“What a lovely surprise!!”
Review of Xing Ying

Xing Ying
Ranked #204 of 297 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Chinese, Fast food
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
“What a lovely surprise!!”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I arrived in Halifax tired and hungry after a 5 hour traffic jam filled drive from South Wales. As it was my first time in Halifax, I consulted my trusty TripAdvisor and saw this Chinese TakeAway recommended albeit by only 3 people.
Well! What a fantastic meal!! The young man behind the counter was extremely helpful, as was the delivery driver who helped me find a 24 hr petrol station so that I could buy some lager to accompany my meal. The young man also showed me where to go on a map.
The food was great. I had salt and pepper spare ribs (best I've ever tasted) and the most beautiful crispy shredded beef with a special fried rice. The portions were very generous and perfectly cooked and served very quickly. I was also give a free portion of prawn crackers.
I wish I didn't live so far away from Halifax because I would use this restaurant again and again.
Thanks for a lovely meal guys!

• Visited September 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Great find”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We had an overnight stay in Halifax at the Travelodge on our way home to London and found this takeaway purely by chance. I only wish we had this Chinese takeaway near us, we would use it regularly, the menu is really comprehensive with English food as well as Chinese. The taste and quality of the food and portion sizes are excellent. My husband had duck and I had a Chow Mein so our choices were varied and we both really enjoyed the food . Unlike many Chinese takeaways the food was not greasy. The gentleman who served us was really friendly and helpful and provided us with plastic cutlery and something to eat from as we said where we were staying. If we had been staying longer we would have ordered something else from the menu as we had enjoyed the meal so much.

• Visited May 2013
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly great tea out...”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Myself, husband and our son who's 10 called in after the cinema for some tea, although the restaurant was empty bar us (probably due to time we dined) the food was fab, the child's menu offered steak which my son had and it was lovely presented really well with salad and tiger tail breadstick, our food was fresh cooked and we really enjoyed it too!! The service was great not much of an atmosphere but there was only us there ..... Will defo visit again as it was far better than we expected...

Visited February 2013
“Absolutely Gorgeous Chinese Takeaway”
Reviewed 5 February 2013 via mobile

The food came really fast, the gentleman who dropped it off was polite and kind, we were given free prawn crackers.

The quality of the food was excellent compared to other Chinese takeaways i have ordered from in Halifax. Hadn't heard of it before but decided to give it a try.

Will be using this as my regular now! Top notch!

1 Thank SophieHalifax