“Great food and service”

El Greco
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The "El Greco" is back!!!
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and went on a quiet Thursday night, we both opted for the steak deal and had perfectly cooked ribeye steaks. Defiantly the best dolmades I've had in a long time for a starter and my wife loved the halloumi.
We will be returning as this place has so much to offer with great food and fantastic service even on a quiet night

Visited June 2014

Halifax, United Kingdom
“A good family restaurant”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I bought a Groupon voucher for 4 and was going to add an extra meal for my son. In the end he could not go due to illness. My wife, two other sons and myself arrived and found the waitress helpful (change for parking meter, info on menu). The starters were lovely with the offer of extra pitta bread if required. The four steaks were excellent with the offer of extra chips for the boys. The manager was congenial with us as we ate but not in an intrusive way. We decided to have a pudding and again the presentation and quality was superb. We will be eating here again very soon, hopefully with my elder son. I want to try the mezza. Finally, the waitress went that extra yard by sending us home with a slice of cake for my ill son. We walked away happy with no complaints whatsoever. I don't normally bother with reviews of this kind but the restaurant deserves one.

• Visited June 2014
Cleckheaton
“TRY THIS RESTAURANT FOR YOURSELF”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I booked to eat at the 3 Olives on Saturday 7.30pm, as I bought a voucher from Groupon for 4 people to have Greek dip starter and steak, mushrooms and chips. After reading some of the reviews I was a little apprehensive. Well there was no need to worry. We were pleasantly greeted and shown to our table. On producing my voucher was asked if we would like to buy any additional starters. We declined yet ordered a bottle of wine and two soft drinks. The dips and warm slices of pitta bread were lovely. We ordered 2 sirloin steaks and 2 rump steaks which were all beautifully cooked. We purchased 3 desserts [I was full so could not manage one] which I am told were very nice. The restaurant is very clean [even the cutlery] and all the staff polite and pleasant and YES I would go back again and pay full price.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank madmax43
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Poor, veryt very poor!!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Just returned from a night at the 3 Olives and to be honest it was very poor!!
We were a party of 5 and 4 of us had Meze's which are is a meal of mixed dishes.
The Meze's served to us bear in mind we ordered 4 was for 2 it was very poor value, I got the feeling that the lady serving us knew it was poor and tried to make light of it!!
What made it worse was that we have been quite a times before and the service and food was out of this world, tonight it was just poor!!
Also one of the party wanted a Fillet Steak, no Fillet steak the chef had left the meat at the other restaurant in York, WHAT is that about!!! Come on buy locally!!
It will take a long time for me to go there again and spend my hard earned money, it was not value for money, which is a shame as we love the place and the food, cost cutting gone mad!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Pils5673
“Pretty good”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Hubby and I went with a Groupon voucher and the restaurant was very quiet with slightly more staff than customers.
Food was delicious well presented and filling had starter plus extra kebabs and steak no room for dessert!!
Think the atmosphere would have been better if more diners but maybe we chose a quiet night.
Staff very friendly would visit again

• Visited April 2014