“THE PERFECT HOTEL!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Halifax
West Yorkshire
“THE PERFECT HOTEL!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

I have just had my wedding reception at The Tower Hotel and can not describe it with any other word than PERFECT! This a quality hotel with quality staff! Andrew and his family are the most hospitable people and truly look after there guests! I became a regular visitor to The Tower House with friends and family taking them to view the rooms and restaurant, nothing was ever too much trouble, Stacy seemed more like a friend than an employee there! Rob and Nicola who prepared our day - were awesome - our guests were treated like royalty (even the odd rougue) and every part of my night went without a hitch - except the time - it all went too quickly - the only thing the Tower House couldn't fix!!!! I am sad its all over! All our guests commented on how lovely the interior design was - the rooms were like home from home and the food is beautiful!
OUTSTANDING TOWER HOUSE!!!! Thank you for my memories!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2010

We had our wedding reception at the Tower House, and could not have asked for a more perfect venue! Andrew, the owner, and his famaily and staff, went out of their way to make our day special, nothing was too much trouble. my husband and I wanted a relaxed and freindly feel for our family and friends to enjoy, and the Tower House provided just what we asked for. We cannot thank them enough for their hospitality, and our guests, especially those who stayed overnight, were very impressed, and full of nothing but compliments. We stayed in the honeymoon suite, and my only regret, is that we didnt have time to luxuriate in the fabulous spa bath in our room!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
south yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

Stayed at this Hotel for 1 night at the beginning of September and have to say quite the little gem. Our room was very well decorated and the bed very comfortable indeed. It is obvious this hotel has been refurbished and what a fantastic improvement, the staff are very friendly, check-in was very smooth and the breakfast a joy, if your looking for an Hotel in this area then look no further, well done.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Doncaster, Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

My husband and I attended a family members Wedding at this hotel, it was a lovely day and everything was really well organised, the Wedding Breakfast was excellent.

We did not stay overnight, as all the rooms had already been booked out by the main Wedding party.

As other reviewers have stated the hotel was taken over in April and has under gone a re-furb.

If we where in the area again, we would return to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

Quite obvious that the hotel has been newly refurbished - very nicely decorated but niggling issues with things like the shower and room fittings. However the staff are very helpful and happy to sort out anything you bring to their attention.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Wrexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

Bedrooms very modern but very comfortable, king size beds you could turn over in without falling out, the bathroom was superb with a large bath and separate shower. I was intrigued by the hydraulic toilet seat, just touch downwards and it came down on its own, slowly. There was a couch and large screen television in the bedroom, tea and coffee making facilities and a separate, easy to use alarm clock. Best bit of the stay apart from a lovely breakfast was a snack on the patio at around 3pm, the kitchen was closed but we were told 'order what you like, no problems.' The order arrived very quickly, superbly presented and good value for money. The drinks were served from the bar, white wine was well chilled and good quality, the Timothy Taylor's ale was clear and creamy. Breakfast was filling, a full English is offered as well as Continental, so we had the full English and we were full !! Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

I booked the hotel last minute, and was absolutely enthrawled with it, The Check in was warm, Friendly and speedy. The Manager personally showed me to my room which had been recently refurbed (as had the rest of the hotel) The finish was modern and comfortable.

We went to the again newly refurbished restaurant and bar, for our evening meal and found a great selection of food on the menu, I had the beer battered fish and chips and my colleague had the chicken chausser, both were very well presented and tasted just as nice.

We stopped in the bar for a few drinks, that were reasonably priced, and chatted with the very friendly husband and wife management team, who were more than happy to pass on there knowledge of the surrounding areas,

When I retired to my room I found the bed extremely comfortable and got a very good nights sleep (which I do struggle with in most hotels)

In the morning I chose to stick with the included in the room price continental breakfast, which again was very tasty, you can pay extra and have a full English breakfast, which I could only imagine is worth every penny, if the evening meal was anything to compare it against.

All in all I would not hesitate in recomending this hotel to anyone and will definately return there when I am working in the area again,

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Halifax
Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant
The White Swan Hotel by Compass Hospitality
The New Hobbit
The New Hobbit
#1 of 1 in Sowerby Bridge
Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre
The Imperial Crown Hotel
Premier Inn Halifax South Hotel

Been to The Tower House Hotel? Share your experiences!