“Friendly welcome”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
North west England
“Friendly welcome”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Went here on a groupon deal we received a very friendly welcome and the lady explained the deal to us
The atmosphere was lovely even though it was early evening and not very busy
The service was good and the steaks were excellent you know good quality meat when you eat it rare
Pleased we bought this groupon because without it we would not have found this little gem

• Visited June 2014

Bradford, United Kingdom
“steak for two”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

groupon steak meal for two nice place nice meal nice beer all round good value. i think the prices are even when not on groupon

• Visited June 2014
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Went this evening with a groupon voucher, excellent value even if you didn't have one! Food, perfectly cooked, will def go again :)))))

2 Thank Absizzy
Suffolk
“Brilliant place to eat”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We were visiting the area so we decided to use the groupon deal, didn't know what to expect.....
Well what a lovely surprise! The staff were great really helpful and friendly, it was a sat night and we hadn't booked but they squeezed us in which was kind. The food arrived quick, it was all home cooked and tasted wonderful! I had the potato and leek soup, it was the best I had tasted, we had the steak meal, my partner couldn't get over how yummy the homemade onion rings were! If we lived in the area we would certainly be regular customers. 10/10....perfect. we left full and very happy!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank heavycat
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This old pub with food is perched on a steep hill with views over Halifax town and obviously has an interesting history. There were only two cars in the car park but the pub was fairly full of drinkers watching the football so it appears to be a " locals" pub. The Sunday menu was very limited (I don't know if it is more extensive during the week) and consisted of four starters and four mains all written on a blackboard or alternatively on a receipt book kept behind the bar and shown to us by the bar man, who was polite and very helpful.

I chose vegetable lasagne because I love veggies and often cook Italian so I expected aubergine, courgettes (and pine nuts on a good day), however, the veg element was tomatoes and a tiny bit of red pepper, change the description to " tomato lasagne" My partner had Hunters chicken which was chicken breast wrapped with bacon and cheese which he enjoyed, both meals were served with a lovely mixed leaf and diced salad with a very pleasant dressing.

My meal, although not as expected tasted lovely and I enjoyed it and the pricing was very reasonable. OK for a quick pub lunch, but, for me, only for a regular visit if I lived down the road. There is a lot of competition in Halifax.

• Visited May 2014