“A must if you like Greek food!”
Review of El Greco - CLOSED

El Greco
Price range: US$13 - US$27
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The "El Greco" is back!!!
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Was very impressed with the whole package . The food was excellent , we made changes which was no problem. The service was impeccable. We will definitely be going back

1  Thank HalifaxCasper

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Don't usually review something unless it's excellent, but the other reviews of this place were really good, and we found it average at best.
Food was slow, and when it did arrive, the steak was awful; poorly cooked and bland, with grease swimming on top of the sauce. I left most of it. I also ordered chips to accompany my steak, which never arrived.
I did complain and the staff were lovely and said it would be removed from the bill; however, when we received the bill it hadn't been removed and we had to mention it.
My friend had sea bass which I tried and was very nice, but the vegetables were boiled and watery. Apparently the Kleftiko was also good but the accompanying potatoes were lumpy and hard. My friend, who is allergic to strawberries, was very specific and asked whether the crème brulee was plain vanilla, so she wouldn't have a reaction. We were assured by the waitress that it was unflavoured with no fruit, so imagine my friends surprise when on her second bite she encountered a raspberry! The staff really should know what they are serving.
The atmosphere is nice, the staff were lovely and some of the food was good, but at least half of it wasn't up to scratch. There are much nicer places to eat in Halifax.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I cant believe we haven't found this restaurant earlier! We went as a couple and had the set menu with a couple of bottles of wine. The food was delicious and the set menu for 2 was huge!

The atmosphere is lovely and the staff couldn't do enough to help. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, well worth a visit.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We decided to try this restaurant after seeing the reviews. We visited on a quiet Sunday evening, but thanks to the layout of the restaurant we were not too concious that there were not many diners. The decor is stylish Greek and the place was very clean and well presented. The waitress was genuinely friendly and helpful. The sauce on my chicken was really good. Definitely worth another visit next time we are in Halifax.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Following the reviews on TA we decided to visit during our stay in Halifax.
We were not disappointed. The food was excellent and extremely good value for money. We chose the House Red wine ,also very good.The decor and layout of the restaurant is very relaxing. All the staff we met were helpful and polite. We will definitely return.