The Old Post Office
US$85
US$56
US$54
The Imperial Crown Hotel(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$56
PremierInn.com
All reviewspeasshared bathroompiesfunction roomsainsburysbarmaidbasinvenue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I took a torch and was very pleased with the room, for the price I paid it was excellent. I had ensuite and the kitchen was good too. The bulb in the lamp didn't work but it was replaced when I mentioned it. It has recently been decorated and was clean and comfortable. Very good location and I enjoyed a peaceful night sleep. Some of the corridors are lit but some have timed switches and there are steps but this is normal in old buildings.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank sabHull_UK
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Best comment I can muster - Clean
Access to the rooms was via a very dark narrow corridor through a side entrance, with an incredibly tight staircase to negotiate with bags.
Paid upfront or would have turned round and left.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2013

On arrival there was no one here to greet or help.
Bedroom simple and clean. And nicely decorated. TV fine. but cheap duvet and mattress. Cramped shower, not always hot water available. No bin in the room.
Had to shower with a hand towel for first couple of days as there wasn't any staff around to ask for a proper towel.
No bin in the room.
Rooms are not serviced.
not luxury as it says on the front of the building. Or a bed and breakfast. I was here for a work trip so didn't bother to move but I would not recommend for holiday makers. It is overpriced for what it's offering. If you want just a room with none of the niceties, then it's fine.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SLRjess81
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I arrived at 22.45, having previously informed staff of my late arrival but had difficultly attracting attention and gaining entry. Room was unheated with radiator switched off and the timer not allowing the heating to come on at that time. It was a cold and very wet night and I wanted clothes to dry. No bedside light either. As another reviewer has said stairs to and from the outside were very narrow and unlit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed here on Saturday 23rd November in a single room I booked on expedia for £25.

You enter the b&b area through a car park, it's not well lit and I felt quite unsafe when alone there.

The room was on the second floor, it was very small and because of the slanted ceiling you could only stand up in the first couple of feet.

It had a single bed, which I thought was really comfortable and a sky light with an easy to use blind which fully blocked all light out.

There was a small tv and a sink.

There was a toilet opposite the room on the corridor.

There was a wall light as the only light supply (a lamp was provided but it had no bulb in it), the wall light had an energy saving light bulb which had to warm up before it worked properly, so it was very, very dark in the room when I arrived.

There seems to be quite a few rooms and I presume there are permanent lodgers there as there is a kitchen on the same floor for guests to use and it made the entire place smell of oriental food.

There was loud music playing until at least 3am (when I finally managed to sleep), I'm not sure if this was coming from the pub attached.

The place was very clean.

Overall this was a very inexpensive room, it was clean and provided a bed which was all that I wanted.

I would stay again, but I would take a spare light bulb and ear plugs.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo