“A perfect place for a break”
Review of The White Lodge

The White Lodge
Ranked #1 of 99 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Bedford, United Kingdom
“A perfect place for a break”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Just got back from a lovely weekend. Jean & Eddie are fantastic hosts (not to mention the dog George), we were made to feel very welcome. Great room & décor, great hospitality and an awesome breakfast in the morning! To top it off I decided to travel to Great Yarmouth on my motorbike as the weather forecast was so good and unbeknown to me when I arrived I discovered Eddie was a keen bike enthusiast and had secure parking for bikes. Truly amazing, whether you are travelling on motorbike or not. This is a must visit venue if you are coming to Great Yarmouth. We will be back see you soon Jean, Eddie & George.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
georgeGreatYarmouth, Owner at The White Lodge, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hi,
Thank you very much for the superb review. It was a pleasure having you both to stay.
We are lucky to have a lovely, large, gated garden which means motorbikes are safe and secure.
We can also supply motor bike covers just in case it rains so you don't have to get on a wet seat !!
The garden itself is a good size and looking pretty for the summer. As well as being excellent for secure bike parking, it's also a nice garden to sit out in and enjoy the summer sun! Guests are welcome to use it any time.
I hope we might see you again but in the meantime, thank you again for staying with us and for your lovely review.
Love Jean, Eddie and George :-) x

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and l wanted to have a break, so we booked in at The White Lodge for 3 nights and what a real welcome it was to meet Jean, Eddie and of cause George the dog. You couldn't fault staying at this place it certainly had character, the art deco was fabulous all throughout the place. Are room No1 was absolutely lovely, so big and spacious with beautiful décor also with the personal little touches like the flowers and the towels. This certainly had a wonderful view from the bedroom to which looked across the beach. Jean was the perfect hostess in every way she even told us the best places to eat and the nicest places to visit. Yes l would recommend anyone of my family and friends to stay at this place, even my husband and l would love to return there again. Thanks Jean for being such a warm and welcoming person.

Room Tip: No 1 Room at the front is beautiful very large bed and comfortable, beautiful art deco and a fantast...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for being the perfect Guests. It was a real pleasure having you to stay. I am really pleased you liked room one. As you say, it has great, uninterrupted views across to the beach and sea.
We always try to keep our rooms uncluttered but still retain the personal little touches. I am pleased you appreciated them :-)
We would love to see you both again and thank you very much for the beautiful card you gave us.
Take care, hope to see you again
Love Jean, Eddie and George x :-)
Billericay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Excellent ,Clean/Friendly/would recommend for a nice chilled out stay oh not forgetting the lovely food,Lovely location.Jean and Edwin very good host also George the dog,decor was very nice,would go back again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your very nice review. It was lovely to meet you both and we hope to see you again next time you need to chill out!
Many thanks
Best Wishes
Jean, Eddie and George x
Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

From the minute we arrived we were made to feel so welcome, Jean was a true host, the rooms were really tastefully well appointed and the grassed balcony in room 5 was a innovative idea, It was great to chill out on with the bistro table and bottle of wine after a busy day on the amusements or shopping.
The choice and quality of food at breakfast was superb the request form to ensure you got exactly what you wanted made it so easy. There was even a cake stand with home made pre wrapped cake for you to take away with you for your eleven's, it was scrummy!
All in all I would have no hesitation in recommending this place to anyone, in fact that's all I have done since we got home, friends, family and colleagues all are thinking of going to try it out.

Room Tip: Room 5 as balcony and over looks the back garden, which is one of the things we enjoyed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
georgeGreatYarmouth, Owner at The White Lodge, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time and leaving us such a glowing review. We are very grateful to you.
I am really pleased that you appreciated the balcony complete with lawn! and were able to sit out there and enjoy a glass or two of wine!
Our breakfasts are indeed delicious and the system we use works so well. We always purchase good quality ingredients and everything is freshly cooked each day. I am very pleased that you like my homemade cakes. You must come back soon as I think I have perfected the art of red velvet cake which is a new one in my repertoire !!
It was an absolute pleasure having the 4 of you to stay and we look forward to seeing you all again and hopefully some of the people you have recommended us to as well !
Kind Regards
Jean x
Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I spent a very pleasant few nights at The White Lodge. After being greeted by Jean Eddie and of course George we were shown to our room which was spotless ( and I'm fussy!!) I loved the idea of the extra touches, fresh flowers and bottled water. The towels were white and fluffy and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and nothing is too much trouble. I'm a coeliac on a gluten free diet and Jean made sure my gluten free bread was waiting for me with my name on! The location is perfect, quiet but within walking distance and plenty of parking. Have never written a review before but would thoroughly recommend this place to everyone. Look forward to going back soon

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
I feel very honoured that you enjoyed your stay enough to warrant your very first trip advisor review and thank you for making it such a good one!
We do cater for any special diets and even our baked beans are gluten free as you know!
Yes, our location is idyllic really as we are situated on the much quieter North side of Great Yarmouth sea front. The 10 minute walk to the town is pleasant though as one can stroll through The Venetian Waterways to get to the town. Plenty of car parking is also a bonus for our Guests.
For anyone arriving by motorbike, we have safe, secure parking in our lovely gardens.
I am really pleased that you booked your next stay with us before you left and am really looking forward to seeing you both again.
Many thanks
Love Jean x
Gravesend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My partner and I had a wonderful time here for the long bank holiday weekend. We were greeted by the lovely Jean who is possibly the friendliest person in Great Yarmouth! She was a wonderful host and told us everything we needed to know about our room and the hotel, as well as recommending nice restaurants and giving us some tips of what to do during our stay. We fell in love with the resident dog George who greeted us every morning with a very happy waggy tail. The breakfasts were really yummy, with everything from fruit juices to homemade cakes available (thanks Jean!) which set us up for a good day ahead. The room was lovely and well provided with tea and coffee, toiletries and soft towels, as well as a good sea view and a comfortable bed. We would absolutely love to stay here again and hopefully will in the future!

Room Tip: Room 2 was lovely and had a nice sea view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
georgeGreatYarmouth, Owner at The White Lodge, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
And we would love you to stay again too! What a super couple you are and well done for writing such a brilliant review. You will certainly get a good degree.
We are lucky here with our location as it's probably the best location for a Guest House in Great Yarmouth. As you know, we are situated on a very quiet residential Crescent with no passing traffic noise or late night revellers walking home past here yet only a 10 minute walk to reach the busier town area.
As the sea is directly in front of us, our sea view rooms enjoy uninterrupted views so no craning your neck to get a quick glimpse of the sea around a corner :-) !!
I am pleased you enjoyed your breakfasts. I have to say, our Eggs Benedict is delicious as you noticed!
I hope you will come and see us again soon. George loved all the extra attention. No wonder his tail is so waggy !!!
Many thanks to you both
Love Jean, Eddie and George x
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Thank you Eddie and Wonder woman Jean.
How you achieve this standard time and time again unbelievable, our room 7 wonderful, comfortable, clean no spotless, Cleaned fresh supplies each day.
The breakfast have lost count how many breakfasts we have had here, each one served to the exact high standard, served in the exact same friendly way, table cleared promptly making way for next course.
Amazing, the décor love it every time we leave remember all the new things saw.
Dear old George always there to welcome us love him.
You put so much hard work into the smooth running of the white lodge, I suspect I speak for all your guests when I say a big big thank you.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, French doors, sea view in room 7 add to the attraction of the room for us, room...
1 Thank kay elizabeth A
georgeGreatYarmouth, Owner at The White Lodge, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
It's me who has to thank you for writing such a stunning review thank you very much. You have become like family members to us over the years. I love to see so many Guests returning to us again and again. It's what makes the hard work all so worth while. I am delighted that you like the consistent methods we use to ensure you get the same high quality, freshly cooked breakfast every single time and you never have to wait more than 5 minutes for it to be served even when we are catering for 20 Guests as we do regularly.

I am considering making a film at The White Lodge which could involve some of our Guests. It will be entitled " Wonderwoman and the scary scarecrow". Ask for details when you check in again next week for your next break!
Thank you so much for all your kindness.
Love Jean, Eddie and George xx :-)