“Gorgeous!!!”

El Greco
Price range: US$13 - US$27
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The "El Greco" is back!!!
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Went for first time after reading trip advisor reviews . Was not disappointed. Fab food,great atmosphere and good prices . What's not to like! Starter , two mains and a bottle of wine £34. Will be back x

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Booked after seeing the reviews on trip advisor and was not disappointed . Lively atmosphere ,great food and good prices . Chicken souvlaki was fab. Only criticism is that portions are huge!! Was shown to our taxi on the evening. Thoroughly enjoyed xx

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I have been here a few times for lunch and a couple of times for an evening meal. Every time the food has been delicious. The staff are welcoming and the atmosphere is very good.
As per another review we did come for lunch one time to find it closed. No opening times on the door so we had no idea which lunch times it was open. Previously never seen it shut on a lunch time.

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Was very impressed with the whole package . The food was excellent , we made changes which was no problem. The service was impeccable. We will definitely be going back

1  Thank HalifaxCasper
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Don't usually review something unless it's excellent, but the other reviews of this place were really good, and we found it average at best.
Food was slow, and when it did arrive, the steak was awful; poorly cooked and bland, with grease swimming on top of the sauce. I left most of it. I also ordered chips to accompany my steak, which never arrived.
I did complain and the staff were lovely and said it would be removed from the bill; however, when we received the bill it hadn't been removed and we had to mention it.
My friend had sea bass which I tried and was very nice, but the vegetables were boiled and watery. Apparently the Kleftiko was also good but the accompanying potatoes were lumpy and hard. My friend, who is allergic to strawberries, was very specific and asked whether the crème brulee was plain vanilla, so she wouldn't have a reaction. We were assured by the waitress that it was unflavoured with no fruit, so imagine my friends surprise when on her second bite she encountered a raspberry! The staff really should know what they are serving.
The atmosphere is nice, the staff were lovely and some of the food was good, but at least half of it wasn't up to scratch. There are much nicer places to eat in Halifax.