“A hotel in a convenient location”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Halifax South Hotel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Halifax
Halifax UK
“A hotel in a convenient location”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I was rather dissapointed with my stay at this Premier Inn this time round. This was my 3rd stay at this hotel and the two previous stays were a lot better. This was a bit of a nightmare and not what I had expected. Upon my arrival into the room is smelt a little of sweat, as if a previous occupant had just left! The fan in the bathroom kept working on full speed well after I had finished the bath and switched the lights off, so much so that i decided to speak to the receptionist to check whether the fan was not broken. Past midnight I was woken up by a male guest loudly talking in the corridor, even thought the hotel rule says you are to be quiet, not to disturb the others. This person appeared to have a room next door to mine and upon returning to his room he spent the next two hours talking loudly to his partner. I did not complain, had there been a phone in the room I most probably would have. This went on till about 2 am. To cut the story short, I hadrly slept and in the morning upon returning my key at the reception desk I asked for my money back under the no quibble, good night sleep policy.
If you are not as light sleeper as I am this hotel is conveniently located, in a peaceful location and safe location with ample parking. Staff are friendly and helpful but the hotel misses the little touches. Last two times I was there my son was given a children's entertainment pack which he really enjoyed, but not this time. Also, the staff failed to mention about the good night guarantee, which I was aware of but I feel they should mention it to each guest regardless of whether they had stayed in a Premier Inn before or not, just to remind them of the rules. I was not told about the free WiFi. It just seems to me the staff could not really be bothered. They were nice and friendly but not very informative. I have stayed in many other Premier Inns all over the UK in the past and I know how informative staff usually are.
The breakfast in the morning was good but the choice was no longer as big as it was a couple of years ago, eg jogurts, they only had plain vanilla or blueberry which children do not usually enjoy and Premier Inn call themsevles a children friendly hotel.... I might try the newly built Premier Inn in the centre of Halifax next time.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Philippa H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax South Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy a good nights sleep. Our reception is manned 24hours and our staff are always happy to help with any queries or questions. We always strive to satisfy your needs at our hotel, however during your stay you were not happy and my sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced. We have also noted your comment rearding childrens entertainment packs. I hope this wouldn't deter you from staying with us in future.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Cheshire
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We stayed here at the beginning of the Easter weekend, having booked a room for £25 during a 'spring sale' promotion.

Very welcoming and helpful staff, clean and comfortable rooms. Set back from the road so that you lose the traffic noise, even on busy Salterhebble Hill. Pleasant view from the room over the canal. Outside there were bench tables so that you could sit by the narrow-boats and watch the ducks, or take a walk along the towpath (nice to be able to stretch our legs after being stuck on motorways for most of our journey).

We were given a voucher on our arrival at Reception for 2-for-1 main evening meals at the Brewer's Fayre pub next door, and we also chose to take breakfast there the following morning (no complaints about the quality of either, and the staff there were also very good - very friendly).

We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fledge46
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at Halifax South Premier Inn. The team continually strive to deliver great service for every guest and they are always thrilled to hear when they get it right. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Barnard Castle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Lovely Premier Inn - massive room for our family. The hotel staff were friandly friendly indeed - could do enough for us. The room was really quiet and had a view over the canal. The breakfast in the nearby pub was debatable. Service was very haphazard and didn't seem to welcome children.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Halifax South Premier Inn and your comments regarding the breakfast have been noted. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Chirk, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Room and comfort were first class, however the restaurant facilities left a lot to be desired. Breakfast food had been left under warming lights for too long resulting in solid, uneatable food. Eggs were grossly under cooked, with runny whites.

Room Tip: low numbered rooms are handier for the car park, 1 - 5.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. We are always greatful to receive your comments. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your breakfast, we always strive to to satisfy your needs at our hotel, however during your stay you were not happy and my sincere appologies for the disappointment you experienced. I hope this wouldn't deter you from staying with us in future.

Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I'm a regular here as it is handy for our office based in the town centre a couple of miles away and ideal for the motorway.

The check in staff are always very friendly, no matter the time of day or night and go out of their way to ensure you have a pleasant stay.

The room was excellent (faced out onto the car park), very clean and tidy, bathroom was spotless and appears to have had a recent makeover. Only slight niggle was the drafty front door but to be fair, it was about 2 degrees outside! Bed was also a little on the firm side but not uncomfortably so.

Quiet, pleasant and clean overall and handy for Halifax town centre without staying in the centre.

Would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ian C
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Halifax South Premier Inn. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we have noted your comments regarding the drafty door. We hope to see you again soon.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Highly recommend. Clean comfortable Inn. Pleasant surroundings. Secure parking. No stairs or swinging doors to negotiate as we were located on ground floor. Room accessed direct from car park. Will return to this particular Inn again.

Room Tip: Pleasant location with canal and woodland walks nearby. Unique in that room we had was accessed dir...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ronald s
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we are always very greatful to receive your comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at Halifax South.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Derbyshire
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Had a post Christmas two nights away from the house and cooking, hopefully to have a look at the Halifax area, sadly it rained a lot. Firstly it's about time Premier Inn sorted out their map on their website, along with Google the location is nowhere near where the Inn is, the map shows it as being behind a row of terraced houses and the access to it is up the alley by one of the terraced houses back doors when in actual fact it's to the south east across the railway tracks. Had a good welcome from the reception but unfortunately she had no idea how to walk into the town centre so we had to take the car, Halifax must be the second worst town in England to park !!! (Lincoln must be the 1st) The room was very narrow, just 18inchs between the bottom of the bed and the desk top unit and there was a huge open key hole at 3ft high (child height) on the door that left it's self wide open for a peep in, didn't like that at all. The heating wall fitting didn't work and the instructions were for a completely different model. On the plus side - the bed was very comfortable and there was the possibility for walks had the weather been better.Can't complain too much as it was just £19 per night.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank DerbyFolk
Philippa H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax South Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Thank you for your comments after your recent visit to Halifax South Premier Inn, I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as you would have hoped. Here at Halifax South we endeavour to make our guests stay as comfortable as possible and I would urge you to contact us straight away if you are ever unhappy with your stay, as the team and I are happy to help with any issues

I hope to welcome you back to Halifax South Premier Inn in the near future.

Kindest Regards