“Great B and B”

Ranked #12 of 99 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Prestbury, United Kingdom
“Great B and B”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Visited Great Yarmouth for a music weekend.This place was superb,lovely and clean, great breakfast,attention to detail.We will be back next year ! Free parking opposite,Nice a quiet.Offered us a fridge when they heard my rucksack rattling with a couple of bottles of wine.Nothing seemed to be a problem at all.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank steve p
tillyGreatYarmouth, Owner at 3 Norfolk Square, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Glad you enjoyed your stay. Look forward to seeing you again

Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Polish first
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was our second stay here within 9 months. We had stayed during the previous Summer and both my partner and I were very eager to return to this lovely place again.

The hotel is a mere two minute walk from the sea front, and less than a 5 minute walk from the hustle and bustle of the excitement on the promenade!

There is free parking opposite the hotel. We had no difficulties parking during this visit, however during our first visit last Summer, as we visited during the Summer holidays, a much busier time, there were no car parking spaces available and so the owners were very helpful in allowing us to park on the hotel drive until a space became available opposite the hotel.

Upon arrival, we were greeted and welcomed by the landlady. Once again, we valued this warm welcome just as we had the previous Summer. As we filled in our contact details, the landlady was very friendly and chatty and we were offered a hot drink upon our arrival. Then we were shown to our room. As we had enjoyed our experience so much the previous visit, we booked the same room, Room 8, the luxurious suite for our second visit. Since our previous visit, there had been a refurbishment seemingly across the whole property, and the room had been improved even more!

The room was exceptionally clean, furnished suitably and the room was fully prepared for guests, including a range of supplies of hot drinks in the room as well as a jug of fresh milk and fresh water in a mini fridge outside our room which was exclusive to us. Every room has a mini fridge, and is a lovely extra touch which makes the stay in this B and B so great. The living room was a good size, as was the bedroom and bathroom. There was a TV in both the living area and the bedroom, both with freeview and so many channels to watch when required. The TV in the living area also included a DVD player, however we did not use this during our visit.

The bed was very comfy and of a great size and we slept well both nights. There was plenty of storage for clothes and other items in the wardrobe, in which we found two pairs of inside slip-on shoes and two comfy dressing gowns for us to use.

The bathroom was very clean and we were provided with toiletries for our stay also. We were provided with plenty of towels of varying sizes which were all very clean and suitable.

The ambience is very calm at the property. We have felt, during both our visits, very welcomed and the owners let you 'come and go' as you please which is great. However, the owners also seemed to be available if you needed them.

We attended breakfast on both days. Breakfast is served on the bottom floor of the property from 8.30-9.15 which we felt was the right time for breakfast, late enough to have a bit of a lie-in or an early morning walk along the beach first thing in the morning prior, but not too late either. The tables were laid out very neatly and once again, we were welcomed and cared for excellently. A fresh supply of various juices, yoghurts, fruit and cereals was available for us to help ourselves to, and the owner offered us a hot drink near enough as soon as we sat down. We both decided to have a full English breakfast on both days. There was a large choice of hot food, and the owners were very willing to prepare our food in whichever way we preferred. The food was simply delicious and cooked and prepared to perfection. Even the presentation of the food was faultless!

Check out was very simple and we were thanked for our custom. We both left feeling very happy and would relish the opportunity to return to this property whenever we returned to Great Yarmouth again.

The simple, and sometimes minor touches are what make this such a fantastic property to stay in. Thank you for such a pleasant stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Liam C
tillyGreatYarmouth, Owner at 3 Norfolk Square, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
A review like this makes the total 5 month refurbishment, just undertaken, worth all the effort and expense because this is what we were trying to achieve by doing it.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Hi Stayed at 3 Norfolk Square for 4 night's whilst visiting Great Yarmouth for business.

This is the first B&B I have ever stayed in from recent memory but I have to say that I was very impressed from start to finish.

The room I stayed in (Number 5) was in great condition and has a nice lounge area, a big, comfortable king sized bed and a nice bathroom. The room also has a little fridge in the corridor which is stocked with a bottle of water and fresh milk which is a nice touch! The room also has free, reliable WIFI.

Breakfast was very nice and cooked fresh every morning with a great variety of options available. There is also free parking available and the B&B is within walking distance to most nearby attractions and restaurants.

The lady running the B&B was also very friendly and accommodating. I would happily stay here again if I am ever in the area!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Neel A
tillyGreatYarmouth, Owner at 3 Norfolk Square, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you very much for your review and glad you enjoyed our facilities.

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I actually stayed here a while ago, maybe even a year or two however after joining trip advisor I felt I had to review it. I stayed in room number 3 for a weekend and it was the nicest experience. I understand a lot of people have mentioned the welcome isn't what they've expected but it should be pointed out that It's not fake smiles and someone stood behind a desk pretending to be friendly 24/7, It's the owners who greeted us politely, and warmly. They came across as genuinely nice people. I think there is a perfect amount of friendliness and conversation, and them leaving you to enjoy the place.

Again, I stayed a while ago so the building may have changed. I loved that there was a wide selection of DVDs downstairs for you to use in your room, and that there was a room you could sit in and enjoy the beautiful gardens if you wanted a change from your room. However, our room was beautiful. Perfectly decorated. A lot of thought and effort had gone into it, which you could definitely tell.

The breakfast was delicious and of good quality, Orders taken at the table, so it's all fresh.

There's free parking outside, and it's in a perfect location with the sea at the end of the road, the shops and restaurants are literally minutes away from you. I couldn't have asked for a better stay. Really does put most other B&Bs to shame. I will hopefully be booking to stay here again in May, if I get round to booking it. If i'm honest, whilst I enjoy Great Yarmouth the thought of staying here again is what is making me return.

I would 100% recommend this to anyone looking for somewhere nice to stay in the area.

Room Tip: They all look beautiful.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sian S
tillyGreatYarmouth, Owner at 3 Norfolk Square, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Sorry it has taken so long to respond.

You stayed in room 3 when you come again you will not recognise room 3. Huge shower, showgirl mirror over the dressing table, settee, totally re-decorated. It has taken us 5 months to do the whole place including the hall, landing & stairs.

Thank you for your nice response.

Norwich, Norfolk, UK
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stayed here a few weeks ago for 2 nights. The place is located slightly out of the main area so is quiet but a short pleasant walk to the sea front and usual Great Yarmouth attractions.

Our room as very clean and tidy. Attention to detail was excellent and the quality of the fittings and furniture was very good. The bed was very comfortable. In fact one of the best guest houses I have stayed in, and I have stayed in quite a lot!

The owner was friendly and unobtrusive.

Breakfast was excellent. Sausages were the best I have tasted!

Value for money was excellent and I think the place was full. We booked over the phone meaning we could check a few things out and they had a special deal which was not on the booking web site.

Drawbacks? Nothing really.

1 Thank exrayspex
Sorry it has taken so long to respond but we have been in a 5 month total refurbishment. If you thought it was good before wait until you come now. It will be unrecognizable now.

Thanks for the response.

Castleford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This was me and my wife's second visit to Norfolk square and it was just as good as the first stay the rooms are very spacious and immaculately clean the breakfast is really good and you do have a menu which ranges from cereals fruits full English and even kippers it's not 200 yards from the sea front to be honest it's the best bed and breakfast we have stopped in and we'll worthy off its 5 star rating pity it couldn't be more we'll be back next year for certain we really do recommend this bed and breakfast

Room Tip: We stopped in the junior suite which is massive
1 Thank Zac M
tillyGreatYarmouth, Owner at 3 Norfolk Square, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for your nice review.
It will be better next year. We are having a massive refurbishment from top to bottom.
Belper, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I was surprised to find 3 Norfolk Square so far down the list of Yarmouth properties as it is one of the best b&bs we have stayed in. I can only assume it is because of the greeting one gets. I, personally, found nothing to object to as, like most people, I have met guys like this before. OK, he's got a bee in his bonnet about the parking and I do think it could be made clearer what he wants you to do (I was very proud that I had got my car between the lines and not ripped the spoiler off on the rise!) but so what? I found him to be helpful, informative and there was a sense of humour lurking there somewhere! We really enjoyed our two nights in this quite exceptional b&b.

1 Thank bigfozbelper_England
tillyGreatYarmouth, Owner at 3 Norfolk Square, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thanks for the nice review. Yes I do sometimes want people to park quickly as I always get my guests parked. I have never failed yet.