad rate 0/10

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank jollykelly
“Food terrible and no management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I went with my family for the Sunday carvery,food didn't look edible it looked like it had been sat there all day. We opted to take a choice from the standard menu which was tasteless and poorly presented with veg from the carvery which had been sat in water and had no flavour. When the waitress asked if everything was ok and i explained I wasn't happy with the meal she just said ok and walked off. I defiantly wouldn't recommend this to any body and I won't be giving it another go.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Smurffette77
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Absolutely appalled at the food under cooked steak & ale pie it was more like a liquid lunch, fries were raw, mash was more like smash it was horrible experience after waiting over 45 mins for the food to come, also the service off the pub landlord was disgusting explained about to him about the food ect he wasnt bothered no apologies no nothing, would not recommend this pub in any way.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Jamie M
Bradford
“Great Value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

The Monday - Friday BOGOF offer is excellent value for money. The food is not your basic mass produced fare instead it's solid home cooked food with good sized portions. The home made pizzas are also excellent value

• Visited March 2013