“Just what Halifax needed, An Indian Restaurant with excellent. food. and service.”
Review of Shama Restaurant - CLOSED

Shama Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Top Quality Indian food. great service. Visit Shama Restaurant at least twice a month. Food always top quality and staff really friendly. Try and you will be back again and again.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We dined there tonight as a group as my Auntie & Uncle have eaten there lots recently.
As a curry lover, I went in open minded but I can tell you that this was the best curry and chapatis that I have ever tasted!
The food was spot on. My wife isn't a spicy food lover and her curry was made very mild to her liking and again, spot on.
Service was excellent, the place is spotless and I have no complaints, only compliments.

1  Thank F1Yorkie
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Decided to visit after good reviews and we weren't disappointed. Fish Pakora was a great starter and a wide choice of more unusual Indian dishes - which is my excuse for not recalling the names. The service was a little slow at first, but this was remedied by the manager who's was very attentive. Nice restaurant serving good food - well worth a visit.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Went to eat at shamas and what a experience that was. The staff were very friendly and the manager was very good company throughout the evening making sure everything was to our satisfaction. The food was slow in arriving but the manager compensated with a free dessert. When the food did arrive it was worth waiting for. Will be going to eat there again and will recommend to anybody who wants a good evening out to pop in to shamas. You won't regret it.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Looking for a curry on a visit to Halifax with friends, I consulted Trip Advisor on my phone and found that the Sharma was voted number 1 for Asian food in the town. We thought we'd give it a try, and were pleased we did.

It was a Tuesday night and the restaurant was quiet, only half a dozen other people in. There are a few tables in the front and many more behind the bar area. Seating was comfortable, we took a booth along the left but there were plenty of tables in the middle and on the right of the restaurant. Our orders were taken quickly and the jug of mango lassi we requested arrived in good time along with papadoms. It's fair to say that the starters, Fish Pakora, were very slow in arriving; probably 30 minutes or more. We were in no hurry but were about to question this when the Manager suddenly appeared to apologise. He had noticed the wait and chased things up unbidden. After that the service was very good and the manager came over frequently to ask if everything was OK, if we needed anything else. The currys were superb. The flavours in my Chicken Bukhari were well balanced, the heat & spice just right.

Prices at Sharma were reasonable and there were plenty of options available, including a few English dishes for those in a group who are not into Asian food. When we left the manager apologised again and was more than happy to talk about the restaurant, the Sharma approach to food, how many other restaurants in the local group. All in all it was an enjoyable experience. One that I would thoroughly recommend to others.