“A little gem you must try out!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Towngate Brasserie

Towngate Brasserie
Ranked #1 of 291 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Based in Hipperholme a village in the Calderdale area of West Yorkshire, located between the towns of Halifax and Brighouse comes Towngate Brasserie.
Nottingham
“A little gem you must try out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013 via mobile

We tried Towngate brasserie for somewhere a bit different last night. They have obviously put a lot of effort in to decorating and getting the feel of the place modern and welcoming. On a cold night coming in and sitting in front of the fire with a drink before your meal was really nice. It was quite quiet when we were there but it was a Thursday night in January so we expected that.

The food was really lovely. A restaurant always gets extra points from me if there are more than one vegetarian option on the menu so you don't feel second class and frustrated that you don't have a choice. My partner had the steak and said it was delicious. The food overall was lovely with special mention of the peanut butter biscuits with pudding. They were fab.
Service was really good attentive polite and warm.
Overall a really welcoming, comfortable place to have a great meal. Would highly recommend you try it out. It is definitely worth it.

Yorkshire
“good food not much buzz”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

the food is good for a local restaurant and reasonably priced although starters are a little small. lacking a bit of atmosphere and buzz.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great gastronomic grub!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

My family and I have spent several years going to the Yorkshireman, Towngates predecessor. We were very apprehensive at first as the Yorkshireman never disappointed. We are happy to say that Towngate has surpassed our expectations. The greeting was very enjoyable and the decor is of a high standard, and modern. The menu is neouveau cuisine and at first I thought rather small, but the three course meal was more than sufficient. What I think makes this restaurant is a three course meal and a glass of wine is around £30 per person (depending on what you choose, obviously) and I think this is very respectable. It has come at a good time where the financial climate is grim but you can still have good food at a reasonable price. I wish them every success! And yes we will be returning!

1 Thank travelfanatic1982
Skipton, United Kingdom
“Thoroughly amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

Went here on the recommendation of my boyfriend and was not disappointed! Without a doubt the best meal I have ever had. For a starter I had the tandoori wood pigeon, followed by the duck special. Both were beautifully presented and tasted delicious; Wonderfully cooked and could only leave me wanting a dessert! Each course was fantastic and the other half (a chef) could not pick fault! I couldn't recommend this place enough -the snug before eating was warm and cosy, the service was outstanding and I just hope that this place is recognised for the amazing food that it does! Best wishes for the future!

Brighouse, United Kingdom
“Just what the local area needs...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

Just what the local area needs - somewhere REALLY, REALLY nice to eat!! Visited twice since the re-launch; once for evening meal and during the day for lunch. The food is of excellent quality and the menu exciting – most dishes on the menu list a twist you wouldn’t necessarily expect, but be assured the creative combinations work perfectly.

Good choice of wine and local beers, great relaxed atmosphere suitable for couples and groups, cosy area for drinks on arrival and friendly staff. And…..very importantly for me, the toilets are also spotless!

Returning for a third visit tomorrow evening, and I know I won’t be disappointed.