Kilbrannan Guest House
Furzedown Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$121
Andover House Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$174
US$75
US$64
Priceline
The Waverley Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$98
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
The New Beach Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
US$103
  • Beachfront
US$128
PremierInn.com
Knights Court Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
Imperial Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
The Cliff Hotel(Gorleston-on-Sea)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgary juliehomemade muffinsb bnothing is too much troublesmoked fishfruit bowlperfect hostshome from homeon arrivalfeel extremely welcomeclean towels every dayhospitality traylittle toucheslovely couplecooked freshfresh towelswouldn't stay anywhere else
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Had a one night stay at the Kilbrannan Guest house with my daughter while on a motorbike weekend.

We chose the Kilbrannan guest house on a combination of location, trip advisor reviews & price. With the all three hitting the mark my concern was the real lack of negative comments. Well, I'm not the easiest person to please so surprisingly I cannot fault our hosts, Gary & Julie, the establishment or their breakfast.

Hospitality, was exceptional: they say they aim to provide a high level of service: they achieve! To put in context I have stayed in loads of 5 Star hotels who could learn something from these guys.

The room: it wasn't the biggest however it did not feel small, the rest of the house, it was spotlessly clean and lacked nothing that I can think. Fridge? Tick Fresh Fruit? Tick; Comfortable beds? Tick, TV & DVD player? Tick, loads of DVD's to choose from? Tick, the list just goes on .....and most importantly a good night's sleep? Tick

The breakfast: all I can say is that if you leave hungry then you have an eating disorder. With the range of choices on offer you could have something different every day for a week and still not have tested everything. However, Julie and Gary do go the extra mile by having a wide range of freshly prepared locally sourced produce that is just delicious.... They have truly earned their best breakfast award!

Overall, having thought long and hard to find anything that would have improved our stay, I can confirm that the lack of negative reviews is simply because there is nothing that can be faulted!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank BikingBigBear
-kilbrannan-14, Owner at Kilbrannan Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2012

Thank you so much for your review.
Nothing gives us greater pleasure than knowing the work we put into providing our guests with something we would want ourselves is appreciated.
It is very important to us to make sure that everywhere is as clean as possible which is why we polish all surfaces each day and steam clean the showers, toilets and sinks for each new guest. It is also very important to us to provide a breakfast that is made from the best quality local products cooked to perfection by our resident chef (Gary).
It was a pleasure to meet you both and we look forward to your return.
ps: nice bike
Thanks again

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Stayed last weekend for the night and had a wonderful visit. On arrival greeted by Gary & Julie, they were so friendly and lovely, and made us feel very welcome. Room was more than what we expected, very modern and stylish. Equipped with everything you could want and very clean. For breakfast we had fresh mackerel and tomatoes with fresh bread, this was delicious! Very central location to both the seafront and town centre. Perfect hosts and great value for money! Will definitely be staying there again and would most certainly recommend a visit to the guest house!! Em and Kash

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank EmilyTrolley
-kilbrannan-14, Owner at Kilbrannan Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2012

Thank you for your review. Having you as guests was a pleasure for us and we look forward to seeing you again.
We devote our lives to make sure our guests have an experience that will be remembered lovingly and to read your comments makes it worthwhile.
Breakfast is an area we put a lot of emphasis on by using the best quality local produce, glad you enjoyed the Mackerel. You can't beat the taste of Great Yarmouth produce.
Thanks again and see you soon
Regards
Gary & Julie

Reviewed 29 December 2011

Well we have today left Kilbrannan after staying for the whole of the festive period for the third consecutive year and again we have come away feeling totally relaxed, well fed and very happy. There is no other guest house that could make you feel so warm and welcome in our opinion and we never leave with any complaints. I don't know really how they can improve on what we consider pure perfection. We have stayed here on eight separate occasions and while ever the Smith family run this guest house we shall continue to stay. We first met the Smith's in 2009 on our first visit and we are now proud to call them our friends for life. A stay at Kilbrannan is a stay you'll want to do over and over again. Thank you so much Gary, Julie & Charlie, you are all simply the best.

Room Tip: All rooms are of the highest standard but for a touch of extra luxury we recommend room 1 for the large bathroom.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mrsjbanger
-kilbrannan-14, Owner at Kilbrannan Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2012

Thank you very much for the review.
Christmas is a special time of year for all of us and to share it with guests such as yourselves make it even better.
You join in with all the games and your company just makes up for all the work we put into making your stay a memorable and loving experience.
You have visited us on several occasions and each time you leave we look forward to your next stay, you really are like family to us.
ps: A trophy for the 'Nemesis' will be in the post to you shortly, well done again for winning the Wii challenge

Reviewed 15 October 2011

Just got back from a 3 night stay at the Kilbrannan Guest House where I was on business in the Great Yarmouth area and I also stayed in Room 3. I travel around the UK often and stay at many Hotels/B&B's and I'm extremely fussy at where I stop. It was because of the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor I decided to try this B&B for the first time and I have to say I was not disappointed.After only 5 minutes of talking to Julie on arrival I felt as though I'd known her years.I met Gary at breakfast the following morning and he was just as friendly and approachable. I have to warn you that if you decide to have one of Gary's Daily Specials (and he'll be upset if you don't try one) then if you also agree to the Full English to follow you'll find it difficult to get up from your seat. I didn't eat another thing all that day ! Everything the previous review states regarding the cleanliness and also the Tea, Coffee, Fruit, Water and sweets every day are correct.
Both Julie & Gary came to say goodbye to me and I felt that I should have been giving them a hug rather than shaking hands with them as they both felt like good friends.
Hopefully I will be making another stop at the Kilbrannan in the very near future.
Mike

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank mike01772
-kilbrannan-14, Owner at Kilbrannan Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2011

We put a lot of emphasis on our breakfasts in terms of quality and we also make some of it which makes the quality even better. The special (which is very popular) is something that we love to make for our guests and is an extemely healthy way to start the day.
We also aim to accommodate all kinds of guests whether they be people on holiday or people on business such as yourself. Everyone is welcome.
Our rooms are equipped to a high standard to suit all manner of needs and the extra items in the rooms are something you probably wouldn't get in other places.

We thank you for your review and hope you will return very soon

Gary & Julie

Reviewed 12 October 2011

My fiancé and I stayed for 3 nights at The Kilbrannan and had a lovely time. We were really made to feel welcome by Gary, Julie and Charlie who work so hard. We stayed in room 3 and it was wonderful. It was so clean and we were impressed by how shiny the chrome in the en suite was!! You get a great welcome pack which consisted of toiletries, towels & flannels, (which were changed daily) chocolates, cookies, fruit, water & a variety of teas etc. We also had a fridge, a hairdryer and a freeview tv with DVD player. We watched 1 DVD from the large selection on offer in reception but never did get round to watching Avatar! We both love Great Yarmouth and it's so close to the shops, restaurants and amusements but just far enough away so you still get a good nights sleep! We visited The Sealife Centre which Julie kindly gave us a voucher for and went to the Indian restaurant that was recommended. The breakfasts were absolutely delicious and kept us going most of the day! We originally only booked to stay 2 nights but ended up staying another night as we were so impressed. We will definitely be returning and we highly recommend that you stay at The Kilbrannan. Thankyou so much for making our mini break even more special. Amy & Dan

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank AmylovesDan
-kilbrannan-14, Owner at Kilbrannan Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2011

Thank you both for your review.
You were a pleasure to have stay with us and booking an extra night was a bonus.
The reason we have chrome in most of our showers is because they look outstanding when they are cleaned properly. With white plastic it would be easy to mask the water marks and we wouldn't want that.
Any vouchers we obtain are always passed on to our guests as a sign of thanks and respect.

We look forward to your next visit

ps: love the picture