“Clean, friendly, comfy beds!”
Review of The Elmfield

The Elmfield
Ranked #21 of 99 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary, lovely and clean, very friendly. Comfy beds! Will take an extra tea bag or two next time as only two provided! Very nice full English brekkie! Would defiantly go back.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 6 September 2013

This B & B is on a Street just a short walk from the sea front and a few minutes from Regent Road and the main holiday shops and restaurants. Parking on street isn't too bad and is free. Didn't use the free parking at the B & B due to its layout.

At check in you're asked to fill in breakfast requirements which you are then assumed to want for the remainder of your stay which is a shame. As a grown up I could have queried this but as a previous reviewer states I felt I didn't really have opportunity to. Unfortunately I did lose interest in breakfast after the first one. It was good wuality and portion sized but with no variation I didn't want it on my last day.

Rooms were clean on the whole with just one or two minor details with crumbs on the carpet and dust in the drawers.

Beds were comfortable which is important and the shower was hot when we needed it.

The room I was in Unfortunately was massively affected by what it backs onto.... the coach park. I was woken arpund 6am each day with various companies allowing their drivers to sit with engine's running which is bad practice. The Council should also deal with the matter as a point of urgency. If I popped back mid day for a freshen up before heading back out, the coaches were there again.

Check out, like others comment, left me puzzled about key handover and farewell discussion as no one was about.

The complimentary tray was replenished each day and beds made which I thought was a lovely touch. Guests have access to an iron and ironing board too which is good.

I'd stay again due to the value for money compared to others and the location but I'd stay in a different room.

Trip Advisor needs to have its 4 grade as 'good' not 'very good' as then I'd have given this a 4. A few tweaks as above would make it a very good even without the coach park being shut down.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed for a 4 days and overall was a good stay. Very close to sea and restaurants, pier etc, so pleased about that. On arrival we were given a list of breakfast items to choose from for the following morning. The breakfast was ok but bacon had to picked up and eaten as so hard. One of everything so looked quite sparse on plate. Also, for the remainder of the stay, you had the same breakfast everyday, you wasn't given the option to change which I thought was a bit strange and to be honest, didn't feel I could ask to change !
Room was very clean, but I feel that there should have been more than 1 tea bag each. I understand it is complimentary but good customer service would have been nice to have a cup of tea at night and one in the morning when you woke up.
also the morning of departure we had to look for someone to take key from us and as check out is 10am you would think someone would be there or at least say thank you for staying.
Small changes would make big differences ..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My husband and I enjoy coming up to Great Yarmouth this is the first time we have stayed at the Elmfield and we would recommend it to anyone the owners are really friendly and make you feel so welcome the breakfast is amazing we found the bed so comfy its also very clean. It's not to far to walk to the beach and town about five to ten mins if that. When we come to Yarmouth again we will stay here again as its good value and well worth every penny.

Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night so we could spend a couple of days at Yarmouth. The owners were friendly and helpful and breakfast was good. We arrived early and was allowed to park our car whilst we spent the day out and about. Would stay again. Good value.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

excellent in every way and a fair price friendly staff and helpful clean and comfortable excellent breakfast great location and quiet the price for what you get is excellent I highly recommend this wonderful guest house for any length of stay and I hope to use it again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Please note the current owners of this hotel have only been there since May 2013, so ignore previous comments prior to then....We stayed as a family (Nan) and grandchildren (3) We were met by Chris, who without hesitation insisted on taking our luggage up 3 flights of stairs. Our room was immaculately clean, very spacious en-suite. The breakfast was your choice completely, along with cereals and juice of your choice, very well presented, and tasted exceedingly good, presented with a big smile and conversation every morning, nothing was too much trouble for them. Our room was cleaned daily and the bed lined was changed after 3 days even though we were only staying one week. We would like to wish Chris and his wife Suwanne, all the very best for the future, we will be definitely returning many more times in the future, and we will also be recommending this lovely establishment to friends and associates, , Sue , Abbie, Josie and Tommy.

Room Tip: All rooms are good and furnished very well indeed.