“Will not be returning !!!”
Review of El Greco - CLOSED

El Greco
Price range: US$13 - US$27
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The "El Greco" is back!!!
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Was bought a groupon voucher for this restaurant as a gift.
Staff were abrupt and unwelcoming, service was rushed even though there was hardly anyone else in the restaurant. Starters were ok (can't really do much wrong with pitta & Greek dips) steaks were bland and tasteless. Creme Brûlée was like microwaved birds custard with granulated sugar on top never having seen a blow torch. Very Very disappointed will NEVER be returning. If you don't like people dining using a groupon voucher then perhaps stop offering deals on the site

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Food quality good but paid for a mixed lamb and chicken meal and found it hard to find lamb. What made it worse was the speed at which wine was poured and offer made to replenish the bottle. I went after the waiter when he cleared a bottle that still hand wine in it! Not a place that I would recommend or return to. Still feel disgruntled.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This is the first time I've eaten at the 3 Olives and I will definately go again. The food was very tasty and plentiful. My husband had a mixed grill and it was huge. We took the rump steak home for the cat and she loved it. Phil said all the meat had been very tender. The atmosphere was laid back and very friendly and reminded me of many happy holidays in Greece.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Bean meaning to write a reveiw for a while. I've eaten here on a few occassions and each time found everything to be excellent. By boys have a little competition to see who can eat the 3 Olives mixed grill which great value.

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

After reading reviews we thought we would try this restaurant out with a group of friends. Coincidentally groupon were offering a voucher for dips and pitta and fillet steak, so I called to see if we could use it the same evening. The man I spoke to said he would give it to us for the price of the voucher instead of purchasing from groupon.
When we arrived we said we had booked a table and immediately the waitress very rudely asked "where's your groupon voucher?" I tried to explain I had called up and was told I didn't need a voucher but she was insisting I needed to have purchased them. It was like we couldn't have eaten there without a voucher anyway, very strange. Eventually the man from the phone came from the kitchen and we were seated. The restaurant was very quiet and extremely cold, there was a radiator next to us which wasn't turned on (we sneakily turned it on but it didn't get warm until we were leaving the restaurant) we had to keep our coats on the duration of the meal. Again strangely when we were leaving they apologised for it being cold, don't know why the radiators weren't just turned on.
We ordered 2 dips and 4 fillet steaks (the groupon deal) along with spaghetti and meatballs and chicken slovaki (kebab). We all received small random pieces of steaks formed to make one normal size steak served with chips, mushroom and tomato which was all quite poor. My friend who had the slovaki chicken tasted something disgusting and had to spit it out in to a tissue so was put off the rest of her meal, the meatballs also had no flavour.
Very bad first impressions due to the rude waitress and cold restaurant and then topped off with bad food made the overall experience very disappointing. I definitely won't be returning.

1  Thank Rosie M