The White Lodge
US$80
The Cliff Hotel(Gorleston-on-Sea)
US$65
Hotels.com
Burlington Palm Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$100
US$98
US$128
US$118
Knights Court Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$120
Furzedown Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$87
US$84
Travelocity
The Old Hall Hotel(Caister-on-Sea)
US$132
US$128
Hotel Victoria(Great Yarmouth)
US$96
US$74
Travelocity
Travelodge Great Yarmouth Hotel(Gorleston-on-Sea)(Great Value!)
US$72
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsjean eddiedog georgelovely doghome from homenothing is too much troubleeaster eggsbiscuitssea viewroom was spotlessguest houseplenty of free parkingcooked breakfastwouldn't stay anywhere elsea lovely place to staybed and breakfastfeel very welcomesea front
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We had 2 double en-suite rooms here for the 15th &16th September, the rooms and bathrooms need to be seriously upgraded, the beds were too short and the duvets too small, the furniture in the room was old and needed changing.
The bathrooms needed new shower trays and showers and definately need new tiling to the walls and floors,no mechanical ventilation which I am surprised passes Building Regs, and the door from one en-suite opened directly onto the reception hallway which is not good practice as all farm yard noises were open to the ears of the general public,

The breakfast room tables had plastic table cloths, there was a tea urn in there to help yourself and you also had to make your own toast,although there was a selection of breads, cooked breakfasts were all good and a good selection and Jean was very friendly and helpful with directions to restaurants and booking.

There is no off road parking.

6  Thank Neil B
georgeGreatYarmouth, Owner at The White Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your stay with us.
We welcome constructive criticism and act on it where appropriate.
I am sorry to see you rated us as "terrible" particularly as your review has followed two hundred and nineteen "excellent" and nine "very good" reviews.
I will address your comments in order:
1. Our double beds are six feet 5 inches long and 4 feet 6 inches wide. That is a normal size for a double bed.
2. The duvets are full double size.
3. The furniture in room 10 is old, actually antique, and we purchased it specifically to match the decor in the room (1930s)
4. The furniture in room 2 is good quality modern design.
5. The shower tray in room 10 is a quality ceramic one and has no chips or scratches or indeed any other marks on it.
6. The shower tray in room 2 does have one mark on it which is not detrimental to its use.
7. All our showers are powerful and hot as they are run from a pressurised mains system.
8.The flooring in room 10 is 3 years old and is non slip vinyl. This has been fitted specifically in all our bathrooms as it is safer than tiled floors.
9. The flooring in bathroom 2 is 6 months old and is non slip vinyl.
10. The wall tiles in both bathrooms may not be to your choice or design but they are clean and in good condition.
11. Mechanical ventilation is not a building regulation requirement as the bathrooms are part of the original building and not additions. All 9 of our upstairs bathrooms have ventilation fans in them anyway and the one in room 2 is only 6 months old. We note that room 10 does not presently have a fan in but the windows are functional. We intend to add a fan to this bathroom in due time.
12. The vinyl table coverings in the breakfast room are used because they are easy to clean hygienically and because I actually thought they look nice! They are used in many establishments these days. This is after all, a breakfast room and not a Michelin starred restaurant. When we do serve evening meals, we use linen tablecloths and napkins so we do have correct standards of ettiquete . All our breakfast crockery is Royal Doulton and the cutlery is Arthur Price of England.
13. The tea urn you refer to is actually just a hot water boiler and enables our Guests to freely help themselves to the variety of drinks we have on offer.
14. I would happily have made your toast and drinks for you if you had asked me.
15. You made your booking with us through Booking.Com where the parking situation is clearly stated. "There is some free on street parking or you can request to park on the drive"
We are very fortunate to have the whole Crescent at our disposal for Guests to park on and you would have been more than welcome to park on our drivewayif you so wished.
I do not understand why you have awarded us only 2 out of 5 for cleanliness yet not qualified the reason for such a poor score ?
We have transformed The White Lodge in the 4 years we have been here. We are constantly striving to improve our Guests' experience and will continue to do so. The building is 90 years old so we also try to sympathetically maintain the character of the property whenever we make changes.
It would appear that we have failed in your case. Had we known that you were so unhappy with your stay, we would have gladly reimbursed you after your first nights' stay so you could have stayed elsewhere for your second night and not had to stay at The White Lodge any longer.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Chose this Guest House because of the excellent reviews, and we were not disappointed! Good location on the sea front, Lovely clean room, styled beautifully. Thanks to Jean, the host, who made us very welcome, and would go out of her way to make sure the stay was just perfect. Shame we only booked for one night, highly recommend and will definitely be visiting again.

Room Tip: Room 1, perfect!
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Exceptionally clean, very welcoming and hospitable, all the nice extra touches in the room and the breakfast is the best I have eaten in any hotel. If you are planning to stay in Gt Yarmouth this it the place you should choose. I know I will be staying again!

Room Tip: I have only stayed once so I am not an expert on which room to choose however I am sure that the other rooms are just as nice as the one we were given.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a wonderful week at the White Lodge. It was absolutely superb and we were treated by the owners, Jean and Eddie, as one of the family. Their attention to detail is second to none and the wonderfully decorated room was spotlessly clean with flowers, bisuits and a selection of teas and coffee. Breakfast was amazing, with a large choice of cooked food as well as cereals, pastries, yogurts, toast and fruit juices. I have a gluten and dairy-free intolerance but this was no problem at all and I was provided with bread and cereals to suit my requirements. All in all a fantastic experience and I can't wait to return.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

if anyone is looking for somewhere to stay in Great Yarmouth honestly look no further> from the moment you walk through the door you will be given the "red carpet" treatment. the room was comfortable and spotlessly clean. the breakfast was spot on, plenty of choices and the full english wouldn't be out of place in a top London hotel. Jean and Eddie are dedicated to their B&B and it was reflected throughout my stay. my daughter had one of the make up treatments on site and was thrilled with the results, a little extra that has gone a long way, thanks gang and see you all soon.

Room Tip: ask for the sea view, you are at the seaside after all.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends