“spindrift”

Spindrift Guest House
Ranked #17 of 99 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Lovely in all ways thank you for looking after us over the last 4 years and hopefully many more. We think it is very clean and friendly and ideally situated near to shops, beach, nightlife etc.Chris Sue and Annette Rainey

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the Caister Soul weekender in May.

For what we needed it was perfect, close to the front and local shops, clean and good breakfast.

Wardrobe space is a bit sparse if there's 3 of you in a family room, but we were only there for a weekend so not too much of an issue.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 27 August 2013

After all the guest houses' we have visited over time this has to be the best by far in the whole area, a first class hostess and we wanted for nothing.
Everywhere was spotlessly clean , a delightful dining area everything was absolutely faultless.

David and Rosemary, Hunstanton

Room Tip: Go to Spindrift Guest house
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Over 20 years we have stayed in several hotels and guest houses in Great Yarmouth. But for the last 10 years we have continued to return every year to the Spindrift Guest House. It is situated in the perfect location close to all the attractions and very clean and homely. Nothing is too much trouble for the proprietor. The rooms are all tastefully decorated and include everything you could wish for including free TV, WI-FI and even a fridge. The breakfast room is bright and welcoming and the perfect place to enjoy a delicious home cooked full English breakfast or a wide range of other options on the menu. Most of which I tried including smoked salmon and a vegetarian option. I would definitely recommend the Spindrift as the best place to stay in Great Yarmouth. Once you have tried it, you won't want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Just stayed at the Spindrift for a weekend and it was the best B&B I have stayed in, the rooms we comfortable and well looked after. Breakfast was fantastic and the hostess was lovely.

Would recommend to anyone going to Yarmouth and would stay there again in a heartbeat

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DandDWilkinson
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed in a family room which was comfortable and clean. Fairly modern, nice bed linen. Our room was facing the street and even though we had the windows open at night was not disturbed by the noise. Although rooms were fairly nicely decorated this can not be said for the rest of the guest house.The breakfast room is cluttered, which is a terrible shame as it could be a lovely bright and airy space. Was certainly not a surrounding in which I wanted to sit and enjoy my breakfast. The hallway, for some unknown reason, is covered on one wall with all the local kebab menus! The sight of this prior to entering my room for the first time almost sent me running, not to forget the whistling gnome that makes a sound every time you walk past.

Service was alright I suppose. We were rather rudely greeted by the hoteliers mother who was not expecting us, this was not a huge issue but having then been 'checked in' we were neither shown our room nor was there any offer to help with our bags. I get the feeling that this guest house is more designed for families and older couples, don't think a 'younger crowd' are their preferred guests.

When on holiday I would expect to have a lie in which was not achieved as a result of having to attend breakfast by 8:40 at the latest. Breakfast was alright, was not, however, terribly impressed being served tinned tomatoes and mushrooms, now days one would expect fresh produce.If breakfast had not been included in the price of the room I would definitely not have had it.

Check out time was the earliest I have EVER seen at any b&b, guest house or hotel at 9:45. For this reason alone I would not stay again. We were allowed to leave our bags in the hallway but that is the least I would expect given the check out time.

In terms of location it is perfectly situated within walking distance to sea and all of the attractions.

The price was alright and we had a perfectly average experience I would, however, not rush to tell my friends about nor would I stay there again in a hurry. I stay in many hotels, b&bs and guest houses and there is nothing about this that makes it exceptional. In fact am rather stunned that it has been given such high ratings? Having never stayed in any other accommodation in Great Yarmouth I wouldn't know what anything else is like, but I can't believe this is the best it has to offer.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank EmmaB89_12
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Very clean and friendly and excellent food. We went on recommendation and
will certainly recommend it to others, Hope to visit again next year.

Maggie and Vince and Kevin Hilton and Alison Hunter, Lincoln.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple