“Another yearly jaunt!”

Ranked #258 of 347 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Pop in here once a year. Nothing much changes really. The decor is stuck in the 70's with photos of celebrities stuck to the walls. The food is pleasant enough and the service good. The waitress was polite and friendly with a lovely manner to boot. People may not like the decor but that's why I come back year after year! I don't like change. It's homely. Go and give it a try.

1  Thank Darren L

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We recently went to the Europa Restaurant on a short trip to Great Yarmouth. The waitress spoke very little English and looked very surprised when we asked if we could have jacket potatoes with our meals as everything is served with chips. The place was extremely hot and smelt of burnt oil but the alarm bells really started to sound when the waitress asked my husband if he would like his gammon steak rare, medium or well done! Although cremated wasn't one of the options, that was how it came and it was so thin, it couldn't really be called a steak, more a rasher. At least he did get peas and tomato. I asked for chicken and jacket potato and that was precisely what I got. No vegetables or garnish and it was so dry and over cooked as to be inedible. Because we asked for jackets, we were charged an extra £3. When I complained to the waitress, she just said 'oh sorry'. We paid up for what turned out to be an expensive meal, and left but would certainly never go back.

1  Thank Nanilin
Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

We went here today having been badly let down at a different restaurant 2 days prior. I ordered lamb chop and my husband ordered the gammon everything arrived appetising all cooked to perfection. We so enjoyed our meal. The waitress was friendly professional I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant we have eaten there numerous times before and have always left feeling contented.

1  Thank simplypuckle
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We have visited this restaurant many times over the last few years on our holidays to Great Yarmouth. We have always found the restaurant to be clean and odour free. We generally have food from the greek section of the menu and I can vouch that the Moussaka is excellent, as is the greek salad. The staff are very friendly and attentive and the meals are served in a prompt fashion. If you come across this restaurant its well worth a visit.

1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Restaurant offers good value family meals We paid £31 for 2 adult + 2 child meals along with
3 deserts and drinks. Food helping was very generous although a little bland, the carrots tasted
tinned. The eastern european waitresses were very sweet and attentative. We found the place clean, the waitresses were constantly cleaning when not serving.
Ideal place for family on a budget.

1  Thank NIGELBENTLEY