“Lovely thai food, great service.”
Review of Thaistyle

Thaistyle
Ranked #23 of 309 Restaurants in Halifax
Price range: US$14 - US$27
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a family run business, with experienced and passion in Thai food. We pride ourself in making the best traditional Thai food with excellent value as well as offering a friendly service experience. Our bar served various of drinks, from fine wine and chilled Thai beers to liquor and whisky. The chef knows what Thai food should like, therefore any dish on the menu can be ordered with confidence and can always be changed to suit your specific liking. Of course they are certain dish that only Thai style does best, some of these are Tom Yam, Yam Nuea and Pla Samun Pri. Our staffs devour Thai food daily so they know the in's and outs's of every dish, never be afraid to ask! The best is just an order away!
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Been twice with my wife and will come again very soon, been twice service and food brilliant.

I had prawn tempura for my starter, chicken tom ka soup for my second course which is sooooo refreshing from little spice, lemons and coconut milk! Just tooo perfect! and for main I had chef special(cannot remember the name but number is S1 on the menu) and shared boil rice and noodles with my wife but! I have to take some home because I was too full. The taste is spot on, on the chef special. so traditional, hard to describe but it one of the taste that make me feel like I was in Thailand again.

I went back again in a same week and order same main but only had spareribs for starter, no soup because it was too much for me.

My wife had thai prawn salad for her starter and fish curry and we shared with noodle and boil rice. The curry is thick and tasty. And she had thai special salad for her starter and thai stir fried with basil leaves with sharing boil rice for 2 on second visit. WOW little spicy, tasty.

Can't wait to go back again!.

*Please note: Don't order something basic, then complain it's average. Go for something exciting and proper THAI. GO ON, TREAT YOUR SELF!

There are newer reviews for Thaistyle

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Having been to the resteraunt before and had good meals we thought it worth trying the buffet which is the last Sunday of every month. It was awful. The choice of food was limited the buffet not replenished for long periods and when additional food was brought out it was normally just dry meat added to sauce that had been left on the self service heated section. This was not good value or good food and I am suprised that the owners put their reputation on the line in this way. On the strength of this meal I would not return here. I stress this was for the buffet meal.

1  Thank djt1712
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Me and my husband ate here last week. We got a prawn and a beef satay starter. It was so tasty. I had the beef and it was so tasty even without the peanut sauce! We then had duck in plum sauce and Thai curry with battered fish. Both main courses were gorgeous. I could've eaten it over and over again. The restaurant was quiet and the service was lovely. The waitress was really friendly. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

The set meal may not be quite authentic but my other half ordered from that & it was pretty ok, a good deal too. I ordered à la carte needing a specific Asian fix (larb) after having lived in Asia for many years. I've been to Thailand & have Thai friends & I have to say I was impressed with the yummy freshness & authenticity. Plus the staff are lovely. Yeah the decor may not be to everyone's taste but it's fine. I'd happily return again & again.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Let's not kid ourselves reviewers. If Thaistyle was in Leeds, Manchester or little Hebden Bridge it would be getting panned. Since it's in Halifax, it does ok. The starters were beige & average, the main course was very tasty. The waiter was friendly if surprisingly unobservant about the opportunities to sell drinks. The decor is old fashioned, though the stuffed leopard in a tree is worth a look. There is no ambience to speak of. But if you're hungry & you haven't thought ahead to book anywhere , you'll get fed at a reasonable price.