“Cold, damp and broken”

Hopton Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

As the title suggests, not great! Booked a prestige caravan through Haven with heating and 3 bedrooms, excellent sized living room, not much in the kitchen (no scissors, baking tray etc), broken toaster. Heating didnt work, which in March is. Massive problem, especially with a 1 and 3 year old. Couldnt put the gas fire on as it didnt have a guard on so ended up burning the hobs to heat the whole van!
Beds felt damp every time we got in.
Plus side was the lovely pool and play area!

• Stayed: March 2014
Hopton H, Guest Relations Manager at Hopton Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am sorry that your holiday didn’t live up to your expectations and that you had a few issues during your stay.
Unfortunately we haven’t had any reports regarding heating not working, I don’t know if you reported this to reception or somewhere else? I do apologise that this was not rectified during your stay though. Had we have known it would have been a priority to fix.
Regarding the itinerary items, had these been informed to reception we would have brought these missing items to your van. If for any reason these were told to reception I do apologise immensely.
I am glad you enjoyed the pool and play areas, I do hope this made your holiday for the children.

Guest Relations Manger

Write a ReviewReviews (1,161)

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Visited the park last year week after spring half term. Absolutely loved the experience. The welcome was warm. The whole park was ever so clean. Our caravan was clean and spacious. I had my mum brother and 3 children aged between 2-15. The park had a lot for everyone particularly the young kids. My eldest not so much but hey the inside and outside pool were good enough for her. As for mum a chill out by the pool in the lovely was great. Entertainment was fab. Self catered most of our stay but when we ate out the food was top knotch. Thank you Hopton. Visiting a different Haven holiday park this Easter in Wales. But would l come back. Most certainly YES.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Lace01

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review, it’s lovely to hear customer’s comments, especially when they’ve had such a good time.
I’m so happy you all enjoyed yourselves, we defiantly have something for everyone here at Hopton Holiday Village and I’m glad all your family got to experience the best bits we have to offer.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Guest Relations Manger

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a long weekend away at Hopton, this was our first time here and we had mixed views from our stay here.

On arrival the reception was simple, plain and easy to check in, no problems and nothing too much trouble

Caravan was really nice, but it was very dark outside at night, more street lights are required, as it's not an easy park to find your way around!

The bar staff & restaurant guys are obviously all new this season, with having the menus removed from the table whilst still eating, and being charged different prices for the same round all weekend - very off putting, and unprofessional - 1 too watch for here, as when it's busy your not going to see this happening, but the Bar staff were always happy, and always up for a chat - but a bit more till training is required!

The Entertainment, is still the shocking Haven Blue & Yellow Style! The team seem very new, with a guy called Lewis keeping it going - without him a long night, would have been a life time!!! I've never known any company drag game shows out so long as they have this weekend, people were walking out!

If your looking for the "old" style Holiday Entertainment, your not going to get it! It's a shame as Dan the Ents Manager (well I think he is in his Blue outfit) seems very switched on, but I can imagine his hands are tied!

Great customer service was received, we reported a fault in our van, went out for the day and whilst out received a call to ask if everything was ok - great touch, and I hope this carries on into main season!

All in all we had a great holiday here at Hopton, there are some Key staff that stick out, that will make your holiday shine, and they go out of there way to help!!

So in brief - Hopton is a great venue, but need to sort the Street Lighting, Bar Staff Till Training & Entertainment out and it will be 100% all the way

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandy T
Hopton H, Guest Relations Manager at Hopton Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review on Hopton Holiday Village.
It was lovely to hear your comments regarding the park and all your comments have been taken into consideration.
I’m glad your check in was fuss free and I’m happy all the staff were so willing to help with anything, this is exactly how we want check in to be for all our guests.
I have informed the site manager about the street lights so hopefully this can be rectified throughout the summer months.
As you were aware we have added new members to our team this summer and although you found them needing a bit more training I’m overjoyed they were always happy and up for a chat with you.
Overall it sounds like you had an enjoyable experience and I hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I've just return from Hopton Holiday park with a friend. Its a lovely park nicely set out and we had a great time , but unfortunately a few areas let it down . When we asked at reception if she knew about the buses she replied I don't live around here and then we said can we have a bus time table she said no ( I feel she should of looked it up that's not good service) we were charge 4 different prices for the same drinks all weekend . They need more street lights around the caravans as in evening it's so hard to see. The entertainment is bad there is one funstar Dan who is amazing he seems to do everything comparing , game shows etc.. The girls don't seem to do anything like that . The game shows are dragged out but I suppose they have to fill a space. Apart from that like I say it is a lovely park for families .

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Hopton H, Guest Relations Manager at Hopton Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
I am disappointed in how the reception staff responded to your question regarding buses. This should not have been their response and I apologise for this, I have spoken to the staff and this will not happen again.
Regarding the drink prices I have passed this over to the Complex Manager and he is unsure why this would have been, so I would like to apologise in response to this.
I have spoken to Dan who was overjoyed about your comment, all our staff love hearing positive comments it really does make our day getting these, so thank you very much.
We look forward to seeing you again for another Haven holiday.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Just returned from long weekend. Had great time

Check in was a pleasure and welcoming
Nice caravan which appeared to be privately owned Clean and well maintained.

Entertainment was good with trio on Friday and a 4 pierce basnd Saturday. However there was as a Gameshow which was very boring and went on too long. People was walking out

Foodwise a few places chinese and a couple of burger stalls which looks like private not havens. Broasdwalk food OK, but carvery a few mibiutes drive

Would I return? A BIG YES

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely comments on Trip Advisor, I’m so glad you’ve had such a great time on holiday with us.
We will look forward to welcoming you back to Hopton in the future for another fantastic break for you and your family.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We had a nice caravan which was well looked after in a newer area of the park.

The park itself was very clean and tidy and easy to get around.

The entertainment area was pretty good, it was well maintained which for an area which sees so much was good. Security were always friendly and visible.

Overall we had a good time here and would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ghockley1981

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our park, we take pride in the area and I’m glad you found us to be clean and well looked after.
It’s lovely to hear that our guests have such a good time and we will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We paid for a sun holiday but paid extra to upgrade our caravan when we went inside it was lovely and clean and very spacious and had heating in all 3 rooms. It had ensure toilet for master bedroom and a family bathroom. Hopton was in a perfect location right next to the beach which you can locate from a set of stairs that were right near our caravan, it was close to Yarmouth where we went for a day out to sea life centre and reptile place we played ten pin bowling on site had fish and chips round of mini golf there was loads to do and will definitely be returning in 2014. The reviews I have read that are bad really do not sound like the same holiday :-/

• Stayed: September 2013
7  Thank GemmaEssex
Hopton H, Guest Relations Manager at Hopton Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding our park. It’s so nice to read these reviews every once in a while. It’s always a good idea to ask about upgrades, we have some fantastic offers on most check-in days so enquire when you arrive; you never know what you could get.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Yarmouth
Seashore Holiday Park - Haven
#3 of 33 in Great Yarmouth
Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park
Carlton Meres Country Park

Been to Hopton Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!