“Another Peaceful Stay”

Ranked #2 of 98 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Peterborough
“Another Peaceful Stay”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We have been staying at the White Lodge since 2009 and I am always amazed how many times the rooms are decorated. We stayed in room 7 and yes (lol) it had been decorated again. New Light pine furniture and pristine walls. The bathroom is also new though I loved the other one I wont say the old one as nothing at the lodge is allowed to get old. I love staying at the back of the Hotel overlooking the garden it is soooo peaceful.The breakfasts are all cooked to order and as I have Diabeties and a need of a low fat diet Eddie and Jean always make sure I have what I need. I emailed Jean with my needs and as always my food was cooked and served with a smile. Thanks Eddie for taking the time to help me with my guitar scales I appreciate you are both busy people but you still found the time to print out the said scale sheets for me. I heard Jean on the phone finding information for a guest with no car so he could go and see the broads. No request is ever ignored which the bigger chain Hotels ( sorry I keep forgetting the White Lodge is a B&B) would do well to follow instead of pointing to the brochures and saying take a look for yourself. George is his usual lovely self and is so well behaved although now of course he is an elder statesman in doggy years. We will be back in the Autumn and always look forward to our visits. Respect to you both Jean and Eddie for your continuing care of your guests and I was not surprised to see all your awards especially the ones for the friendliest Guesthouse.

Room Tip: All the rooms are decorated to the same high standards. Room 1 is the biggest facing the sea. Room...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I have just spent 3 lovely nights at the White Lodge and feel thoroughly spoilt, the rooms were comfortable and spotless and the cooked breakfast to die for. A big thank you to Jean & Eddie for making me feel so welcome and a special hug to George the dog who greeted me every day as if he was my own. I will definitely be returning for more visits

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We have just spent 3 days in Great Yarmouth staying at the White Lodge, this is our third visit, and we cannot recommend it highly enough, Jean and Eddie make you very welcome, and the food is superb, also the bedrooms are spotless

Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

We have been visiting the white lodge since it opened and are amazed at the transformation in these years. We have stayed in most of the rooms which are spotlessly clean. The food and location are wonderful. We cannot find any fault of any kind and have been treated with courtesy and respect always. We too enjoy George's company. We were dismayed at the remarks made by gazza but not I think by the rest of his party. We personally have seen the hours spent by jean and Eddie to make sure everything is up to date and perfect. No one could possibly say jean is idle. In fact she never stops working for the comfort of the guests from 630.am to 10.30pm.i have seen her hard at work not stopping for meals. We would recommend without hesitation this wonderful guesthouse.

• Stayed June 2013
Lincolnshire UK
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Just spent 2 nights here. Absolutely lovely place. Jean is a wonderful host and cannot do enough for you. If you need anything that is not offered,simply ask and she will do her best to provide. The whole place is spotless and feels like a home from home. You can help yourself to as much toast, cereal fresh fruit etc that you like as well as a full freshly cooked full English breakfast, as much or as little as you like or simply poached egg on toast etc. Would recommend The White Lodge to anyone wanting a relaxing time.

1 Thank Linniecup
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Was looking for a short break that I could take my elderly father too, The White Lodge was just perfect, from providing a downstairs room to being able to pull the car up outside the door to the attention that Jean paid to all the customers.
Breakfast was fantastic and the rooms were superb. Cant fault the hotel for anything and we will certainly be going back there.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed quiet, don't think there is a room to avoid, but the ground floor room has...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We have just returned from yet another stay at this B & B and we had a great time, we have been to the White Lodge now every Year for the past 4 Years and have always had a wonderful time

You could not wish for better hosts in Jean and Eddie, we have never had a problem whilst staying at the White Lodge, but if we had we knew we only had to ask either Eddie or Jean and instant help was always at hand, but you are required to ask for that help.

We have been more than satisfied with all of our stays and we have always stated this whilst there, we understand that people have a right to there opinion either way, in our case it is all good
but in the case of at least 2 people they found reasons to complain, that is their rights to do so but please do so in the knowledge, that this is peoples livelihood and peoples jobs, people who work very hard over an entire 11.5 Months of the Year.

We can highly recommend this B & B to anyone we have met loads of people like us who return Year after Year some people a number of times per Year.

Our advice to anyone is if you have a problem raise this with either Jean or Eddie and they will go more than the extra mile to solve your issue, do not ignore anything or take it silently home with you, they are fantastic hosts but mind reading is not in their Job Specifictions.

10 out of 10 no problem