“good value for money”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“good value for money”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have been to the sportsman on many an occassion to take my children ( 6 and 9) snowtubing on the dry ski slopes up there. It costs from around about £10 each and you have to have a party of 10, but for this you get 45 mins snowtubing plus your tea as well. The food is very basic and average ( sausage, chips and beans ) that sort of thing, but we never really go up there for the food as the snowtubing more then makes up for it. The staff are always friendly and cheerful up there and every tie we've been the children (and my husband) has throughly enjoyed it

Visited April 2014

Durham, United Kingdom
“Family gathering”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I visited the Sportsman as part of a large family gathering. It was a great day out and the food was very good, with plenty for all. We had a really great day, thank you to all the staff.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great time”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I had to entertain my Granddaughter last weekend on a very wet and windy day. Decided to treat her to play at Charlie Fastrax and lunch. She was kept entertained and made some new friends while me and Gramps sat on a comfy couch and read our paper. Lunch was served on a massive wooden platter. I had a very well presented hot beef & onion baguette with chips, the gravy was served in a small dish and not on the sandwich, so it did not go all soggy. Gramps had Chilli Nachos again presented well. good portions of food, great value. My Granddaughter tucked into nuggets and chips. A great day time was had by all.

2 Thank Helen R
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Friendly pub,good food”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is a friendly welcoming pub with good food.It has a large selection of real ale.In cold weather there is a welcoming fire.Plenty of free parking.Next to dry ski slope and children's play area.Wonderful views.Excellent carvery on Sundays,good value for money.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank SUSAN L
Halifax
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Proper pub atmosphere”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Ive been going to the Sportsman more often since dogs were allowed in the pub. Fantastic welcoming atmosphere with real ale usually from local micro breweries. I've not tried the food yet but it always smells good and the menu is extensive and not over-priced. You get a wide range of customers at the Sportsman including a couple of characters who always seem to be at the bar. All in all a friendly traditional pub in a beautiful scenic location.

3 Thank Last minuit C