“Only one night”

Carlton Hotel Halifax
Ranked #12 of 15 Halifax B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Stayed here for one night (Saturday) . Knew there was no parking so googled area, car park 2 streets up. car park is free on a Saturday and Sunday. The room was a good size and clean, that's all we needed for one nights stay. Breakfast optional extra £5.00 each, but we knew where Macy D's was. The walls are a bit thin but after a night out you don't really notice. Hotel is next to Indian restaurant which seems very popular. We got back at about 2.00am and it was busy and a bit noisy as our room was at front of hotel. Would stay again as price was good and location, but we only stay for one night. Taxi cab firm just up from hotel with great rates (compared to what we pay at home) they don't charge time and half after midnight !!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fitzs
There are newer reviews for Carlton Hotel Halifax

Reviewed 13 August 2012

i was looking for a "cheap" hotel for one night before transferring back to Heathrow the following morning. I was a bit worried about it being "cheap" and not really well known, however it really was fine for the purpose at hand. I would possibly suggest a double room as opposed to the single which was really small. The room was spacious, with all amentities, very clean and honestly no problems, everything worked in my room ! No appaerent parking and next to a curry house, when they close it becomes a nice quiet road. Not overly friendly, but fine, I would stay again for a limited period.

Room Tip: 103 was a very good size for a double.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank SazRsa
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I paid 110.00 for family room for two nights only to be told......breakfast is limited and will cost five pounds each well if its limited why would I pay five pounds each. No parking, outside the hotel is minimum stay for 2hrs so have to keep moving the car, had to pay £1.00 extra for a debit card ????? if I want to keep hold of my room key when I go out I have to give them £20.00, so cant leave anything in my room. Reception we thought there was a power cut no lighting up the stairs, the receptionist struggled to speak english. The room itself well, we had what looked like faeces over the bed on the wall, got sparks off the plugs when trying to use them, the toilet fell to bits when I sat on it, I am not a big girl, the shower was a mixer tap so if anybody uses the toilet etc you are scolded. The girls had me putting the ironing board up against the door as they didnt feel safe DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL, the prices are all the same in and around Halifax and you can get a lovely hotel for the price you would pay here, unfortunatly the other hotels where booked when I came left it too late. AVOID, the other review regarding your grandads house is correct, decor is well dreadful, plug in air fresheners are a bit of a give away. Will never be back I just couldnt stop laughing that is how bad it is !!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mccraeclan
Reviewed 30 April 2012

You get what you pay for and this is a very reasonably price hotel at just £25 per single room. I am a self employed business person so I only need the rooms to be value for money and to have wifi.

The WIFI kinda works... when it wants to and you can't argue about the pricing they got it perfect.

The rooms are a bit like staying in your grandad's house. Deep pink shag pile carpets, a mis match of old and battered furniture. But to be honest I have stayed a lot worse - I would come back if I had to but I wouldn't rush.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This is a good, value for money no frills hotel in the centre of Halifax. Very clean and comfortable and only a short walk from the railway station. There is an excellent Indian resturant next door, I did try to use the one fhat is part of the hotel but became fed up waiting for a table!

Room Tip: Room 106 has no TV, it did not bother me but some people may want it.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo