“Nice accessible location”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Halifax
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Nice accessible location”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I've stayed in the hotel on business trips and have always found it great. Very friendly staff, clean rooms. Car parking for broadstreet plaza is only a couple of steps away and it only costs 5.20 (last checked in Nov 2013) for 24hrs.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Frehman2013
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre. We are thrilled that you had a great stay and we hope you will stay with us again in the near future. Have a great Christmas!

A Heron.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Scotland
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

This is my first stay in a Premier Inn, and I'll definitely be back. I slept well, in a clean and comfortable room, and woke up with a good shower.

Breakfast was served in the adjoined Beefeater, itself far nicer than Beefeaters used to be. It ticked all the right boxes - lots of hot food cooked to order (better than having a permanent buffet when it's quiet), a small fresh fruit and yoghurt selection, cereal, and coffee. Unlike most of the London hotels I frequent, this is a Costa coffee machine. Very good wake up juice.

If I'm down here again, I'll be back.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre. We are delighted to hear that you had a brilliant stay with a great night's sleep and an equally great breakfast. We hope that you stay with us again in the near future, as the team would look forward to welcoming you back. Thanks again.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I appreciate that this is a budget hotel but it just wasn't for me. Rooms are super basic with a tiny TV. No room service and when you order takeaway there isn't a phone in the room which makes it difficult to arrange to meet the delivery in reception. My room faced onto the roundabout so traffic noise was high. Paid for the 24 hour wifi but after I left the ipad for 20 mins it wouldn't reconnect & wanted me to pay again. No parking is just a pest. Better value hotel for similar price nearby.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre. We take all feedback seriously and we apologise that on this occasion there were certain aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations. If you wish to discuss any of these aspects further then please do not hesitate to contact me by calling 01422 386530 or emailing halifaxtowncentre.pitl@premierinn.com and I will be happy to discuss this with you.

A Heron
Wokingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I've just finished working on a ten-week contract in Halifax, and have been staying at this hotel throughout all but the first few days of that period, after having had it recommended by the people I've been working with. Conveniently located within five minutes walk of the town centre, tidy, clean and above all friendly sums it up. Absolutely everyone I've met on the staff has been cheerful, helpful and happy to find a little time to talk - and when you're working away from home for a lengthy period of time that means a lot. Regarding evening meals, there are several restaurants within two minutes walk of the hotel entrance, but most of the time I didn't feel the need to venture any further afield than the hotel's excellent own Beefeater restaurant (the end result being that within a few days the staff all knew what my favourite meals were, which made ordering them a very rapid process!).

Going forward, if I find myself being sent back up to Halifax at any time in the future I'll be specifically asking my company's travel office to book me back into here. On a personal note, to all the ladies and the guys working both on Reception and in the restaurant - I shan't embarrass you by saying thanks here individually for making me feel so much at home, but I shall miss each and every one of you. Staying in your hotel has been a pleasure. Thank you.

Room Tip: I've noted comments by other travellers about traffic noise, although I never noticed any myself...
1 Thank David R
Thank you for your gleaming review of your recent stay at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre. We appreciate all of your kind words and it is an absolute pleasure to see that you have had such a brilliant time! I will pass on all of your compliments to the whole team and am sure they will all be delighted. Once again, thank you for staying with us, we sincerely wish you all the best and hope to see you again in the future.

Penrith, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We were in Halifax for our Works xmas party, the hotel was very pleasant, location ideal,beds so comfy .we had the best nights sleep & ordered taxis for us, nothing was not to much bother But most of all the staff everytime we entered the hotel there was always a warm welcome for us, evan at 1.30am after our party , the staff were brilliant.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brenda M
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre. We are delighted that you had a brilliant stay and we hope that you will return in the near future. The team will look forward to greeting you again.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Arrived with a very warm welcome from receptionist named Sobia. She was very helpful. She helped with any problems and when we decided to stay an extra night she made sure we could keep the same room and went out of her way to help in any circumstance. Very clean and quiet rooms. I would definately stay again. Also, once we'd checked out she let us keep our belongings in the hotel for safety and let us pick them up after we were finished.Stuart on reception was also a great help carrying all of our luggage to us :)

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank jade and the girls at room 104, 106 and 107 :)
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for posting a review of your stay at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre. We are delighted that you had a brilliant stay and we hope you will stay with us again in the near future. I will ensure that your compliments are passed to Stuart and Sobia and I am sure they will be thrilled. Thanks again!

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This was an overnight stay for a work trip.
the location was ideal, walkable to where I needed to be. It's a new hotel and still has that "new smell".
All of the staff I met were very friendly, courteous and efficient.
My room was very good, I was lucky enough to have a "corner" room and I liked its layout.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are slightly larger and have a nicer layout compared to the standard hotel room.
1 Thank Andy P
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre. The team here are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and we all hope you will stay with us again in the near future. We will look forward to welcoming you back.