“pleasent stay”
Review of Midland

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Yarmouth
Midland
Ranked #91 of 100 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 November 2011

just enjoyed a pleasent few days at the midland,Room fine and clean food good all staff helpfull obliging and pleasent,Paul made us feel very welcome and the entertainment was very good Will go again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank terry c
hotelman46, Owner at Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Thankyou for finding time to leave a comment. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

After recently Having family stay at the midland i felt i wanted to comment on the previous review by the hotel inspector!!!
Food service and entertainment was great value for money for what we paid. The rooms although not modern were warm clean and adequate. Im sure my family will stay again on there next visit. I dont no why these people leave such stupid comments they obviously dont have any concept of how much things cost. My aunt paid only £105.00 for four days. Travel hotel two trips out plus a decent hotel cant see how anyone could moan at that.

Room Tip: Well my aunt was on the front i saw the room seemed ok
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank juiceup42
hotelman46, Owner at Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2011

Thankyou "Juiceup" for finding time to comment. I am pleased that you and your Aunt enjoyed your stay, and I will pass on your comments to my staff and also the the entertainers. I look forward to welcoming you again to the hotel in the future. Once again many thanks for finding time to comment.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

Great Yarmouth tourist information says there are six museums in Yarmouth I disagree the Midland Hotel is the Seventh.if the Hotel Inspector made a call she would be there six Months.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
hotelman46, Owner at Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

The hotel, nor the coach company on which "hotel inspector" travelled have received any compaints. We try to encourage guests to report any problems to hotel during their stay, to enable any problems to be rectified. And it is important to realise that "expectations" are related to how much you paid for your holiday, in this this case it included coach travel from Yorkshire, two or three nights at the hotel, dinner bed and breakfast, and entertainment, and £30.00 + for a theatre ticket and of course V.A.T at 20%

Reviewed 5 November 2011

This was our 5th or 6th trip with National Coach Holidays this year so we know want to expect. But what I didn't expect was the personal attention from Paul the manager. He made a point of speaking to us everyday. OK our room #3 was maybe a little tried looking but it is nearing the end of a busy season for the Hotel. But saying that our room was clean and the beds spotless. If I was asked to find fault with our room it would be that we had a bath and not a shower.

The meals at the Midland where of a very good standard, always hot and served with a smile. Some might say that the portions where not too big, but those of us with normal appetites where happy. If fact I did not hear anybody complaining about the foot all the time we stayed at the Midland.

Would I stay at the Midland again? Yes I would. Thankyou Paul and all the staff for a very pleasant 4 night stay.

ian 480

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ian480
hotelman46, Owner at Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Thankyou for finding the time to reply. I will pass you comments onto Paul, and will ensure that room 3 is on our "winter redecoration schedule". Once again many thanks, and am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 11 September 2011

As we were on a National trip we had to stay at this hotel,but I was very sceptical after reading some bad comments.However we went with open minds and glad we did,It is situated just off the promanade, about 100 yards from the beach.Upon arrival we were greeted by the host and all our cases were taken inside for us and would have been taken to our rooms if we couldn't manage.The hotel overall was very clean and adequate.Some of the rooms had a shower but the one we were in only had a bath.There were tea and coffee making facilities provided and topped up every day,and a television in the rooms and hairdryers could be got from reception.There is a small lift,big enough for two people.When we sat down for the evening meal, we had no sooner ordered our food when it was put in front of us.I must say I thought the portions looked very small, but we had the three courses and it was enough to fill you without feeling bloated and it was tasty and hot.The breakfast was the same.Nothing was too much trouble,you only had to ask. The hosts and all the staff were very friendly,helpfull and obliging.The only thing wrong with this hotel is that it needs some modenising.The hosts came onto our coach to wish us a safe journey home when we were leaving.We would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank candycane98
hotelman46, Owner at Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

Once again thankyou for finding time to leave a comment. We use National Holidays a lot, and between us, we feel we offer good value for money. I will pass your comments onto the staff, once again many thanks and I am pleased you enjoyed your holiday

Reviewed 28 August 2011

My husband and I have just returned from a weeks holiday at this hotel and had a thoroughly good time. The location of the hotel to the seafront, shops and restaurants is excellent. We enjoyed all our meals which were efficiently served by very pleasant staff. Our room was spacious and comfortable. We knew we were not visiting a 5* hotel as we were not paying 5* prices. The Midland Hotel provides a good base in Great Yarmouth and represents value for money.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Neil_Largs
hotelman46, Owner at Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

Many thanks for finding time to write a review, and will pass your comments onto the staff, once again many thanks

Reviewed 11 August 2011

We have just returned from a short three day break at The Midland. We hadn't booked anywhere to stay and turned up 'on spec'. This hotel definitely does not deserve any bad reviews and I was shocked to read what people can find to moan about.
We did not expect to stay at The Ritz but what we did expect was value for money and that's exactly what we got. The Midland offered us a warm welcome, functional rooms which were clean and well equipped. The staff were pleasant and we have no complaints about the food.
We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We had rooms 9 and 10.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Sandy F
hotelman46, Owner at Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2011

Thankyou for finding time to leave a response. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, and felt you received good value for money, and we look forward to welcoming you back.