“Nice hotel but some quirks”

Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I stayed for three nights on business. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the hotel is well placed for the city centre and shops. It does suffer from the Premier Inn's quirky Wifi setup and, when inevitably I had problems with that, the fact that the room didn't have a phone meant I had to keep going down four floors to reception to report the issue, back four floors to test it and back down four floors when it still didn't work. This went on for two and a half hours so I'm pleased the lifts worked!

The bath had one of the grips completely detached which made getting in and out tricky too.

Overall though a reasonably priced hotel which did the job I needed.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Thankyou for taking the time to post your comments. I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with an aspect of your stay at Halifax Town Centre. I am always grateful for all feedback from our guests and am currently putting measures in place to deal with the issue raised and to improve our guest stay. My team and I look forward to being able to welcome you back when you are next visiting the area. Kind regards.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre

Reviewed 5 February 2013

We stayed here on 2 February as we had planned to have a night out in Halifax. we paid £29 for a double room. When we arrived we parked in the Plaza car park which was £5 for 24 hours and couldnt be closer to the hotel.

The hotel reception area is very nice as are the corridoors and rooms, They are as you would expect with a new hotel, clean, tidy and bright. The beds were extremely comfy and the staff were very helpful and polite.

We finally sampled the Premier Inn breakfasts, we have wanted to do this for a while but was a bit but off by the £8.25 cost, however if you have a appetite they are fantastic value, as much as you can eat and drink and good tasting food too with a massive collection of things to try.

This is definately the best Premier Inn we have stayed in and if we have another night out in Halifax will certainly be back here.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Wow, Thank you so much for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Halifax. I look forward to welcoming you back at Halifax Town Centre Premier Inn again soon. (Don't forget to bring your appetite for breakfast )
Kind regards, Andrea Heron

Reviewed 5 February 2013

I spent two nights at this new Premier Inn in Halifax town centre. I have stayed at several hotels in Halifax in the past, ranging in quality and price! This place is excellent, close to pubs, restaurants in the town, plus it is in a complex with plenty of eating places for those who don't want to wander. The place was clean, the room was quiet, I heard no traffic noise and had to rely on my phone to wake up, and the staff were attentive and friendly, breakfast was cooked to order and good. My room was overlooking the complex, so away from the main road.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the complex so therefore away from the main road - don't know if that is the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Thankyou for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Halifax town Centre Premier Inn and that you were happy with the service you recieved at he hotel. I hope that you will visit us again soon. Kind regards, Andrea Heron

Reviewed 3 February 2013

Situated in the centre of town, great value hotel with very friendly staff. The double glazing ensures that you do not hear the noise from the road. Breakfast was very good, fresh and served very quickly. Stuart was the star of the hotel staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Thankyou for reviewing your stay. It is wonderful when our guests take the time to comment, especially when a team member has helped to make it memorable. Stuart couldn't be more pleased. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
many thanks
Andrea H

Reviewed 30 January 2013

Conveniently located in the new plaza in Halifax and close to a good selection of restaurants and a cinema. The hotel offers a friendly service, quiet nights sleep and an excellent breakfast served in the next door Beefeater restaurant.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank fayeb000

Many thanks for your kind words regarding your stay in Halifax. We always strive to give our guests a warm and friendly welcome and look forward to seeing you here again very soon.
with regards
Andrea H.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Normally, when I visit Halifax, I stay at Travel Lodge in Dean Clough - and am very pleased with the whole set up there (and have recommended it); but the fact that this new hotel is right by the bus station is useful to me, so I thought I'd test it out.
I booked online and got my room at £19 - very good.
I am pleased that I can book in at 2pm - as this generally coincides with my arrival time in Halifax.
On arrival in Halifax, I walked from the station to where the hotel was supposed to be, but had trouble guessing where it was and how to get to it, lugging luggage and sliding about on icy pavements trying to find the access was a nuisance, I eventually found a very insignificant looking entrance on the plaza.
The staff were very polite and helpful and chatty and determined to push the 'guaranteed good nights sleep' - and promised that I wouldn't go back to T.Lodge after staying at Premier Inn.
I was given a room on the third floor with a large corner window that looked out over the plaza and part of the surrounding hills, it had a door onto a small balcony. The door was locked with a notice on it saying that this was Premier Inn policy and - basically - 'tough', you've got air conditioning what more do you want? ...... Well, actually I would have liked to be able to open the window/door for some fresh air (and to gauge the outside temperature - the weather was varying between freezing and 7 degrees, so I would have liked to have been able to judge what to wear out - and it was a long trip down to the exit to find out!). Also I felt a bit uneasy being 'locked' in a room - emergency information said about locating the fire exits, but as a fire could have been the other side of my bedroom door I would have liked an alternative escape route.
There was a notice telling me I could adjust the temperature in my room via the thermostat - but it would only go down to 19 degrees, so I had to switch it off completely to cool the room down - this presumably also turned off the air conditioning.
The room and furniture all looked new (as would be expected in a three month old hotel), but the towels were rather hard and were more akin to what you'd end up with in a more established hotel - so don't know why that was.
I was surprised to find a limited amount of tea/coffee/sugar/milk on offer in the room 2 white sugar (the small paper packs which equate to half a teaspoonful each), 2 demerara and 2 sweeteners, given that I like a full teaspoonful in my tea then I was stuck after the first 'brew', also there was no decaff coffee included - now I admit that all this could be (and was) rectified by a trip down to reception - it is still the hassle of taking a trip all the way down there to get it - why not put a more generous amount in the room to start with (and include decaff as so many people take it these days) and ensure that your guests are happy!
As far as sleep went - the bed was large and the linen a decent quality - note that you will probably have to tug the duvet from under the bottom end of the bed as they tuck it under the mattress for some reason - but the mattress was very hard and I did not have a good nights sleep - I had trouble getting any sleep at all, the noise from the plaza didn't help, but even after that had stopped I still could get comfy. (No one seemed interested the next morning when I said I hadn't slept well).
Breakfast isn't included in the cost, you can get it from the Beefeater next door for about £8 (which is excessive for a breakfast), I just bought milk and cereal and ate it in my room.

One of my regular visits to Halifax is to attend an event in Sowerby Bridge (about 3 miles away), I will stay at the Premier Inn on these occasions as the easy access to the bus station is a boon for this reason, but for other visits (and for other nights - as I sometimes extend my stay in Halifax when I come up for the Sowerby B visit) I will continue to stay at Travel Lodge - UNLESS there is a sudden improvement on all things mentioned above at Premier Inn!!!
So - sorry Premier Inn - you aint very Premier in my opinion!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 2011Planxty
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre. The team appreciates all the feedback you have given us as we always strive to meet the best standards that our guests expect. We hope you will join us for another stay in the future. Should you have any concerns regarding a future visit please feel free to let us know. Kind regards, Andrea H.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Stayed 1 night in the midst of the heavy snow and was delighted by the friendly welcome. Smooth check in with some great recomendatiins for dinner, including giving me a discount voucher for the in house restaurant. Very clean room with everything you need for an overnight stay. 30 mins free wifi included in the room rate. Ate both dinner and breakfast in the Beeefeater on the ground floor of the hotel, good freshly prepared food and againsuper helpful staff. Will definately book to stay here again.

Room Tip: Bath is quite deep and access may be difficult for the less mobile, may be worth checking if a disa...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Thankyou for posting your response. The team are delighted with the lovely comments, in both the hotel and restaurant. Please note that should you require easier access in the bathroom we also have two rooms with walk in showers/wet rooms. Please feel free to call and make arrangements should you need in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to Halifax very soon.
with regards