“Classic British "rock" pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Upper George Hotel

Upper George Hotel
Ranked #96 of 293 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Pub, British
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating
Orange Park, Florida
“Classic British "rock" pub”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Awesome atmosphere, great live bands, and great people. I've had many a fun night here.
Highly recommend a visit whether local or just visiting Halifax.
Keep up the awesome work guys. Can't wait to come see you all the next time I'm in town.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Garry V

Yorkshire, England
“Real Ale, Friendly Atmosphere and Live Bands”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I found this pub on the intranet as we wanted a Saturday night out in Halifax with some live music.
The minute my partner and I walked in the door we knew we had made a good decision. Its a traditional friendly town centre pub and David, mine host made us feel extremely welcome. Good range of real ales, a pool table and a TV area for during the day. The evenings entertainment a young rock band called Guitar Superheroes who were absolutely awesome and we had a fabulous night and left with that happy feeling that comes when you have truly let your hair down and enjoy yourself. I just remembered if you are a CAMRA member you get 10% of drinks as well.
Thanks a lot we will definately be making a bee line for this place next time we are in the area.
Chris and Jan

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank SnorkelAddict
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best pub in Halifax, bar non!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Brilliant beer, company and the live music was fantastic. A real hidden gem. The staff were on the ball, and very friendly, really good to see a live music venue in full swing, great prices too

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank MTavernDurham
Bradford, United Kingdom
“How a town pub should be”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I had just left a one of the new pubs/restaurants near to the Vue cinema in Halifax and I was feeling a bit down as I was not impressed with the new pub at all. Howere a member of my group said lets go to the "Upper George" pub. I had never been to this pub before.

As soon as you walk into this small traditional bar it just feels right. When you look at the crowd of people, which included ruger/football lads, girls in xmas groups, Middle age leather rockers to see the group. business men and women, gay camp lads and anyone else you can imagine, you understand that this pub knows how to cater for all tastes, types and is very succesful at it. There is a small stage area where local groups oplay, there is a pool table and dart board. The range of drinks available should satisfy most people.

If you want a true centre town pub with out any modern flash trash then this place is a must. The staff and atmosphere are just 100% above average. Great place.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ralph R
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Town pub”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I use the upper George Hotel about three times a week.
Proper town pub.
Proper Beer at proper prices.

• Visited September 2012