“Very Good Hotel”

The Tower House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights. The room was very nice and had a clean modern toilet/shower room. Tea,coffee,milk and biscuits provided also a flat screen TV and free car parking.

We ate here on the 2nd night and it was delicious, we had pizza and you could choose your own toppings.

The staff were all very helpful.

Thank you we enjoyed our stay and will stay here again if we have to visit Halifax

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank down2earthgirl

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I chose the Tower House for the birthday party of my little princess and am I glad I did!!

The staff really couldn't do enough for us, all the planning was just to the very last detail, the food was lovely and all the parents complimented on what a great afternoon it was! And I have to say a special thank you to Rob & Nicola for the surprise visit from Santa, that just ended the afternoon perfectly!

We will definitely be back to sample the carvery which smelled delicious!

Thanks to everyone involved.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

On a rather sad occasion, a meal following my father’s funeral service, I can safely say that Rob, Nicola and all the hotel staff provided outstanding service, excellent food and particularly the flexibility that was required over guest numbers on the day.

Rob listened very carefully during the planning discussions to ensure all was set up correctly, so that the staff would be able to provide an efficient, caring and professional service. It exceeded our expectations, for which my mother and I are sincerely grateful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2014

In December 2013 I decided to throw my daughter a 5th birthday party at The Tower House.....this was truly one to remember!

Every detail from the food to the party games was ran perfectly! The staff really couldn't do enough for us....I cannot thank the office staff enough for their help and organisation, my daughter was made to feel like a princess. The surprise visit from Father Christmas just topped the afternoon off perfectly!

A big massive thank you to everyone at The Tower House, especially Stacey, Sally & Jess in the office for such fantastic service! We'll definitely be back to sample the carvery which smelled delicious!!

Nick & Lou

1  Thank Mummy69
Reviewed 11 December 2013

From the first moment we saw the Tower House we knew it was where we wanted to get married and it did not disappoint. Rob, Nicola and the rest of the staff were fantastic, the food (Lamb Shank) was the brilliant. It is a cracking venue, very personal and you can tell that everyone there is really dedicated to making your day as special as it deserves to be. The accommodation is spot on. All guests have said what a fantastic day and we would recommend going to the Tower House for any function or just for some food to anyone we know.
James & Kate (Mr & Mrs Symonds)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
TowerHouse, Owner at The Tower House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your lovely Wedding day at The Tower House Hotel.
From our managers Rob and Nicola, Office manager Stacey, Chefs Andy and Simon to bar staff manager Emma, cleaners and all the other wonderful people who work for the Hotel, too many to mention, but who all play a very important part in making each occasion special, I want to say thank you for choosing our Hotel. We are so glad you and your friends and family enjoyed the Lamb Shanks, I will pass that on to our Chefs. We hope to see you again soon.
. Once again thank you. Susan Holt owner.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Cannot thank the staff and proprietor enough for an 80th birthday party for my Dad today, outstanding food and service from staff, lovely festive private room, Rob even contacted a local florist on her Sunday off in order to obtain a beautiful bouquet of lowers for my Mum. All family and friends delighted with our experience. (Didn't stay over, just visited for the day)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
TowerHouse, General Manager at The Tower House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your lovely Moms 80th birthday party. We are so pleased everything went well and that you eventually got your Moms flowers. the staff at The Tower House Hotel try their hardest to make your experience with us enjoyable and stress free, nothing is too much trouble. Eight years ago I had a similar party at the Hotel for my own Moms 80th birthday and I know how anxious you feel because you want the day to be extra special for them. I chose this Hotel because of the easy access for older people and the friendly atmosphere from the staff, not knowing that four years later along with my husband we would become the owners. We are very proud of all that has been achieved in the four years we have owned the Hotel and it is down to the people who work there, they genuinely care about each customer and this shows in the lovely feed back we receive, we are very proud. Once again thank you. Susan Holt owner.

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

I would highly recommend The Tower House hotel.
Earlier this year I went to The Tower House for my friends wedding. Everything from the mangers/barstaff greeting us, the ceremony, the wedding breakfast (fantastic) and the evening reception was brilliant. Rob and nicola could not do anymore to make my friends day fabulous.
The roast beef which I had for my main course waa out of this world. It was full of flavour and just melted in my mouth. This is why last sunday we returned to the tower for the Sunday carvery. And it was just as nice as it was at the wedding. All the staff were very busy but were sure to always ask on passing if everything was ok for us.
The tower house is and all round perfect venue.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences at The Tower House Hotel. Our wonderful managers Rob and Nicola strive to make your Wedding Day one to remember. Their friendly but professional attitude puts everyone at ease. We are so pleased that you have returned since to our popular Sunday Carvery which caters for between 100 and 150 guests each Sunday and has become very popular in Calderdale. I will pass your comments on to our Chefs about the Beef, they will be very happy about the feed back. All our customers are special to us especially Weddings has the bride and groom are trusting us with one of the most important days of their lives, we want family and friends to enjoy every moment and hope they will return after a positive stay. Once again thank you. Susan Holt owner.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Halifax
Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant
#8 of 10 in Halifax
The Rock Hotel
The Rock Hotel
#9 of 10 in Halifax

Been to The Tower House Hotel? Share your experiences!