“ok needs updating ”

Ranked #89 of 98 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Letchworth, England, United Kingdom
“ok needs updating ”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night the staff was amazing really nice and welcoming. Our view was depressing . didn't make it to breakfast. There is no love put into this hotel as with other reviews needs updating . The ensuite shower nearly flooded the whole room as the drainage wasn't working . The musty smell was not very welcoming and the lack of plug sockets was a juggling act !! it was bearable for the one night we stayed but wouldn't of wanted to stay anymore. I think the owners need to take the comments on board other wise people will just not return and the hotel is in a prime location and could be seeing a lot of returning trade

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Ayshea N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I'm staying in the hotel right now and I have a 14 months old son. I must say I'm incredibly disappointed. Not that I was expecting a lot but I am still disappointed nonetheless.

The bathroom smells!!!!!!! I can hear every word from next door AND outside which means I'm nervous as to whether my son will sleep through the night. The bathroom in both mine and my parent's room only have a toilet and shower. The sink is in the room itself. There's hardly any room in the bathroom and bathing my son was a nightmare! I didn't want him to touch anything! There's mould around the shower door and again I'll mention the smell of sewerage! It's been a stressful day and we are here till Monday. I'm dreading the whole stay.

I asked for a high chair which to their credit they had, but the gentleman told me to come and get it which was rather annoying as I had my son in one arm. After battling with the lift I was horrified that even though he saw me carrying him, he still wanted me to carry it myself. I finally managed to get it into my room only to find that one of the straps was missing and it was sticky.

The lack of parking is also an issue. There's restricted parking everywhere.

The hotel has bags of potential. It needs a complete renovation! It's tired which for me us fine, but it's not excuse for smelliness, dirtiness and poor customer service.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank kevwe

Travellers are raving about these Great Yarmouth hotels

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Friendly welcoming staff breakfast full English buffet tea/coffee and fruit juice and toast bought to table rooms and hotel itself are dated but clean drinks in bar reasonably priced our room seemed to have had a new shower suite recently put in only given a 4* as dated but was clean

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed here on 2nd August 2014 the staff were all friendly and made to feel welcome bar was reasonably priced The breakfast in morning was buffet style fried breakfast with cereal fruit juice tea/coffee. And toast bought to you table. The room we had was dated but clean with a nice clean shower in the room which looked to have been recently fitted would return as great base for going out into great Yarmouth and free parking nearby I have given it 4* as it is dated but clean so i didn't want to give you the wrong impression

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

stayed here midweek this week. The hotel is a little dated but the rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff were very pleasant and helpful.
The food was excellent at breakfast and dinner and the waitresses were very quick to make sure we had everything we needed.
I stayed in room 108 , it had a four poster bed which was clean and comfortable. the bathroom was not only huge but spotlessly clean.
The only thing I would say is that the place could do with updating.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon C
Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

this is the worst & dirtiest place I have ever stayed in Great Yarmouth in 28 Years of coming here.

The first room we stayed in ( room 108) the bathroom was filthy. the shower looked like it had not been cleaned prior to our arrival. looked like it had not been cleaned for sometime. the clean white towel had a big brown stain on it, it did not look very pleasant. the towel heater had a lot of dust on each individual bar. we called the manager, she came to the room and said it was not acceptable and moved us to a the family room 306. also she gave us our deposit money back. In the family room it was not a lot better, as you can see by the photos, the room was still quite dirty. we was even considering sleeping in the car as it was cleaner.

the next morning didn't get any better, the breakfast was poor, 1 small breakfast cabinet, the food did not look to inviting. they served breakfast at 8:30am and we was at reception leaving the hotel by 8:50am. just to give people a idea of what it was like.

we would not recommend this hotel to anyone as would not like to see other people go through what we went through. totally ruined our weekend. we are currently in the process of contacting the owner to take this matter forward and make a formal complaint.

tony and sarah

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank lucy213
Northampton
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed for four nights at the hotel Easter weekend. Very tired hotel and needed a good refurbishment. Food was adequate but nothing special .3 roast potatoes and spoonful of mash every meal ,what ever you had with it. Beef and Turkey were wafer thin slices. Only one pillow each . No parking available. Some of the staff had a couldnt careless attitude . Would not recommend this hotel at all

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple