“Great place worth a visit”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Yarmouth
Hopton Holiday Park - Haven
“Great place worth a visit”
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Booked this with the sun £9.50 holidays came to £43 for a family of four Monday to Friday!We decided not to upgrade and keep the standard van etc. when we got there staff were very friendly and helpful and the upgraded us to prestige van which was great! It had a massive fridge freeze ensuite toilet and massive beds, with central heating which were very grateful for! Had two pool the outside was closed though but it was October! The pool was warm and clean although the changing rooms were dirty. Entertainment was good and kids really enjoyed themselfs! Would go back but prob not in main season as venue is small and so is pool so would think that it would be very busy and cramped in main season! Shop is very expensive so would recommend to take as much foodb4 u go as possible. We would go back but only prob if it was cheap would not want to pay a lot as there are a lot nicer haven sites for the money!

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Gemma R
Hopton H, Guest Relations Manager at Hopton Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Guest
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Hopton Holiday Village, it’s lovely to hear such great comments.
Our reception team do try to upgrade as many people as we possibly can, so I am happy that we made your holiday that little bit better in doing so. At that time of year it’s nice to have the heating throughout to keep you all warm inside.
In regards to the changing rooms these have been looked into this winter and have been updated so they will be looking great on your next visit.
The Spar store is a convenience store for you on park, being a convenience store sometimes the prices can be a little higher, however we do have promotions during the summer so make sure you look out for these and grab the discounts when you can. We may not be the cheapest but we do make sure all our products are fresh and our service is second to none in the shop.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We chose the Haven site in Hopton last weekend as we decided to go on a late deal weekend break due to school closure on Monday and did not fancy a long journey on Friday night. Having stayed there four years ago I had a good idea on what to expect and to be fair not a lot has changed. The caravan was a Prestige type built in 2013 and was spotless and very comfortable, especially the gas central heating. We only had a two minute walk to the main complex which consists of a bar restaurant, arcade showbar and swimming pool.

The outside area around the complex include a sun patio, outdoor pool, crazy golf, tennis courts, bowling greens and nine hole golf course. Due to it being October the pool outside was closed, and sadly looked rather murky and dirty. Also the cushions on the outdoor furniture had also seen better days. The indoor pool was very good with a large flume slide but due to the weather was busy causing changing for me, my wife and five year old son to be a bit stressful. The changing rooms were also a bit muddy.

The bar restaurant was okay and the food and service acceptable but on the Sunday seemed a bit over whelmed, we had to complain about a desert being nothing like its description on the menu and was promptly refunded.

The show bar was a nice size and the entertainment for kids was good, but a bit dated in the evenings with many children wanting more modern music. The Funstars work hard but are a little bit short on numbers with much of the evening entertainment being drawn out for the kids whilst they have to change out of character outfits etc.

Like most holiday parks, most space is given to arcade machines which cause parents the most stress and no part of the indoor complex is accessible without having to walk the full length of them.

The staff all seemed a bit down as the end of the season neared but then I guess jobs are hard to find there. It was good for a short break but my favourtite Haven is Rockley Park in Dorset which is a bit more modern and a touch smarter in decor as a site.

Room Tip: Request a caravan in the Troon area as this is near to the facilities for convenience and far away e...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ukholidaylover76
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we appreciate all comments from our customers.
We have made lots of changes and alterations during this winter including the outside areas such as the cushions and sun loungers. The changing rooms have also had a makeover and are looking great.
I am glad the restaurant refunded you and got that sorted straight away without any disputes.
The season was drawing to an end as you said but it disappointed me to read you felt they were all down, all staff should have the same amount of energy whether it be the start of the season or the end so I would like to apologize in regards to this.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future so you can see the changes we have made this winter, which we are all very proud off.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

myself partner sister and brother in law went to hopton havens at the weekend and all had a fab break. we booked via the sun holiday vouchers and paid £17.50 upgrade and was well worth it. park itself had plenty of arcades, food outlets, very good size indoor pool,good spar shop, friendly staff, two large bars and good outside space. it was located right on the coast too. caravan itself was very spacious, modern, clean and warm. the park is in a pretty good location that it is right by the main connection roads and in between lowestoft and gt yarmouth. overall a fab weekend would defiantely go again.

Room Tip: if going through the sun pay the extra and upgrade SO worth it :-)
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at Hopton Holiday I am glad you had a good weekend with your family.
It’s so lovely to hear positive comments we really get a buzz from them.
It’s a really good idea to get those upgrades we offer as you experienced, a bigger sized caravan makes all the difference to your break.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I just returned from a 10 day stay at Hopton (Haven) Caravan park. I must admit that it was not very enjoyable for me and i only went for a short quiet break, on my own. The weather was not the best and it rained most of the time. If i was not a drinker before i went to the site then i was close to being an alcoholic by the time i left. The bar is the only adventure an adult can spend his time in such awful weather. As for the supermarket (Spar), why would you put one of the dearest shops on a campsite ? The prices were ridiculous. I ended up eating out every day. I dont know much about the caravans because i stayed in a friends caravan for my break. There is plenty to do for the kids if you are happy to give them enough money to spend in the arcades, which are little goldmines for the owners. The arcades are just a complete rip-off and waste of money. But how do you explain that to a 9 year old kid ?
I must admit that the site was very clean, and the staff i spoke to were quite reasonable. I found my neighbours to be very withdrawn and to get a "good morning" from someone, then you would need to fall over them. Would i stay there again then i would say yes, simply because my friend loaned me their caravan, and it cost me nothing. I would also be better prepared and do a weeks shopping before i got to the caravan. As for the beach, it's not exactly the Med, and has about 10 ft of beach if you like sitting on stones, and the tide is out. So the beach is non-existent in actual fact. It is fair to say that you can get a lot more for the same amount of money, if you went abroad.
I would never consider staying there if my friend had not loaned me their caravan, it is to expensive for what it is. A muddy green park full of caravans and arcades. And to those who are thinking of staying there then take a few games, like Monopoly or chess, etc etc
DO NOT rely on the weather at this time of the year.
Good luck and happy camping

Room Tip: If i was to add a tip to any potential campers looking to stay there, then i would have to be honest...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we appreciate all comments from our guests.
I’m sorry the weather wasn’t the best, that’s our British weather I guess. We are a family resort and we do cater more towards children but I hope you had a relaxing break on your own nether less.
Our Spa shop is a convenience store and we don’t promote it as being the cheapest but all our products are fresh.
March, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

This is a place to take your children , pleanty to do , Near to pleasure wood hills , , Yarmouth , lowestoft, plenty of golf courses, fun fares . What more do want ? Just the Weather! !!!
Mind you when it rains the entertainment team know how to keep your children and yourselfs happy. Well worth a visit. .

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your great review, we love hearing positive comments about our park.
We are located in a fabulous place, close to some fantastic attractions. Ask in reception and we can tell you the best ones for you and your family.
Margate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

ok to start with this is one of the most spotlessly clean sites we have ever stayed on , the caravan was lovely, clean and well laid out.my problem with hopton is they will say anything to get your booking. we decided to stay for 1 week for my wifes birthday, on booking I asked for either a sea view or view of the golf course and paid over £300 for a week in october,i was told they would try there best. on arrival we found ourselves in the middle of the park, querying this I was told ALL the vans we requested were privately owned so we had no chance of getting a van were we wanted ,so beware what they tell you

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jim c
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I’m glad you found the park to be clean and well laid out.
We have caravans situated all throughout the park, although we don’t have any hire fleet in the area’s you requested, some of our owners do let out their caravans so we do sometimes have holidaymakers in them. I’m sorry that this time we couldn’t accommodate you where you requested, we do try our hardest but at times I hope you understand but it’s just not possible.
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Had a 7 night break at hopton we had three children with us one 5 year old a 17 month old and a 5 month old. Wen we arrived the reception staff were very friendly and we were given a map to show where our caravan was located. We had booked a platinum caravan as need it to be clean as have small children. Our caravan was lovely in a quite area of the site. We had gone to the restarant on site which was horried out food got to us cold and everything was griping with grease. We decided to go there for breakfast the once as it was chariter breakfast the breakfast was not brilliant they had got our order wrong 3 times and found the young girl behind the bar very rude. After waiting 40 minutes the pink elephant arrived and was stoping at every table to say hello to the children and have a photo. so we waited (even tho my younger two were getting grumpy and wanted to get out of there)until she got to our table. We watched as the pink elephant went to the next table and the next one with out seeing us and missing us out. so we decides to get my younger two in the buggy and let my 5 year old say hello on the way out without getting a photo as we had taken so many thouout the week. My five year old ran up to the elephant to gave her a great big hug when she was stoped By a very rude boy that was going around with the eliohant he told us that we have to wait our turn. That was fine but we had been siting there for a hour when we got missed and the children were getting bored. I replied telling him we had but was missed he asked me where we had been siting and looked at me as if I was makeing it up. So we left with our five year old crying as she couldn't hug the elephant. Overall the site is lovely and clean and well keeped the entertainment is horrendous but that's haven my five year old enjoyed it. I think hopton is a great base there are lots to see and do in great yarmath. We have always holidayed with haven but found this site not one of the best

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Ems_jem
Hopton H, Guest Relations Manager at Hopton Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I was happy to read the way reception greeted you and that you were happy with the cleanliness of the caravans, this is all lovely positive comments to read.
I’m sorry your experience at the restaurant wasn’t the best, I have read your comments with interest and have spoken to the entertainment team to make sure this does not happen again.
I hope to see you again in the near future.

Sarah Locke