“our romantic night away x”

The Tower House Hotel
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 17 March 2012

went for a night away from kids . Went there for a meal a few years ago always said we would come back again. Was like home from home staff throughly charming and really knew their menu. Only reason I put very good was didnt realise the size of the bath but next time we know bridal suite !!!! I didnt ask for a big bath nor did I say anything because I do believe the staff would have moved us and I didnt want to appear fussy. Room was fab though and POWER SHOWER didnt want to leave the room. Bed was soooooooo comfy x At the night we ate in the restaurant Starter of Spicy crabs fantansic yummy I had Lamb Shank which fell off the bone delightfully my other half had the mixed grill and was warned by Emma (Waitress) dont attempt unless you are a very big eater this was a challenge which my other half took on but was beaten very quickly lol overall throughly enjoyable stay would recommend to anyone i am even looking into holding my wedding there ! x

Room Tip: If you want the proper romantic break book the bridal suite cos of the hugh bath x
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank donnascatchard

Reviewed 17 March 2012

I stayed for two nights and on my own. I felt totally comfortable in this hotel, as the staff were so friendly. It is not far outside Halifax centre though taxi required. I did not go outside the hotel as it appeared to be in a residential area, with cobble streets so heels would have been ruined. The decor is modern though warm too. The food was spot on, and service was excellent. My room number 4 was tiny, though the space was well used. Really comfy bed, I dont sleep well away from home, but I did here. If you are looking for value for money, clean, good food, great staff, somewhere to relax then this is the place I would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 427Marie
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I’ve been working in Halifax for quite a while now. Usually when working away, I tend to try various hotels. I was at another hotel for my first 2 weeks, and then I thought I’d try the Tower House......5 months later I’m still here, Monday to Friday every week.

Every aspect about this hotel is top notch. The room I usually stay in, is always extremely clean, has a very large bathroom (which has a bath tub and separate power shower), flat screen TV and a comfy bed.

I’m always staying in hotels across the country and the staff (from reception to chefs) at the Tower House are one of the best and friendliest I’ve have seen. They are always willing to go the extra mile to make their guests welcome, which I have experienced on numerous occasions. To top it off the food at the hotel is very good (try the lamb pie if it’s on the specials).

I'd like to say thank you to all the staff at the Tower House for making me feel very welcome and always helping out with the little things when required.

One of the best things i've found about staying in a smaller hotel (rather than a large chain) is the personal touch offered. If I’m ever around Halifax again for business or pleasure, I would defiantly stay at the Tower House – highly recommended.

Room Tip: I always stayed in room 8 - large comfy bed and a huge bathroom
Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Randeep B
Reviewed 12 March 2012

What can I say! My husband and I went to the Norman Hunter night on 2nd March and it was absolutely fantastic! We got a fabulous suite with a huge king size bed and a luxurious bathroom with bubbly brought to our room courtesy of Rob. We had a gorgeous meal, nothing could be faulted, "Leeds and Potato Soup", Roast Beef and Cheescake, (coloured in blue, yellow and white)! The comedian was hilarious and the whole night was a complete and utter success. After a lovely night's sleep, we had a delicious full english before making our way back home.
I would like to say a personal thank you to Rob and Nicola who make every event at The House a great success, nothing is too much trouble and everything is always perfect! I wish you all the look in the world, you have a fabulous hotel with great staff and great surroundings. We WILL be back!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cwood85
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We won a competition with the local radio station Phoenix FM to have a meal for 2 and an evening with Norman Hunter and Comedian Mark Rough - I would just to say a huge thank you to The Tower House Hotel, the evening was simply fantastic, from the welcome to leaving at the end of the night, the staff were all excellent, the 3 course meal was absolutely gorgeous - the biggest Yorkshire Pudding I have ever seen! A huge thank you to the manager who looked after us extremely well and an even bigger thank you for putting us at the top table with Mr Hunter!! Overall a most enjoyable night with the added bonus of fantastic food, drink and most of all friendly staff. We will be back in the near future for Sunday Lunch!!! xx

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank cbwill
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night due to business. I phoned ahead of my arrival to ask what time the resturant closed. I was advised that last orders were at 9pm, however the chef would stay later if required. The lady on the phone has an excellent telephone manner and was extremely helpful.

I arrived around 8pm but had advised in advance that I would not be eating (I didn't want the chef to wait if i was going to be late). I arrived in the bar area and was welcomed by a member of staff who was extremely friendly. she checked me into my room and then walked me to the door of the room to ensure that I found it.

I went down to the bar and the same member of staff was showing someone else to their room. She then followed me down the stairs to start serving in the resturant and bar. She did an excellent job of serving everyone and ensuring everyone was happy.

The room was a decent size with a good size bed and very clean. I had requested a king size bed which I got (2 singles pushed together), although the left hand side was very squeeky so I could actually only sleep on the right hand side.

The shower room was also a decent size and the shower was very powerful.

Overall a very pleasant stay

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Emily W
Reviewed 10 February 2012

This is the second time i have now visited this lovely gem of a hotel....i treated my partner for his birthday to stay over in the Bridal suite & WOW!!!...Ive never seen a bath as big and luxurious!!!!
We arrived early so thought we would try out the Carvery...we went for 2 courses & it was delicious......the Cheesecake is to die for!!!!!!
We got to meet Andy the chef, who was very polite as well as the waiting staff , they could not do enough for us.....Nicola & Robert who even gave us a Complimentary bottle of Bucks Fizz...nothing is too much trouble at all for these guys.......
The Bridal suite is just stunning...lovely big comfy bed...huge tv on the wall.....the bathroom...well let's just say i need not want to leave!!!!
I will most definitely be returning here again...if you want a great homely stay then The Tower House is the place.......you will not be disappointed!!!!Thanks again guys for a lovely birthday evening!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
TowerHouse, Owner at The Tower House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2012

Thank you for all the lovely things you have said. We are so glad you had a good stay and that you enjoyed our beautiful bridal suite.It is always nice when guests mention our Chefs and staff by name it means they have enjoyed themselves so much that they have taken time to remember their names.We hadn't had anything posted since the 6th of January and were getting worried, although guests sent us messages to complain that their reports hadn't been posted, we still don't know why, lets hope everything is working again.Once again thank you for taking the time to write, and we hope to see you again ..soon. Susan Holt.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Halifax
Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant
Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre
The Rock Hotel
The Rock Hotel
#9 of 10 in Halifax

Been to The Tower House Hotel? Share your experiences!