“excellent food in great atmosphere”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #184 of 316 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 27 January 2014

PE have been around for many years and have an excellent product. This restaurant will be really good come the good weather with views, from the outdoor seating, across the valley to Beacon Hill. Only one complaint = the latest menu doesn't include my all time favorite "Capriciosa" pizza.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Ate here twice while on a recent stay in Halifax. Excellent service, reasonable price. No complaints.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I liked the layout and furnishings of Pizza Express. I felt that I was then in a well rehearsed process. There were lots of complicated deals for the Pizzas. Incredible high prices for a small Pizza with probably the worst sugar tasting base I have ever tasted. Why come here when you could visit a real restaurant? Apparently its good for kids because they have a children's menu and colouring books etc.

If your not visiting with children you can visit any other restaurant, literally, and it will be better. Expensive and really bad tasting food. Kind of glad the portions were so small. Dreadful. No personality.

2  Thank Ian S
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Called here with my daughter and four granddaughters after going to see Joseph at the Alhambra in Bradford. To be fair we initially went because I had some Tesco coupons and it was my treat. It was good that there was a children's menu but disappointing that you have to pay extra for their drinks as they are expensive and even then it wouldn't be too bad if they were like at Pizza Hut and refilled them all at one price.The dough balls seemed to be enjoyed, my daughter and myself shared a vegetarian pizza with sweet onions and goats cheese it was delicious. The children loved their pasta and pizza, desserts were a big hit with them but I struggled to find something that appealed as I'm not a lover of chocolate so ended up having ice-cream. I think they should have a more varied dessert menu. A lovely touch that the children's menu turned in to a colouring sheet, it kept the girls happy. I would certainly come back and try again but with my husband.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Pizza express has great decor/seating, very quiet atmosphere mid-week, but still nice. The menu has a wide range of choices and is clearly marked for allergies etc. The food was prepared in good time, to a great standard. The pizzas were hot, delicious and well served. I found the drinks to be a little overpriced compared with other local restaurants. However, the service was also great, very knowledgeable and helpful staff who were able to help solve any issues and give information regarding the dishes. There are also plenty of gluten free options on the menu, including a delicious chocolate brownie dessert. Overall my experience was very good, and I would return.