“A gem of a cafe.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lovegrows
Ranked #3 of 20 Coffee & Tea in Halifax
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Soups
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“A gem of a cafe.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I have been coming to Lovegrows consistently over recent months and have never been disappointed. The service is friendly and welcoming and the home made soups remain a great favourite. Keep up the good work! One slight niggle though: unfortunate background music - bland at best; the accordion stuff is particularly ghastly so please replace with some calm classical, Mozart or Bach ideally: not Radio 2 though which seems to follow me round Hebden shops like a curse.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Toneeeeee

“Wonderfully contemporary...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

This tea room is a real hidden gem in a beautiful area. There is seating upstairs and downstairs, and the decor is both crisp and contemporary.

The owner was very friendly, and equally as helpful. She prepared afternoon tea for us at 1130 am, purely because we were on a tight schedule and couldnt eat any later.

There is an interesting selection of sandwich toppings, and the selection of homemade breads included low g.i, which was very tasty.

The only real niggle I would have, is that we would have each preferred a bit more for the price. However, the quality made up for the quantity.

All in all, a wonderful venue. I would be happy to visit again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

As a coeliac of a year I have begun to find less joy in going out for food due to the stress of finding something you can actually eat. Step up Love Grows. This little cafe is simply amazing. They always have homemade cakes, with at least half being gluten free and lovely. They have a huge range of foods and can adapt nearly any meal as they have sourced gluten free bread that, quite frankly, is the best gluten free bread I have ever tried.
Coupled with the fact that the owners are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I have been here three times and they are always chatty and friendly and clearly have a passion for their food. On the first visit my Dad was asked if he liked halloumi, after his reply of yes the owner brought up a halloumi pitta bread that he was trying out. No charge, just wanted some feedback. I ordered the ploughman's twice and there is so much delicious cheese. I was asked if I was a big cheese fan and on saying I loved it, I was furnished with a 'really nice blue' the owner had in the fridge. To see if I liked it. This really has the personal touch, with all the food clearly being explained and assured it was gluten free.

I would urge everyone to try out this lovely little cafe (although save me a table!).

• Visited February 2014
Leeds
“Lord Terence and Lady Helen visits Love Grows”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Well what more can we say Lord Terence and Lady Helen along with a friend called Rea visited Love Grows and we had a meal in there it was first class the staff are very friendly and the food is first class.

Its the first time Lord Terence and Lady Helen visited but Rea our friend has been going there for a lot of years now.

We strongly recommend that you visit Love Grows and try it for yourself its perfect.

We will be going again in the near future.

• Visited January 2014
Manchester
“vegetarian choices + cake heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

This is the sort of place you can get quietly excited about because you think its your discovery. It's off the beaten track, and up some stairs. Once inside the greeting is always the warmest and the friendliest.
I'm veggie and I know that the menu choices are always going to be thoughtfully and deliciously made. Ingredients are of the very best quality. Try the feta and sun-dried tomato open sandwich combo on any of the lovely breads - beautifully presented with gorgeous locally sourced and made pickles. If you want to discuss variations on a theme, or even enter in to discussion about food ideas for future visits - it's positively encouraged.
....and then the cakes...oh my word, those cakes. These are the tastiest, truly, in this cafe town. Treat yourself to any on show by the counter and know that the accompanying tea or coffee is more than a match too.

• Visited October 2013