“A* Ticks all the boxes! Home from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The White Lodge

The White Lodge
Ranked #1 of 100 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“A* Ticks all the boxes! Home from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed here 2 nights 4th-6th June whilst working in Yarmouth. Having stayed in many b&b's across the country this is by far my favourite seaside b&b! Upon arrival I was greeted by Jean the proprietor who is such a genuinely lovely person and can't do enough to help you. I was then shown to my room and talked through everything I needed to know about the area and the b&b which was very helpful. The room I stayed in had a breathtaking sea-view and was light and airy, very well themed with the location. It was a perfect size and very contemporary with everything I needed, a hair dryer, a long mirror, a flat screen tv, and tea and coffee making facilities with a cute jar of biscuits! The bed was super comfy and the linen smelt divine, you definitely don't get that in premier inn! The bathroom was a fair size and sparkling clean! The breakfast in the morning was spot on, there is plenty of choice and Eddie, Jeans husband is a top egg poacher, now that's a life skill! Yarmouth centre is a short walk away which means the b&b is in a perfect location as it is quiet but yet still right opposite the beach. I am so grateful to Jean and Eddie (and George the dog <3 ) for making my stay so hospitable, it really did feel like a second home and I will definitely be returning! Thank you xx

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
georgeGreatYarmouth, Owner at The White Lodge, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
I am awarding you an A+ for this terrific review. You are every Guest House owner's idea of the perfect Guest in every way. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much and we hope you will come and stay again, for pleasure rather than work!
Thank you for your thoughtfulness in stripping the bed and leaving the room so tidy. If you ever need a job, I wouldn't hesitate to employ you !!
I am glad you appreciated your room as it makes the hard work all very much worthwhile.
Keep in touch and if you have to come back to Great Yarmouth for work, just let me know as we would always have room for someone so nice.
Look after yourself and thank you again for the amazing review.
Love Jean x

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Swadlincote
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

The bed and breakfast was lovely and clean and had everything you would need to make your stay comfortable and relaxing. We had a sea view room which was huge and could have swung a cat in and then some. The breakfast was very nice and there was a lot of choice which left us feeling satisfied and filled up for the rest of the day. Jean was very helpful and very friendly and took the time to learn your name and ask how you were and if there was anything else she could do to help our stay. George the dog was very friendly and always said hello to you when you returned to the b and b . We would definitely return again, but next time be fitter as the walk into great Yarmouth is quite a walk away ( but good for that reason as the b and b was quiet and relaxed).

Room Tip: Sea front rooms are a good idea, especially when it is summer as the views in the morning are stunni...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for the lovely and very comprehensive review. It was a pleasure having you both to stay and what excellent Guests you are to have stripped the bed before you left! That was much appreciated I can tell you :-)
I am pleased you liked your room and enjoyed the lovely sea view from there. We are lucky to have such an enviable location and whilst I know it is a few minutes to walk into the busy town, you do get peace and quiet here when you return. I am glad you didn't bring a cat with you to swing around as I think George would have eaten it !!!!!
Many thanks again for the superb review. Hope to see you both again
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

The proprieter Jean was warm and welcoming and our room was nice and comfortable. The location was extremely handy as the beach was literally a 3 minute walk away and was a quiet spot. Prior to our arrival we received a text message from Jean asking us if we had any special requests. Accordingly my husband; a vegetarian had no complaints when he had veggie sausages for breakfast. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would return to the same place. Thanks Jean and Eddie.

Room Tip: We chose a small double bedroom which was adequate for an overnight stay. For someone staying longer...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
georgeGreatYarmouth, Owner at The White Lodge, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Aw thank you so much for your kind review. It was lovely to meet you both and I hope we may see you again if you're visiting your friends.
We readily cater for special diet requests so vegetarian options are not a problem.
As you say, the room you had is an adequate size for a short stay but yes, maybe you would prefer a bigger room for a longer stay :-)
Thank you both for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review.
Penrith, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Lovely clean and Bright , friendly , Quiet , B n B , Jean is the perfect Land lady , the breakfast menu is just fab and the breakfast matches !And for us only a short walk to the beach and Races !Well out of the hussle bustle , thank goodness !
Don't hesitate to book

Hello there,
Firstly, let me thank you for giving me the delicious box of Kendall Mint Cake! Haven't had any for years so really appreciated that mmmmm :-)
Thank you also for the great review. I am very grateful that you took the time to write one especially when you only stayed the 1 night with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay :-)
Good luck with the rest of the horse racing events you are attending!
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have stayed at The White Lodge before and loved it, so wanting the best for mum booked again for a two night break. Jean, Eddie and George were very welcoming and friendly. Rooms are beautifully decorated, very clean and have everything you could possibly need. Tea, coffee etc were replenished and with a lovely piece of home made cake (which was free from the dining room) it made a lovely welcome back after a day out. Breakfast was superb and nothing was too much trouble. Being someone who often gets frustrated by the lack of thought given by people offering a service in general, I have to say I found everything to be perfect and exactly how I wanted it to be. I wouldn't change a thing!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
How lovely to see you back again and to bring Mum with you too was really good. I am pleased she enjoyed her first visit to a Guest House and I hope it won't be her last stay with us.
The White Lodge team work hard to ensure the place is spotless and comfortable for our Guests and nothing is more important to us than ensuring Guests have a lovely stay.
Thank you for writing such a superb review. I hope to see all 3 of you back again soon.
Many thanks
Leicestershire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Biker friendly! Jean and Eddie (and George!) were fantastic hosts. On arrival Jean immediately offered us a secure place to put our motorbikes, behind locked gates in her own garden. Everything we required was catered for. The breakfast was fantastic, the room lovely, the bed very cosy (with lovely linen!) hair dryer, TV, tea/coffee and biscuits. A home from home!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
georgeGreatYarmouth, Owner at The White Lodge, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Hi you two
Thank you very much for leaving such a lovely review and doing it so quickly!
Thank you also for mentioning that we are "biker friendly" :-)
It was really nice to meet you both and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We would love to see you both again next time you fancy a ride to the coast.
Ride carefully
Many thanks
South Lincolnshire UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Jean and Eddie are fantastic hosts. The rooms are spotless and well decorated. Little touches like fresh flowers in the bedroom make this very homely.
Nothing is too much trouble and breakfast choice is fantastic, Jean will even make your toast if you can't be bothered to do your own!
We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and Jean even offered to book a restaurant for us and gave us a card which was a lovely unexpected surprise.

If you want a friendly place to stay you won't go wrong here and they even have secure parking for motorbikes if required and are even looking into buying some bike covers as it is outside.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
georgeGreatYarmouth, Owner at The White Lodge, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Hi you two. It was a pleasure to meet you both. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for the fabulous review. I have now ordered the bike covers so should arrive today!! Hope to see you on the bike next time :-)
Thank you very much.