Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
The New Hobbit(Sowerby Bridge)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbeefeater restauranttown centrecar parktgi fridaysvue cinemamulti storeyattached beefeaterbeefeater next doorbroad street plazapercy shawall you can eatpay and displaypizza expressexcellent hotelfamily roomgood nights sleepexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Loaction, price & cleanliness, maintanance was excellent in this brand new hotel. The car parking charges I thought were a bit excessive for an overnight in Halifax & even with the supposed hotel discounts ( which were not that well expalined at pay point). Ended up parking on the street for £1 instead of the £5 car park.
Had a room opposite the large roundabout which had traffic right through the night. Unfortunately the local authority decided to do some road marking work @ 2:30 in the morning so sleep was a no no. There is definitely something wrong with the sound insulation in this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shaneth
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Thankyou for posting your review. I am delighted to hear that you are happy with the standards we deliver. I do appreciate your comments regarding the car park and hope this will not deter you from visiting us again. As you may be aware, it is an independant business in operation for all guests visiting Broad Street Plaza and not part of Premier Inn, however we are working with them to install clearer signage to assist our guests in its use.
I am currently looking into the disturbance you experienced due to the external noise and would like to remind you that Premier Inn do offer a Good Night Guarentee. If you would like to discuss this further please contact me on 01422 386530.
with regards
Andrea H

Reviewed 1 November 2012 via mobile

Based in a brand new entertainment development, this Premier Inn is very handy for the station and the town centre.

I didnt think the double glazing in my 4th floor room was amazing- I could hear the talking from the square below and traffic noise from the adjacent a-road. But I am very noise sensitive and in fact had no problem sleeping in the end. The bed was hugely comfy and there was no apparent noise internally from other hotel guests.

Food is provided by a brand new Beefeater attached to the hotel- as you would expect & fine for one night. There are plenty of other food chains options right on the doorstep- TGI, pizza express, Harvester, Nandos, Frankie & Benny's. Plus a view cinema if you want to catch a movie.

Staff were young, enthusiastic and eager to please.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank icklevic
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2012

Dear Icklevic,
Thankyou for posting a review on your recent stay with us. I am glad you found the rooms to be comfortable and I will pass on your kind comments to the team. I am sorry that you experienced some issues with external noise but am happy this did not detract too much from your nights sleep. There is lots to do in the new Plaza and we do hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
with kind regards
Andrea H
Premier inn Manager

Reviewed 26 October 2012

Stayed at the new Premier Inn Halifax in the Broad Street Plaza for 3 nights 23 - 26th October. It had only opened a few days prior to our stay. The staff were brilliant, friendly, helpful and polite. The hotel was lovely. The location couldn't have been better right in the centre of town, Beefeater next door, very good breakfast! Also other restaurants in the Plaza, Nandos, TGI's etc. The only downside was the car park, although very close to hotel it was owned by the council and we had to pay five pound per day - but as we had only paid nineteen pounds per night it was still excellent value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judy B
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back at Halifax Town Centre Premier Inn again soon. Kind regards, Andrea Heron

Reviewed 25 October 2012

I stayed here on 24 October 2012 which was only a couple of days after the hotel opened. I travel quite a bit and Premier Inn are my normal choice of hotel. As you would expect with a new hotel everything was clean and tidy but the staff were excellent in all areas - this was the first time that anybody at a Premier Inn had offered tohelp me take my luggage to the room. The Beefeater restaurant/bar next door is nice but there are no draught beers available at the moment. Breakfast was good as you expect with Premier Inn - It is the staff that made all the difference........

Room Tip: As the hotel is close to a cinema that is opening soon I would select a room on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RobSFC

Thankyou for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Halifax town Centre Premier Inn and that you were happy with the service you recieved at he hotel. I hope that you will visit us again soon. Kind regards, Andrea Heron

Reviewed 22 October 2012

We booked to stay for 2 nights the weekend it opened. Hotel looked very clean and tidy, lots of staff members to assist with queries, very polite, went out their way to ask if everything ok. As it was the opening day, the Beefeater wasnt open on the Friday night but it was open on the Sat morning for breakfast. I dont know why it wasnt open on the Sunday morning but reception had provided hot drinks and orange juice in the reception area. There are plenty of options for breakfast around the Broad Street Plaza. We visited the Harvester on the Friday night which is ok and then went to TGI Fridays for a drink, atmosphere very lively in there.
We stayed in a family room as we have 2 kids, the room size adequate and we have stayed ina premier before and knew what to expect. Had to request some extra towels as we only had one set but this was sorted immediately. I would recommend staying here, we didnt hear any outside noise even though we were opposite all the restaurants, I think they close at a reasonable hour too. The VUE cinema is due to open soon so I expect it will get very busy in this area. Our only complaint is the multii storey car parking, make sure you have change for this, it will cost you £5 for 24 hours, this is discounted from the £9. The machine didnt like credit cards and lots of hassle if you dont have coins.
We would stay in this premier again as we have family in the area

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank michwirral

Thankyou for posting your review regarding your recent stay. The team are delighted to hear your kind comments and that you would consider staying with us again. We look forward to welcoming you in the near future. kind regards. Andrea