“First class customer service and great location”

The Tower House Hotel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Halifax
yorkshire
“First class customer service and great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Went for a 25th wedding anniversary, stayed overnight also. The staff here are a credit to the hotel, nothing is too much for them and the hotel manager is fantastic! Food is fab and the hotel rooms are very clean! Great location

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank gladwinwales
TowerHouse, Owner at The Tower House Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear guest, thank you for your lovely review. We are so happy you enjoyed your 25th Wedding Anniversary and stay. Our rooms are modern and comfy and our cleaners would like to thank you for saying they were clean.On behalf of our manager, Chef's and staff thank you for your kind comments and we hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

The Tower House ... well what can I say other than AMAZING ! ... We came for an anniversary meal midweek, we was greeted by the hotel manager as soon as we walked in the door, the staff were very quick and efficient, I could not fault the service.

Then there is the food - The whole meal was faultless, we had opted to have our our meal from the specials board at the choice of the chef, I think he must have known me better than I know myself for what I wouldn't choose myself the meal was perfect and cooked to perfection.
He chose smoked duck on a bed of feta and beet root with an orange sauce.
Rack of lamb with parsnip purée, fondant potato and wilted greens ( oh my the parsnip purée was to die for, I could have eaten a bowl full )

I would advise anybody who is eating here to check out the specials board and ask for recommendations

I just cannot wait to go back, I've not been able to stop talking about my Tower House experience I'm a very very happy customer

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Freya C
Dear guest thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review, it's always a bonus to know a guest as had a wonderful stay with us. Our head Chef takes great pride in the special's board, it allows him to be a bit more adventurous, it is very popular with our diners. We have a new Chef and a long with our head Chef they are producing some exciting new dishes, and we are hoping that customers will begin to think of The Tower House Hotel as a restaurant and not just an hotel where guests dine. As always our managers and staff are on hand to make your meal friendly and enjoyable, I do hope this will encourage you and others to call again.Once again thank you.
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a quiet hotel set in the quiet back streets of Halifax.
Probably used mainly by reps and business people but none the worse for that.
All the staff were welcoming friendly and helpful. Bedrooms were adequate and clean. The restaurant was almost deserted but it was the night that England played Italy in the world cup. Dinner was OK but breakfast was excellent.
Our stay including dinner and wine was very good value.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest thank you for taking the time to write a review and that you thought the dinner and wine were good value. We hope if you are our way again you will call in.
Whitby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Robert and his staff did my son and daughter in laws wedding What can i say expert they did us proud. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The wedding meal was the best i have had for along time Robert was in compete control of the hole day Thank you, we will recommend this venue to other friends and family

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Malcolm A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed here as were eating at the nearby Design House restaurant. The check in process and welcome we got were fantastic and our room was lovely and spotlessly clean. The only minor gripe I had is that at breakfast in the morning, the coffee we were served was instant and didn't taste good, would have liked a cafetiere.

All in all we had a lovely stay and would really recommend this hotel, looked a nice venue for Weddings too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We were invited to the wedding reception of our friends daughter. The staff were very friendly and polite nothing was too much trouble. We asked for more water during the meal which was promptly delivered within a couple of minutes. The food was served hot and was excellent. If I had paid for the reception I would have been extremely happy with the service received. We had a barbeque in the evening with a excellent choice of food cooked beautifully. The venue was spotless and very tidy. This is team work working to its full potential.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hebden Bridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We got married here in early May 2014 and can not fault a single thing about this venue.

Robert, Nicola and their staff (especially Sally) could not have been more helpful and attentive from day 1 and made our wedding utterly painless and thoroughly enjoyable. Everything was taken care of, not least myself and my wife. They spoke directly with the venue dressers, DJ, photographer and on the day the registrars to ensure we had nothing to worry about and everything to enjoy.

The food was exceptional. Very fresh, very tasty and served very quickly considering our 111 guests. We had soup, chicken breast with all the trimmings and raspberry pavlova, all perfect. In addition to the quality of the food, we were given an excellent choice for the sit-down menu with 4 main courses to choose from and a wealth of starters and deserts. We were even allowed to pick a different starter and dessert to what was offered on the set menu which we thought showed great flexibility and a willingness to help. The bars are also well stocked with several ales, lagers, wines and spirits.

Robert himself as Master of Ceremonies is excellent. Very charismatic and kind with his comments about myself and my wife. He introduced each speech-maker and also compered the reception, introducing my wife and I into the room and making any necessary announcements to the guests. He and Nicola were also fantastic during or wedding rehearsal the previous week; guiding us through each process clearly so we had no nerves on the day.

Also worthy of a mention is the venue's resident DJ Carl. We contacted him before the wedding to arrange the music we needed. He had everything we wanted and more and was great when it came to any songs that we specifically did or didn't want. My friend and I also did a small serenade as part of the night do which went down very well and wouldn't have been nearly as good without Carl's help. He lent me a mic and also helped set up amps and guitars etc.

In all we couldn't be happier with The Towerhouse and will be back time and time again for any functions we are considering having as well as their Sunday carvery which is fantastic.

Thanks again to Robert, Nicola and the whole team at The Towerhouse for the greatest day of our lives.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ash7000
TowerHouse, Owner at The Tower House Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your lovely review of your special day.Our wonderful staff strive to make your wedding day as perfect as possible. I have passed your comments on to our Chefs about the delicious food and we are happy that you have pointed out about how flexible we are over the food, it is no problem to us if you want to substitute one course for a different one, also if you have a favorite dessert just tell our Chef and he will make it for you. Our resident D.J is pleased that you mentioned him, he tries his best to make your evening special by playing all the records that mean something to you,and I am told your serenade was a big hit. On behalf of The Tower House hotel we wish you all the best for the future as husband and wife.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Halifax
Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant
Wool Merchant Hotel
Wool Merchant Hotel
#8 of 10 in Halifax
Premier Inn Halifax South Hotel

Been to The Tower House Hotel? Share your experiences!