“Fantastic Venue”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Halifax
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Venue”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

The Tower House were do I start - I have visited the Tower House on numerous occasions and it has never disappointed. The staff are warm and welcoming and cant do enough for you. It was a wonderful setting for a Wedding that I recently attended and was very exclusive, the drinks are extremely well priced and the food was wonderful.
I also enjoy the carvery on a Sunday and for the price you cant go wrong. There is different types of pie as well as three types of meat to choose from (or all three if you can!) as well all the trimmings, the managers are vegetarians so there are keen to cater to a wide range of dietary needs.
The recently refurbished hotel is modern with luxury showers and flat screen televisions incredible value for money.
The setting is amazing and is such a sun trap ideal for a nice cool beer in the outdoor seating area!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Chantelle M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel last night and have to say wot a very professional place.from the first minute I got here they just could do enough for me thank you to all. I came to Halifax on a Viset and I will be coming back to this hotel to stay. I had lunch in the restaurant were they was very professional the service was second to none. I found it very clean and the beer was nice I do recommend that you try this lovely hotel good value in all areas.

Room Tip: All rooms are of good but rooms at front have a lot of sun.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank DaznicCarpets
Halifax, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2013

What can I say about the tower house - more than wow! We had our wedding there in June 2013 and it exceeded all our expectations. I knew by reputation alone that it would be amazing, but it was even better than I thought. Rob and Nicola are such lovely people, who make you feel like a million dollars. They were extremely professional, and everyone really enjoyed themselves - thanks to Rob, Nicola and the lovely staff. The British like to fault something :-) but we couldn't think of a thing - or anyone else - the food for the meal and evening bbq was commented to be excellent, and having Rob as master of ceremonies meant it ran seamlessly. They had thought of every little detail and eventuality. I loved it so much - and cant wait to spend our anniversary there. Thank you to them both and all the staff. Top notch!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Belinda C
Rochdale
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Me and my business partner stayed at the Tower House for 4 days last week whilst attending to business in Halifax and all i can say is that this hotel just gets better and better. Nothing is too much trouble for these guys . We arrived late and needed to dine but the chef had just cleared up ,that didnt matter as he was streight back to work and prepared us an excellent meal .This hotel is just home from home. We needed to be up and out the following morning at 6.30 am andof course this wasnt a problem, chef was back on duty to cook a delicious breakfast a massive thanks goes out to Andy .Our 4 days of staying at the hotelwas absolutely excellent , they are all so accomodating and nothing is ever too much trouble.What a pleasant and well organised establishment itis a credit to Halifax. Hats off to Nik and Rob who do a remarkable job of running the Tower House you should be proud of yourselves . Hope to see you soon and keep up the good work.

Room Tip: all rooms are excellent
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank suddyrochdale
Newquay, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed at the tower house and it was wonderful. Bedroom wasjust amazing!! So comfortable and relaxing and finished to a high standard. Food was excellent which is always a bonus!!! Staff were polite and always willing to help. Overall an excellent place to stay. Will definitely be back. Many thanks to the tower house team.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Laurenplace
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My daughter and son law held there wedding reception and evening barbecue at this venue yesterday. My best description would be wow it is fantastic!
What a lovely setting with very well presented rooms for both functions and bedrooms for overnight stays.
Rob and his staff are very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble, they talked to the bridal party using first names which helped to give that personal touch. We had a sit down meal for 80 guests 90 in total which was well presented and brought out in a timely manner, oh and it was beautiful with lots of the guests complementing the food. We had an evening barbecue which was run with the same precision and once gain tasted beautiful. It was a very hot day but guests appreciated being able to move around the venue into the different indoor and outdoor seating areas, I would recommend booking exclusivity for this reason. A beautiful venue that delivers an excellent service, would definitely recommend and use again for another function.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Beverley L
darlington
Reviewed 7 July 2013

it was our third vistit to this gem of a hotel Rob and Nicola are the best hostes we have ever met nothing is to much trouble to them or any of there staff.they look after your every need from the time you arrive to the time you leave. the rooms our room was a good size and very tastefully decorated . the food is to die for we had full english breakfast and i mean full.evening meals was excellent the steaks were the best we have had ever and the rest of the meal was of the same standard i couldn't make room for a dessert but my wife did and she and she said it was absolutely fantastic. can'nt wait for our next visit to halifax and this gem of a hotel.

Room Tip: bridal suite
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pptravelers_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Halifax
Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant
#7 of 10 in Halifax
The Rock Hotel
The Rock Hotel
#10 of 10 in Halifax

Been to The Tower House Hotel? Share your experiences!