The Shoulder of Mutton
Ranked #218 of 317 Restaurants in Halifax
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Beautifully situated in Shelf, the Shoulder of Mutton is an iconic pub serving great food, with a sunny beer garden and a warm & comfortable interior. The team strive to create and environment that everyone can enjoy and their aim is to keep up to date with current trends with food and drink. All food is prepared freshly on the premises, using only the very freshest, locally sourced ingredients. A warm welcome awaits you from Luke , Stacey and team at the Shoulder of Mutton.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I used to come to this place a lot a few years ago and it was great from the staff to the food to the atmosphere but now it has new owners I was shocked when I returned. The staff were rude and the food took 55 mins to come out and then the order was wrong and the waitress didn't seem to care when she asked if everything was ok she just took the plates and was never to be seem again

1  Thank Eddie G

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Went to the shoulder for the second time while visiting family up north. What can I say but "belting". Fantastic food and fantastic atmosphere. Will be back again !!!!

1  Thank Beanyboo
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I booked at the shoulder last minuet for valentines day. The lady on the phone was very helpful and kindly slotted us in even though they where busy.
The food was lovely, I had the set 3course valentines meal -��15 and my partner had fish and chips and a pud. Compliments to the chef! Big portions, well presented and perfectly cooked. We felt it was great value for money!
We even stayed for some of the d.j. Music.
- defiantly improved 100% since the new owners took over.

2  Thank Bibee1
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This venue was used for a reception after a christening, we were very impressed! Lots of local real ales on tap to choose from and the food was excellent! Brilliant choice of hot food and even soup and a roll! Would definitely recommend!

1  Thank CarolineCats
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We have visited 'The Shoulder' now on a number of occasions whilst in the area and can highly recommend the food and friendly atmosphere. The tables are always busy with locals and their families and every meal has been well cooked and presented. There is something for everyone on the menu including wonderful freshly made pizzas. The Sunday carvery is as good as any other we have tried - huge portions of beef and turkey with Yorkshire puds and a choice of 5 vegetables and potatoes, The last time we visited I tried a sirloin steak, and this was very tender cooked perfectly to my liking. We had to wait a while for our meal to arrive as there was a large party of locals in that evening - but the wait was well worth it. They said they are just waiting delivery of an Italian coffee machine so will look forward to trying this next time we visit. We'll be back!

1  Thank Axeloskar