“Great Place to Stay!!”

Ranked #1 of 99 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Great Place to Stay!!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

From the minute we arrived we were made to feel so welcome, Jean was a true host, the rooms were really tastefully well appointed and the grassed balcony in room 5 was a innovative idea, It was great to chill out on with the bistro table and bottle of wine after a busy day on the amusements or shopping.
The choice and quality of food at breakfast was superb the request form to ensure you got exactly what you wanted made it so easy. There was even a cake stand with home made pre wrapped cake for you to take away with you for your eleven's, it was scrummy!
All in all I would have no hesitation in recommending this place to anyone, in fact that's all I have done since we got home, friends, family and colleagues all are thinking of going to try it out.

Room Tip: Room 5 as balcony and over looks the back garden, which is one of the things we enjoyed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
georgeGreatYarmouth, Owner at The White Lodge, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time and leaving us such a glowing review. We are very grateful to you.
I am really pleased that you appreciated the balcony complete with lawn! and were able to sit out there and enjoy a glass or two of wine!
Our breakfasts are indeed delicious and the system we use works so well. We always purchase good quality ingredients and everything is freshly cooked each day. I am very pleased that you like my homemade cakes. You must come back soon as I think I have perfected the art of red velvet cake which is a new one in my repertoire !!
It was an absolute pleasure having the 4 of you to stay and we look forward to seeing you all again and hopefully some of the people you have recommended us to as well !
Kind Regards
Jean x

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I spent a very pleasant few nights at The White Lodge. After being greeted by Jean Eddie and of course George we were shown to our room which was spotless ( and I'm fussy!!) I loved the idea of the extra touches, fresh flowers and bottled water. The towels were white and fluffy and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and nothing is too much trouble. I'm a coeliac on a gluten free diet and Jean made sure my gluten free bread was waiting for me with my name on! The location is perfect, quiet but within walking distance and plenty of parking. Have never written a review before but would thoroughly recommend this place to everyone. Look forward to going back soon

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
I feel very honoured that you enjoyed your stay enough to warrant your very first trip advisor review and thank you for making it such a good one!
We do cater for any special diets and even our baked beans are gluten free as you know!
Yes, our location is idyllic really as we are situated on the much quieter North side of Great Yarmouth sea front. The 10 minute walk to the town is pleasant though as one can stroll through The Venetian Waterways to get to the town. Plenty of car parking is also a bonus for our Guests.
For anyone arriving by motorbike, we have safe, secure parking in our lovely gardens.
I am really pleased that you booked your next stay with us before you left and am really looking forward to seeing you both again.
Many thanks
Love Jean x
Gravesend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My partner and I had a wonderful time here for the long bank holiday weekend. We were greeted by the lovely Jean who is possibly the friendliest person in Great Yarmouth! She was a wonderful host and told us everything we needed to know about our room and the hotel, as well as recommending nice restaurants and giving us some tips of what to do during our stay. We fell in love with the resident dog George who greeted us every morning with a very happy waggy tail. The breakfasts were really yummy, with everything from fruit juices to homemade cakes available (thanks Jean!) which set us up for a good day ahead. The room was lovely and well provided with tea and coffee, toiletries and soft towels, as well as a good sea view and a comfortable bed. We would absolutely love to stay here again and hopefully will in the future!

Room Tip: Room 2 was lovely and had a nice sea view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
georgeGreatYarmouth, Owner at The White Lodge, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
And we would love you to stay again too! What a super couple you are and well done for writing such a brilliant review. You will certainly get a good degree.
We are lucky here with our location as it's probably the best location for a Guest House in Great Yarmouth. As you know, we are situated on a very quiet residential Crescent with no passing traffic noise or late night revellers walking home past here yet only a 10 minute walk to reach the busier town area.
As the sea is directly in front of us, our sea view rooms enjoy uninterrupted views so no craning your neck to get a quick glimpse of the sea around a corner :-) !!
I am pleased you enjoyed your breakfasts. I have to say, our Eggs Benedict is delicious as you noticed!
I hope you will come and see us again soon. George loved all the extra attention. No wonder his tail is so waggy !!!
Many thanks to you both
Love Jean, Eddie and George x
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Thank you Eddie and Wonder woman Jean.
How you achieve this standard time and time again unbelievable, our room 7 wonderful, comfortable, clean no spotless, Cleaned fresh supplies each day.
The breakfast have lost count how many breakfasts we have had here, each one served to the exact high standard, served in the exact same friendly way, table cleared promptly making way for next course.
Amazing, the décor love it every time we leave remember all the new things saw.
Dear old George always there to welcome us love him.
You put so much hard work into the smooth running of the white lodge, I suspect I speak for all your guests when I say a big big thank you.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, French doors, sea view in room 7 add to the attraction of the room for us, room...
1 Thank kay elizabeth A
georgeGreatYarmouth, Owner at The White Lodge, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
It's me who has to thank you for writing such a stunning review thank you very much. You have become like family members to us over the years. I love to see so many Guests returning to us again and again. It's what makes the hard work all so worth while. I am delighted that you like the consistent methods we use to ensure you get the same high quality, freshly cooked breakfast every single time and you never have to wait more than 5 minutes for it to be served even when we are catering for 20 Guests as we do regularly.

I am considering making a film at The White Lodge which could involve some of our Guests. It will be entitled " Wonderwoman and the scary scarecrow". Ask for details when you check in again next week for your next break!
Thank you so much for all your kindness.
Love Jean, Eddie and George xx :-)
oxfordshire
Reviewed 26 May 2014

A fab place to stay in Great Yarmouth: a warm welcome; clean, smart rooms and a great breakfast. In addition there's the wonderful family dog 'Gorgeous' George to pet. I would definitely recommend to anyone.

NB I didn't mean to rate the swimming pool as there isn't one but for some reason I can't undo the rating!

Hello there,
Thank you so much for the fabulous review. It's really good of you to take the time to write one so soon.
I can't believe you didn't take advantage of the great big swimming pool just across the road from here at the end of the beach!! It's close enough to be mistaken for our personal one !!
I am glad you had a nice weekend and hope to see you again. George has thoroughly enjoyed this last weekend with all the extra attention he has had!!
Many thanks for your kind words.
Best wishes, Jean, Eddie and George x
Great Yeldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This was our first stay at the White Lodge and what a lovely place this is, it definitely wont be our last. Jean made us feel so welcome and the room we had was superb, overlooking the sea and was spotlessly clean. The décor was in keeping with the style of the property mixing 1930's and modern which works extremely well. Breakfast was lovely and plenty of it. Meeting Eddie and George added to the wonderful way this guest house is run, very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The location is great where we also found two lovely places to eat the Olive Garden in the shopping precinct and the Fish & Grill on the seafront wonderful food and service.
Overall we had a wonderful stay and we cannot wait to repeat the experience. Thank you Jean & Eddie for making our stay so enjoyable and we are looking forward to seeing you again.

1 Thank Christine W
georgeGreatYarmouth, Owner at The White Lodge, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you so much for the fabulous review. It was lovely to meet you both and I feel we are good friends already! I hope we will see you again next time you fancy a "flutter"! and you can try out the new toilet seat !!! :-)
Many thanks to you both
Love Jean, Eddie and George x
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

As a group of 12 bikers we sometimes find it difficult to find accommodation on our bi-annual trips , not so at the White Lodge , the process of booking the 2 night stay to leaving was a dream , Jean was very friendly and accomadating throughout and all of us were delighted with our stay.
The rooms were so clean and modern as was the rest of the B&B , breakfast was superb with a full range of food to suite all tastes and the cooked breakfast was done to perfection with generous portions.
As bikers we are very aware of where we leave our machines but there was no worry on that score either , Eddie directed us to the rear of the property were our bikes were securely parked on the grass , he even went to the trouble of cutting us small squares of wood to put under side stands so the bikes wouldn't sink into the grass and fall over.
The location is also a plus being only a 10 minute walk into the centre of Great Yarmouth it's far enough away to be quiet but not too far to be a problem.

Overall a superb B&B with fantastic hosts , we certainly wouldn't hesitate to return , thank you Jean and Eddie for a wonderfull stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
georgeGreatYarmouth, Owner at The White Lodge, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
We thoroughly enjoyed having you all to stay.
Any Guest House owner who is hesitant about having a big group of bikers to stay need not fear!
These were some of the nicest, politest, quiet, clean and tidy, great bunch of fellas we have ever met. From start to finish, they were brilliant. We sincerely hope that you will all come and stay again one day even though I know it's a long, long ride from home!
Thank you so much for the fantastic review. Hopefully other bikers will read it and come and stay at The White Lodge. Very best wishes to you all.
Jean, Eddie and George x :-)