“Excellent stay”
Review of The White Lodge

The White Lodge
Ranked #1 of 99 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 May 2013

My wife and i stayed at The White Lodge on Good Friday for two nights, a bitterly cold weekend but such a warm welcome from Jean and of course George (the dog). We particularly liked the location on the sea front .Our room was very clean with a lovely large comfortable bed with Easter eggs on the bed( nice touch ) also a card popped under the door ( our 40th wedding anniversary ). Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice and cooked to order, nothing was too much trouble. All in all an excellent stay and when in Great Yarmouth next this is where we would be heading , no question!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Last weekend my husband and I spent the weekend at The White Lodge. lovely location, plenty of food which was excellent. and room was spotless. Jean and Eddie and not forgetting George made us very welcome, will definitely be returning later in the year.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2013

This is my second stay in the last few months.
The White Lodge continues to provide excellent service, quality and comfort ,consistently.
The rooms are spacious, spotless & well- decorated. The beds are large and comfortable.
Small points that make all the difference and are not often found in luxury hotels: quality bed linen & towels, Royal Doulton crockery and faultless service.
Jean's attention to detail and personality will ensure that you have a comfortable stay.
Breakfast, superb; spoilt for choice, cooked to order (you must try their own free-range eggs!).
I had to leave very early in the mornings. This was not a problem. My breakfast was freshly cooked and waiting for me!
The property is tastefully decorated and the entrance lobby is warm and welcoming with the original wood panelling preserved.
I almost forgot to mention "value for money", as a seasoned traveller I have paid a lot more for less.
All in all another top stay. Thanks again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Adrian T
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I have stayed in many Bed and Breakfast and Hotels in Great Yarmouth over the years, and last week-end I found this little gem White Lodge. Perfect Location on the Sea Front. Jean is a gem herself, such a lovely welcome, I felt as if I had known her years within minutes. Eddie very friendly, and I fell in love with George......... Very clean, Beautiful room, great shower, comfortable bed. Breakfast was delicious, with such a selection. I was in Great Yarmouth with family and friends, but I know that if I was on my own and needed anything at all Jean and Eddie would be there, with advice of where to go, what to do, with all the info I could ever need. I will never stay anywhere else but White Lodge in future. x

Room Tip: I stayed in room 2 and it was perfect with a sea view. x
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We've been staying at White lodge every year since 2009 when we discovered this delightful guest house. From the minute we arrive to leaving a few days later, we couldn't be made more welcome by Jean, Eddie and George. The property is such a lovely place and the owners have kept its art deco features and mixed this with modern amenities. The rooms are tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. The little extras make such a difference-fresh flowers, nice towels, toiletries etc. The location on the seafront is great-lots of fresh air and nice views but also close to the town.
Breakfast is a real treat-lots of choice and even fresh eggs laid by their own hens, cooked to order. Even though we're extremely tired after very late nights out, we cannot miss the breakfast!
Jean is a very busy landlady, but always makes time to chat and take a real interest in her guests. After staying there a few times (and always in the same room) it feels like staying at a friends home.
It is fantastic value for money and i wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in the area now. And we love George the dog (we even take him for walks with us on the beach)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I went back to the White Lodge for the weekend with the wife and as we have been coming here since 2009 wondered what decorating delights awaited us.
Jean and Eddie (and I say this with absolute delight) are serial decorators forever keeping the Lodge in the 1930`s theme but as though the building is still brand new.
Obviously the plumbing and cooking facilities are of the highest standards but the 1930`s style is maintained wherever possible.
We stayed in room 1...My word the room is just a perfect replica of the period of the house even the furniture has been chosen to reflect the age of the period.
The lounge has once again been decorated with a beautiful soft carpet and the fireplace to die for sitting on a red leather couch I can just imagine the time of the 30`s with the ladies in the beautiful long dresses and the men is evening suits.
2012 was a bad year for my wife and myself and to see Jean and Eddie again really lifted our spirits, they are such a laid back caring couple who just want everyone to have a relaxing time to unwind and they will help with everything from taxi`s restaurant bookings to whats on in town.
After a heart attack in 2012 my diet is very important to me, Eddie very quickly said to me that for breakfast, smoked haddock and poached eggs, cereal with a banana, two rounds of toast, a cup of tea would give me the perfect start to the day, and my word I walked into town feeling on top of the world.
The next morning to keep things fresh he cooked me Star shaped (Jean you are silly but we love you to bits) poached eggs with beans on toast, cereal with fruit, cup of tea and a lovely smile.
This couple treat everyone as old friends and just so deserve the title of no1 B&B in Great Yarmouth and long may it continue.
Of course George is the most adorable little dog and he greets everyone with a wagging tail, but if you are new to the lodge and you hear him barking at the door please remember he is simply saying hello to a friend he hasn`t met yet :-)

Room Tip: Room no1 is the largest room and as the windows were purpose built and hand made double glazed units...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The hotel is perfectly located on the sea front. Arrived to a very friendly and professional welcome. Our room was so clean and so bright. The breakfast was lovely with a huge choice and plenty of it. Everyone was so helpful with taxi's and information for local restaurants etc. A truly great weekend in a fabulous hotel. An absolute must.

• Stayed: May 2013