“Great service and food”

Beefeater
Ranked #27 of 292 Restaurants in Halifax
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Cuisines: Bar, Grill, Steakhouse, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our recently refurbished Beefeater is a popular British Steakhouse located In the centre of Broad Street Plaza. We are located directly opposite Vue cinema, perfect for an after film treat, and within 10minute walking distance from the centre of Halifax town centre and rail station. Our fantastic restaurant offers succulent steaks, fantastic chicken and fish grills , alongside tasty and wholesome vegetarian options. Catering widely for all dietary and nutritional requirements, a wide range of dishes are served up by our experts behind our open grill, so you can watch as your table is freshly prepared! The contemporary bar area offers a great selection of wines and spirits along with all your favourite bottled beer and ales. As for Costa coffee we have all your trusted favourites to relax with, from Espresso to Americano, Latte to Cappuccino. Our outside area is ideal for the alfresco dining with a wide selection of lunchtime favourites starting from £4.99 and our all new "Grazers" menu-tapas style and perfect for sharing with friends in warm weather. Most importantly we have an amazing team who really care to exceed all your expectations and leave you with lasting memories.
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Great service and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Not normally one to add reviews but felt I had to say how great this place is. Service is great, food is too and so reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2014

Ripponden, United Kingdom
“Ok lunchtime meal.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I went for a Saturday lunchtime meal with my Mum. The service was excellent, the waitress was obviously very good at her job. I had a French Onion soup, ribs and chicken and Mum had a Camembert starter and fish main course and they were both cooked okay, and I had an ice cream sundae for desert which was pretty good although the strawberries were a little sour – time of year maybe. The negatives were that the menu says they have cask ales, but the waitress had to let me know they don’t in that branch – in this day and age it wouldn’t be much extra expense to tailor a branches menus to remove things like this which are not sold there. Also, the price is quite high for the quality, but I've always thought this of Beefeaters, while Mum thinks it is ok.

• Visited April 2014
“Spot on”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Visited Friday night with the wife and was taken straight to our table. The floor was approximately half capacity but still quite a pleasant atmosphere. Table staff were attentive and friendly and were happy to help. I ordered the wings to start and my wife had baked Camembert. It was explained that there was a 15 minute wait for the Camembert as it was oven cooked to order as opposed to other places who have previously microwaved. Both were excellent. As a main course I opted for the 20oz T-bone steak "more rare than medium" and my wife had a 10oz fillet steak rare. Both were cooked exactly as requested and the meat was of a great quality. The accompanying triple cooked chips, onion rings and sauces were also well prepared and presented. I couldn't find fault with the food and the service was excellent. I have signed up to the rewards scheme on previous visits and would recommend others to do the same!

1 Thank SavileParkFoodie
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Brilliant restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Service was very prompt and efficient and I like the variation of the menu! There is something for everyone so not just for meat eaters! Nice range of drinks and fast service and I like the fact you earn points on beefeater card to get free things on your next visit like free bottles of wine etc! Highly recommend!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Kelsbells1981
Bradford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good value and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

Very reasonable prices and great food. We had two fantastic steaks and can say we will be back for more soon

• Visited January 2014