Fawlty Towers
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The New Beach Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
The Waverley Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
Prom Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
  • Breakfast included
The Troll Cart(Great Yarmouth)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
The Sea Princess(Great Yarmouth)
View Hotel
Burlington Palm Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
Imperial Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
Furzedown Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
View Hotel
The Star Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
View Hotel
The Nelson Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Based 30 seconds from the bech front.
Rooms are dated and dark but they were fine for how long we spent in them.
Breakfast was lovely and we even had a man knock at our bedroom door asking if we needed clean towels etc.
For £25 per person per night (including breakfast) it was worth every penny!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Nice comfy room near the town and beach not far from the pier and cafes nice place to stay if u want to be near the town and beach would recommend staying there the staff and caned people the the hotel is clean and tidy

Room Tip: Excellent service nice room good hotel to stay good location near the shops and the beach would stay there again good breakfast nice cup of tea
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Me and my Family were planning to stay in a different Hotel to start with but they sent us a email saying that they doubled booked us. So we had to quickly book another place as we were worried that other places were going to get booked up fast, so we didn't think to read the reviews. What a mistake that was! The next day we decided to read the reviews and were in shock at what people were saying. We choose to the ignore the reviews and hoped that people were just being fussy. But man we were wrong again. So anyway we got there and waited at the door for a while until this old man greeted us with a 'oh il get someone' no hello, welcome. The greeting of the fatty scummy smell was more welcoming than anyone there. We got our keys and had rooms 1, 7 & 14. Room 1 was my mum & dads room and it had the worst smell of fat and Greece. The carpet was black and nothing looked like It has been cleaned in ages! My sister and her boyfriend had room 7 and the carpet was also black and they had a shoe lace has the pull cord on the fan! Me and my younger brother had room 14 and that wasn't as bad as the others. The only thing was the shower fell apart when I got in it the next morning. We went for breakfast the next morning and all they said was were full at the min come back in a bit! No good morning or anything. The time I spent in the b&b I felt dirty and grossed out. I took the risk and had a full English and surprisingly it was nice! But I wasn't very impressed with the smell of the ladys armpits as she kept leaning over me to place things down. None of them seam to have any personal hygiene at all but that's no surprise if they live in that place! There is so much more I could say about this unhealthy place but you have to be stupid or dumb to go anyway after all this reviews! Everything you read is true don't think were being fussy or anything because were really not! If you don't care about your cleanliness then go ahead knock yourself out with the fumes but all im going to say is you have been warned.

Room Tip: Sunny side hotel is very nice!! Nan and granddad stayed there and the rooms are beautiful and the people are very kind.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Tash S
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My family and I were looking for accommodation in Great Yarmouth and regrettably ended up in this B&B. We arrived tired and desperate for a good nights sleep. My mother was struggling through the door with her case as the bare footed landlord sharply told her, "watch out for my feet"! Perhaps an offer to help may have been a better greeting. The shabby, filthy room was smelly and unclean. My son and I were so disgusted by the dirty bed linen and stained towels that we used our own towels to lie on. The bathroom door didn't close and the sink, shower and toilet were unclean. In the morning we left as fast as we could, having not slept a wink for fear of being eaten alive by bed bugs! Disgusting, overpriced and the worse place I've ever stayed in my life! Didn't dare to sample the breakfast, as we were quite sure we'd end up with food poisoning! Don't bother with this place, it's disgusting.

• Stayed: June 2013
6  Thank Jodykate
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The "warm welcome" at Fawlty Towers consisted of "mind my feet" as I struggled past my host carrying heavy bags (hubby having gone to move the car). The place has an air of total gloom and despondency. The décor is tacky, worn-out and shabby. The carpets were grimy and the whole place looked in need of good old dusting, cleaning session followed by a total redecoration. We did not trust the bedding, so slept (very fitfully) on top of the towels which we placed on the duvets! None of us could face the thought of the breakfast, so left the premises at the crack of dawn.
At £50.00 per room per night, no-one expects 5-star accommodation, BUT you should be able to expect the bare minimum of cleanliness and comfort, neither of which were on offer at this establishment.
I have stayed at quite a few hotels in my time, but Fawlty Towers, for me, hits an all-time low!
I would advise anyone to take their £50.00 and spend it elsewhere!

Room Tip: Try the nearest Travelodge!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family